ADVERTISEMENT

History of The Eagles

NYCNole

Star Player
Apr 1, 2002
Gotta say I didn't know much about The Eagles but watched their rockumentary last year and caught it again last night. Frey & Henley led that band to a meteoric rise. Joe Walsh was the man, started listening to his solo stuff from early 70's and it is really good. Eagles late 70's music really captured that decade. Wish I had been a teen in late's 70's instead of the putrid 80's.

Read a few articles about the debauchery behind the scenes and man these guys sure sounded like fun on the road.

We wore Hotel California out back in '77 - '78...

When we saw it a year ago, I thought Frey was a full on ass. Henley slightly less of one.
Me too which made me really like them. Being leaders of highest selling band in your mid 20's equals big time egos. Can't blame them for being that way.

When we saw it a year ago, I thought Frey was a full on ass. Henley slightly less of one.

If you enjoy reading about this kind of stuff get Don Felder's book about his years with the Eagles. Really makes you wonder about Frey and Henley vs Felder.........there must be some truth in between the lines

We wore Hotel California out back in '77 - '78...
Classic rock radio stations have been wearing it out ever since. If I never hear that title track again, I'll be happy. Good song, but enough already.

Speaking of Felder's book. When they interviewed him on the show, I could tell it still effected him. If I remember right, he walked away from the camera. I enjoy the music but can't stand Frey.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Classic rock radio stations have been wearing it out ever since. If I never hear that title track again, I'll be happy. Good song, but enough already.
It's one song which I really do like, that when they do it live on their Hell Freezes over tour, I like it even better.

Any time I hear the Eagles the Big Lebowski taxi scene comes to mind.

When we saw it a year ago, I thought Frey was a full on ass.

The H is O

WiFe-Glenn%20Frey.jpg

Just watched it last night and agree that Frey comes off like a prick. It's one thing to be that way in your 20s with that fame but to still act like it in your 60s is pretty petty. He was the reason for a lot of the strife yet when they get back together he wants to act like everyone played an equal part in the band stop playing in 1980. He wasnt the best vocally or on the guitar yet he continues to act like he is the leader. I was born in 1980 so my introduction to them was when my parents played their music and I figured Henley was the leader of the band since he was the best vocally and wrote most of the songs.

Very good documentary though and it was cool to see all the old footage. Joe Walsh to me comes off as the best and the most like-able. Good to see him clean himself up.

Appreciate another old enough to have eight track tapes.
Funny story....last day before going home for summer, my car was broken into on College Avenue and multiple 8 track tape boxes were stolen along with my tape player.....out of my vintage 55 Chevy no less. I had been hesitant to switch to cassettes since it would take me forever to get all my music copied. Now the choice was made for me....my how times have changed.....I gave my record collection away to my x son-in- law....another mistake. I had quite a collection.

Stone Poneys was Linda's band name back in the 60s

Funny story....last day before going home for summer, my car was broken into on College Avenue and multiple 8 track tape boxes were stolen along with my tape player.....out of my vintage 55 Chevy no less. I had been hesitant to switch to cassettes since it would take me forever to get all my music copied. Now the choice was made for me....my how times have changed.....I gave my record collection away to my x son-in- law....another mistake. I had quite a collection.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the creedence.....
hBKTQa1.jpg

This was 1968 .....not sure what creedence you're looking for but I did see CCR on stage with them in 68 in California while working security.

Sorry, I guess I just assume that everyone has seen The Big Lebowski - the line is from a scene in that movie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT