ADVERTISEMENT

How much money do you carry?

Ohio1nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Nov 12, 2014
I have a friend that seems to always have his entire bank account in his wallet.. Never made much sense to me for the fact of being robbed or losing your wallet.. I rarely have more than $50 bucks in my wallet at any given time.. What about you guys? How much is normally in yours?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

$50-$60 on a normal day.

My dad has a friend that carries no less than $6,000 on him at all times. This was after my dad talked him down from carrying $10,000.

He does it so no matter where he is, if he wants to go to Biloxi he can just go without having to go home.

On average, less than $10. Currently there's $2 in my wallet. Those same two dollars have been there for probably a couple of weeks, and they'll likely be there in another couple of weeks.

I don't use cash for much of anything, so I don't need to have a bunch on me. Once a month I play poker (low stakes - excuse to drink beer) with a group of friends, so I pick up $60 to bring with me for that. Whatever I have left, or make off the night, will either get disbursed out to the family, or stay in my wallet until it's gradually depleted.

Originally posted by d-ronanole:

My dad has a friend that carries no less than $6,000 on him at all times. This was after my dad talked him down from carrying $10,000.
If you let me know his normal weekday schedule, I'll split whatever I get with you 50/50.

Every month I take out about $150 in cash to use for lunches and random purchases. So at the beginning of the month, I have $150, at the end of the month, about $5.

Originally posted by RunRonnieRun:
$150 - $200 usually. $280 right this minute.
Payday?

smile.r191677.gif

Never over $50. Rarely over $20. The downtown flower guy and my barber are the only two places I use cash and both are infrequent enough that I usually just take out $20 from the ATM on my way. Helps that I live in a walkable area, my bank is on the block between my 2 block walk to work from home.

I don't like cash and get multiple free trips a year from credit card rewards so don't see why I would ever choose paying in cash over credit (unless I'm on a bachelor party weekend or something and in that case, a few hundred ones in my fanny pack that I wear over my umbros).

Originally posted by d-ronanole:
$50-$60 on a normal day.

He does it so no matter where he is, if he wants to go to Biloxi he can just go without having to go home.

Grandfather always carried large amounts of cash in the 1920s. Like $2-3k, which at the time was astronomical. Woke up one day in 1929 and all of the banks were broke. My grandfather's stash enabled him to weather the Great Depression much easier than would have otherwise been the case. So maybe this idea is not totally crazy

Now I have a debit card with a couple of grand on it.. But never seem to have more than $50. I work at a high end golf club in south Florida and am amazed when I see members un band a huge wad of cash.. Just never made sense to me

My 6 y/o empties my pockets and wallet every hour and banks my cash and loose change. So one credit and two debit cards is all I usually carry.

Not much. A few hun. Walking around money...

I dont carry any cash unless I am going somewhere that I know doesnt accept cards, which in this day, isnt that many places.

Originally posted by Formerly Rockymtnole:
Every month I take out about $150 in cash to use for lunches and random purchases. So at the beginning of the month, I have $150, at the end of the month, about $5.
How long ago did you start that? Shouldn't you have a lot more than $150 now since you run a $5 surplus every month?

I have a $5 in my wallet right now; I'll go to the bank later & get a little $ for the weekend, most of which will get spent at the little league concession stand or stolen by my wife & kids.

Originally posted by seminole4life1:
Never over $50. Rarely over $20. The downtown flower guy and my barber are the only two places I use cash and both are infrequent enough that I usually just take out $20 from the ATM on my way. Helps that I live in a walkable area, my bank is on the block between my 2 block walk to work from home.

I don't like cash and get multiple free trips a year from credit card rewards so don't see why I would ever choose paying in cash over credit (unless I'm on a bachelor party weekend or something and in that case, a few hundred ones in my fanny pack that I wear over my umbros).

How much do you pay for a haircut?

This thread reminds me of an old cool 80's song consisting of the lyrics...."got to carry weapons cuz you always carry cash"

Can anyone name that tune?

Originally posted by jacknole24:

This thread reminds me of an old cool 80's song consisting of the lyrics...."got to carry weapons cuz you always carry cash"

Can anyone name that tune?
Miami Vice - Smuggler's Blues. Used to love that show.

Speaking of vice, how the hell do you people carrying so little cash pay for your hookers and blow?

Usually $100-$150. Back in the day before debit cards, I would always have $500-$600 with me in case I needed something quickly for my business and didn't have any checks with me.

Just spent my $1 bill on skittles. Happy with the decision.

Very minimal cash. Occasionally I'll have $100 to break and I'll keep $20 of it in my wallet.

My debit card has been obnoxious lately though. Gets declined some days, but I've always got plenty of $ in checking. I'm actually switching banks soon because of the issues I've had. They didn't even notify me that my card was part of the Home Depot hack & they shut it down. No notice & it took a week before I got a replacement card.

Very little. Sometimes zero. I use my debit card for everything. I bought a cup of coffee this AM and paid the $1.50 with my debit.

/

$50-$200

I have a about half dozen friends who make good money, over $700k ish....they keep $500 plus on them....or so it seems. Wish i were in that boat

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT