ADVERTISEMENT

I just finished "Breaking Bad"

Still good no matter when you watch it. That series left me walking around in a stupor for a couple of weeks. Very dark.

Still good no matter when you watch it. That series left me walking around in a stupor for a couple of weeks. Very dark.
Yes...between it and Ozark I may have to take a breather from these intensely violent shows.

Reactions: Adamnole0514
I know I am really way behind the curve on that one but finally watched it all...wow...
Good for you Rip Van Winkle! Seriously though, we never watched it either. When it came out, we had watched a string of shows with drug addled characters and when I read the plot, it seemed to far fetched. Maybe one day.....

Reactions: Dr. Nole and F4Gary
Now you need to start on Better Call Saul, the ongoing pre-quel. Sometimes I think BCS is better. But would probably put BB slightly better.

BCS is finally filming the final season. I think it won’t come out until next Feb. God I love Kim Wexler. What is going to happen to Kim?

My hunch is she is still alive (& not in jail) and the person “Gene” goes to after his call on the pay phone. God what a series. Can’t wait to the two shows overlap some more. Will we see a Walt cameo?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Nole
I haven’t watched that or Better Call Saul yet.
If you want a another really good show to watch I would recommend Yellowstone. It airs on the Paramount channel. There are three seasons already and season four should be coming in June. This show is Crazy! "Mentally", Beth Dutton (the daughter) would be the best football player on our roster. She is Ruthless!

Did you watch El Camino too? It's about Jesse and what happens after the series finale.
I was going to say the same. It wasn’t anything earth shattering but I thought it was a cool little aftermath piece.

Watched it back in the day. Rewatached early Covid with my wife. She had trouble getting into it, but she loved it by late S1. I liked it as much or more than the first time.

Watched El Camino. Did not love it, but glad we watched it.

Still need to watch BCS.

The scene where after Jesse tries to escape and then they make him watch as they kill his "girlfriend" while he is in the car...that's nightmares right there.

For me the show with Jessie and the kid in the crack house was incredibly disturbing. Not to derail the thread but in my mind this is what I picture when I hear the libertarian's viewpoint of legalization of all drugs. This is the unintended consequence that would follow such policy.

Gary as hard as Breaking Bad is to watch at times it is very well done. The show keeps true to its core message throughout the seasons. The acting is top notch. The characters and story line is very engaging. They do a superb job with the cinematography as the camera is used quite often to tell the story.

Saul was a great character in BB but I sort of burned out after 2-3 of seasons with BCS. I may pick it back up sometime in the future.

I couldn’t get into BCS. It’s well written, well acted and well shot but it’s so slow I just couldn’t do it. Kim Wexler is the best though. She was/is too attractive and good of a person to ever have dated Saul/Jimmy.

Reactions: squiffynole
Great show.

I have never been more annoyed by a tv show character than by the wife in that one.

The scene where after Jesse tries to escape and then they make him watch as they kill his "girlfriend" while he is in the car...that's nightmares right there.
The scene where Walt saves Jessie from the gangbangers by running them down was crazy too.

Mike Ehrmantrout is a great character as well.

Just started BCS...is it a prequel to BB as there are characters in it who didn't survive BB or just totally unrelated to BB? He's not even called Saul in it (yet?)

Just started BCS...is it a prequel to BB as there are characters in it who didn't survive BB or just totally unrelated to BB? He's not even called Saul in it (yet?)
Yes prequel. And they eventually show how he becomes Saul.

Now go watch "The Killing" filmed in Seattle. Another great drama series.

Stay with it. Season one is a little dry, by season three it’s almost as good as BB.

Its the prequel to BB. You will grow to love Kim Wexler.

I really like BCS despite the slow start, has been a downer at how long production has taken even before Covid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT