ADVERTISEMENT

Jameis - new counter lawsuit- wish I had been wrong

GvilleNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 31, 2001
I told my wife fairly early in the process that Eric may be motivated by $$$ but there was another huge dynamic here. I am not sure what it is but we often speculated it was here parents and family. From her crazy aunt friend of the family lawyer .. on. Once she said she had been raped .. true or not they wanted her to go after him to the death .. in other words do not quit win or lose just be committed to making his like hell. I said to my wife this is a crazy woman .. Fatal Attraction... wont stop crazy. I have no inside knowledge and do not know what she is thinking but do know she is in fact .. Fatal Attraction... crazy.

Anyway, I then made the statement (this was very early in the story) that I bet it will not stop until he gets drafted and get money. After she is looking at not being able to get a job and owing him millions and needing to file for bankruptcy, and his side getting told more and more it will end.

Boy I wish I had been wrong but this woman is .. Fatal Attraction... crazy. I think this lawsuit ends it all.

Erica may or may not be crazy. But she's not the one driving all of this. She's just a puppet. The real crazy folks are the family and the vulture-like investo...I mean lawyers that are endlessly pursuing this.

I get the sense (and a connected poster actually mentioned it way back before Meggs' office concluded the investigation) Erica never wanted the case brought back into the light and never wanted to hurt Jameis. It was her filthy vile gator parents and gator Uncle Pat that leaked the whole thing to Baker and got the ball rolling. Then they found out about their daughter secretly dating another black football player and forced her to play along with their burn down the black FSU QB crusade.

Erica may or may not be crazy. But she's not the one driving all of this. She's just a puppet. The real crazy folks are the family and the vulture-like investo...I mean lawyers that are endlessly pursuing this.

I get the sense Erica never wanted the case brought back into the light and never wanted to hurt Jameis. It was her filthy vile gator parents and gator Uncle Pat that leaked the whole thing to Baker and got the ball rolling..

I think Erica was very reluctant at first and was flat out being pushed .. by parent or whoever ... but after a while she shifted from should I drop this to .. oh crap .. I started it and there is no going back ... I am all in for the long hall .. about that time she went ... fatal attraction .. Glen Close on us. I swear to you I think there are conveniently made up parts of the her story she now believes .. just like Glen Close ...

hopefully the counter claim by Jameis will cause her to tell her parent and lawyer to go jump in a lake

Last edited:
Reactions: minhnga
I think Erica was very reluctant at first and was flat out being pushed .. by parent or whoever ... but after a while she shifted from should I drop this to .. oh crap .. I started it and there is no going back ... I am all in for the long hall .. about that time she went ... fatal attraction .. Glen Close on us. I swear to you I think there are conveniently made up parts of the her story she now believes .. just like Glen Close ...

hopefully the counter claim by Jameis will cause her to tell her parent and lawyer to go jump in a lake

...to jump into a lake which is full of crocodiles...I meant gatas...:mad:

Reactions: FirewaterNole
I think Winston counter suit is meant to steer the settlement in Winston's favor as a bargaining tool, hope I'm wrong but I doubt either suit goes to court

I think Winston counter suit is meant to steer the settlement in Winston's favor as a bargaining tool, hope I'm wrong but I doubt either suit goes to court

I know Winston would love to resolve it, and I agree that the counterclaim is intended to drive a sensible resolution. Whether such a resolution is possible remains to be seen. I suspect Winston wants a retraction/apology, but I am not sure Kinsman could safely provide that -- even if she wanted to -- given her prior (presumably sworn) statements to police. From her standpoint, it is safer to go to trial and lose, and then say "oh well, the jury disagreed with me."

I agree that this has gone much further than she probably intended to take it. She is a low-character person surrounded by others of equal (or lower) character. Trash breeds trash. Jameis made a huge mistake by intersecting with trash. Huge lesson for him and all others paying attention.

I keep waiting to hear about a friend she "confided in". Anyone else surprised we haven't heard about one the friends at least coming out saying more about that night? We know she told one of them a different story about a party, but the details beyond that have been only from her statements.

I get the sense (and a connected poster actually mentioned it way back before Meggs' office concluded the investigation) Erica never wanted the case brought back into the light and never wanted to hurt Jameis. It was her filthy vile gator parents and gator Uncle Pat that leaked the whole thing to Baker and got the ball rolling. Then they found out about their daughter secretly dating another black football player and forced her to play along with their burn down the black FSU QB crusade.
I agree but one side note is that while Uncle Pat is a gator her parents are actually huge Cane fans. Go figure, redneck Cane fans.

I keep waiting to hear about a friend she "confided in". Anyone else surprised we haven't heard about one the friends at least coming out saying more about that night? We know she told one of them a different story about a party, but the details beyond that have been only from her statements.
Her friends can't help her because they don't go along with what she claims.

She started this all, and hasn't displayed she's ever given a hoot about not hurting Jameis.

To the contrary; I think she's shown she'd much rather accuse him of rape and wreck his life than simply admit to her family she likes Black guys.

Did they force her to even say she was raped to begin with? Did they force her to point out Jameis in class?

I'm not saying she isn't being influenced to a degree, but I do think it's obvious she's had no problem whatsoever dragging Jameis through the mud to save her own skin. This is her fault, and ultimately no one else's.

I can't speak to Kinsman's motivation, but her legal team has invested an awful lot of time and money in this case without any return to date on that investment.

The suit against FSU had potential but, whoops, Thrasher declares the school's intent to fight back and not settle.

Then the inevitable civil suit is filed against Jameis. Clune is not stupid. He knows that there is no way they can risk a trial and the deposition and cross-examination of Kinsman. So it was really settlement or bust.

But, whoops, Cornwell keeps his promise and files a counter suit.

The anticipated financial windfall is rapidly vanishing. Should be interesting to see how this now plays out.

This has nothing to do with Fatal Attraction. OP could not be more wrong.

It has everything to do with getting cash. Erica Kinsman is but a pawn at this point being used by investors and family around her to gain a pay day - one that will never come, thanks to Jameis' desire to take the short-term public scrutiny to obtain long term justice.

Reactions: NYNole40
I agree but one side note is that while Uncle Pat is a gator her parents are actually huge Cane fans. Go figure, redneck Cane fans.
Not too shocking. The canes. There are all sorts. Every 23 of them.

She started this all, and hasn't displayed she's ever given a hoot about not hurting Jameis.

To the contrary; I think she's shown she'd much rather accuse him of rape and wreck his life than simply admit to her family she likes Black guys.

Did they force her to even say she was raped to begin with? Did they force her to point out Jameis in class?

I'm not saying she isn't being influenced to a degree, but I do think it's obvious she's had no problem whatsoever dragging Jameis through the mud to save her own skin. This is her fault, and ultimately no one else's.

Agree she set the ball in motion, but at some point mature professionals have to explain to air-headed bimbo clients that they need to stand down. Uncle Pat and the Colorado Investors threw gas on the fire instead of cold water.

I think what the counter suit allows is for both sides to walk away w a victory. This gets settled.

Cornwell - "we agreed to drop our lawsuit per terms of the settlement and by that we agree we are not permitted to discuss this case any longer."

Clune. ""
There may or may not be a settlement, but if there is, both sides didn't win...she did. If they pay her to let it drop, she gets paid and he looks guilty (to those who don't know the facts). That's a loss for JW IMO.

There may or may not be a settlement, but if there is, both sides didn't win...she did. If they pay her to let it drop, she gets paid and he looks guilty (to those who don't know the facts). That's a loss for JW IMO.

Is the lawsuit just against her, or her entire family and all of those involved? It should blanket and box in all of the Dos and Does involved. They are all guilty in this case.

No matter what this has evolved (devolved) into, I always go back to the niight of the consensual act That morning, shortly after arriving at her dorm, she called a friend and said she was hit over the head and came to with some unknown black guy on top of her. At that point, there was no cash grab (Winston was a 4th string QB who hadn't had one live snap). We all know she lied to her friend and I highly doubt she intended that friend to contact her family (which is where and why the continual string of lies occurred). But, I always wondered why she told the first lie to the friend. What was she trying to get out of with that lie? That's the thing I want to know.

No matter what this has evolved (devolved) into, I always go back to the niight of the consensual act That morning, shortly after arriving at her dorm, she called a friend and said she was hit over the head and came to with some unknown black guy on top of her. At that point, there was no cash grab (Winston was a 4th string QB who hadn't had one live snap). We all know she lied to her friend and I highly doubt she intended that friend to contact her family (which is where and why the continual string of lies occurred). But, I always wondered why she told the first lie to the friend. What was she trying to get out of with that lie? That's the thing I want to know.

-Attention
-Sympathy
-Cover story for infidelity
-Cover story for appearing loose

All of those are possibilities.

Perhaps she was seen coming home alone late. Perhaps she was trying to find a way out of the test she would later attempt to cheat on. Perhaps she thought the video was going to show up in worldstarhiphop. Whatever it was, she is a bad and compulsive liar, so she was doing whatever she thought would get her out of the situation.

Perhaps she was seen coming home alone late. Perhaps she was trying to find a way out of the test she would later attempt to cheat on. Perhaps she thought the video was going to show up in worldstarhiphop. Whatever it was, she is a bad and compulsive liar, so she was doing whatever she thought would get her out of the situation.

This is what I've always assumed... She saw Casher with his phone and was mortified that the video of her with a black guy would get out. The fact that she didn't call 911 or notify the police herself lead me to believe that she didn't want it to go that far.

The fact that she gave the wrong description, deleted her texts, and didn't name Jameis bolster this assumption.

Once the train was out of the station there was no turning back.

SFNole

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
I think what the counter suit allows is for both sides to walk away w a victory. This gets settled.

Cornwell - "we agreed to drop our lawsuit per terms of the settlement and by that we agree we are not permitted to discuss this case any longer."

Clune. ""

I don't know why posters keep tossing around the settlement idea. This doesn't go away it's gotten too big of a story. Kobe settled early in the process. It's too late, too many Jameis haters now. If you knew that you had future business deals that you could make but a liar keeps you from it, would you do something to make you look more guilty.

Let's not forget the NFL whole image of players treating women better. A settlement would only fuel him posters wanting him kicked out of the league.

The first lie was to not be responsible for her behavior. Jordan said in her interview that she was a good girl as he knew her and not a partyer. Who knows maybe it was dealing with guilt from something that wasn't her or that she felt guilty having a one night stand with someone she didn't know. Plus the video probably scared her as well. Irony is she is going to look at a lot worse following this lie instead of just coming clean with relatives.

Jameis would be a fool to settle with her after his testimony given to FSU. I'll be pissed with him if he settles.

Hasn't she already lost her leverage to settle as she already put her story out there. Had she kept her mouth shut to the media. And held it until after the lawsuit was filed, wouldn't she have had more leverage to settle by saying I will not go on this talk show or that talk show or any documentary to talk about it. Now she has already put the story out there and damaged him beyond repair. Even if he wins this should it go to trial, many already have him convicted without a recant from Erica. And I don't think he could pay her to recant her story.

There is no way in Hell that Jameis can settle this. It would be reported out as a tacit admission of guilt. This case has always been about the varied and ever- changing story of Ms Kinsman. The only way to make any sense of her Bizarro World account is through the prism of altered state of consciousness...either drugs or a blow to her noggin or the trauma of rape. One has to make the journey through the " looking glass ", where up is down, and black is white, to give her account a modicum of veracity. With the aid of a politically correct media who are out to self aggrandize their importance in giving a voice to the "War on Women. Truth be damned, using ways to sway opinion by giving legs to a story that has always been shaky at best... you know "if it bleeds it leads .
What's really going down here !) it's an indictment of college sports and the position of athletes who are stars 2) it's the claim that the police are "in bed " with the academic institution and lastly it tends to want to surreptitiously reveal it's contempt for our Southern Culture . I am not alone in wanting this counter claim for it's the only way Jameis gets his reputation restored and if along the way the bad actors in the boardrooms and in the media gets their reputations tarnished so be it...let the chips fall where they may

"

Last edited:
The scary thing to me is what she could have done had she really planned this out from start to finish. Had she roofied herself after Winston dropped her off -- or if she had just taken 7 shots -- I think Meggs would have gone for charges. It was the blackout lie she told about being drunk or drugged that destroyed her credibility. Ultimately, that's the detail that dooms her case.

I've always felt that she truly was victimized that night but it wasn't by Jameis, it was by Casher busting into the room. I think she was angry about that and probably angry at Jameis for laughing about it and then dropping her off as soon as it was all over. At that point she felt used and got mad. To cover herself though from people thinking she got what she deserved she simply said she was raped and then hoped it would go away. Unfortunately I think Aunt Pat (Who is a big gator booster) got word of this and decided she would be the hero to the UF Faithful for being the one to take down FSU. Once she got involved, things escalated way too fast and this whole thing took on a life of its own.

I've always felt that she truly was victimized that night but it wasn't by Jameis, it was by Casher busting into the room. I think she was angry about that and probably angry at Jameis for laughing about it and then dropping her off as soon as it was all over. At that point she felt used and got mad. To cover herself though from people thinking she got what she deserved she simply said she was raped and then hoped it would go away. Unfortunately I think Aunt Pat (Who is a big gator booster) got word of this and decided she would be the hero to the UF Faithful for being the one to take down FSU. Once she got involved, things escalated way too fast and this whole thing took on a life of its own.

She wasn't a victim to the point of a shock that causes memory loss. She could have had sued if Casher ever distributed the video. Lots of celebrities have sued for that; this has always been about her not wanting to feel guilty for it being public knowledge that she's sleeping with black guys.

Why do you think Casher deleted that video? That certainly would have been able to clear all this up from the start.

Why do you think Casher deleted that video? That certainly would have been able to clear all this up from the start.
Easiest question in the entire post:
Casher: Hey man you need to take a look at this freak going down on you.
JW: Man are you crazy, if that gets out and my GF sees it or hears about it I am dead. Delete that **** right now.

This has nothing to do with Fatal Attraction. OP could not be more wrong.

It has everything to do with getting cash. Erica Kinsman is but a pawn at this point being used by investors and family around her to gain a pay day - one that will never come, thanks to Jameis' desire to take the short-term public scrutiny to obtain long term justice.
sound great but not that simple .. this has gone national, personal and gone on for a long time. .. she has started drinkin the cool aid .... at least to some degree.

I don't know why posters keep tossing around the settlement idea. This doesn't go away it's gotten too big of a story. Kobe settled early in the process. It's too late, too many Jameis haters now. If you knew that you had future business deals that you could make but a liar keeps you from it, would you do something to make you look more guilty.

Let's not forget the NFL whole image of players treating women better. A settlement would only fuel him posters wanting him kicked out of the league.

Assuming she does not voluntarily withdraw her suit, there are only two options for resolving the suit because it involves highly factual issues--either they settle or it goes to trial. Going to trial is very expensive (even if you win), takes a lot of time, and is inherently risky even if you are in the right. At some point, it is almost certain to settle.

The Hunting Ground was her biggest mistake. Video evidence of the lie regarding the toxicology report contradicting the tox report and her own questioning of the SAO investigator.

Assuming she does not voluntarily withdraw her suit, there are only two options for resolving the suit because it involves highly factual issues--either they settle or it goes to trial. Going to trial is very expensive (even if you win), takes a lot of time, and is inherently risky even if you are in the right. At some point, it is almost certain to settle.

What your missing is the standard of limitation for the criminal, he can't settle which shows admitting guilt to the SAO then they would go after. Plus this just some guy settling out of court, even if he keeps the SAO away from him then he's got image for endorsements and other character issue present by any group that wants him disciplined by the NFL. You would asking him to basically create evidence that the NFL would use to discipline him for. This is BEYOND going away cheap and quietly because of Overtop expectations and coverage for being a Heisman winner and now add the face of the NFL draft. He has to prove his innocence against her in order to have a career in the NFL with all the pro-women stuff that the NFL is invested in.

The Hunting Ground was her biggest mistake. Video evidence of the lie regarding the toxicology report contradicting the tox report and her own questioning of the SAO investigator.

This, it's going to be used Heavily against her since she was involved in documentary.

Well, because consensual or not, making a video without her permission is very wrong.

And who keeps a video on their phone of a friend having sex?? My guess is he erased it the next day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT