ADVERTISEMENT

just watched Barry Sanders "a football life"

Mar 29, 2002
I always remember him from his pro days in Detroit but had no idea he rushed for 2600+ yards and 38 TDs in ONE season at OSU. SICK!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Was a little young to remember his college stats. I beg your forgiveness.

Originally posted by Dolph:
Was a little young to remember his college stats. I beg your forgiveness.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

eeeeh I never saw him play a college down either, I was too young as well.

It's really sad how he went out, he had a few more good years left and would've crushed every record out there had he had a decent team

Love Barry, Im 36 and say without a doubt he is the best running back in my time. The line he ran behind?. Makes me sick Smith has the rushing record when Barry Could've put it out of reach with a few more years. A co worked argued the emmit was the better back. I wanted to jam a pen in my ear. I will put Adrian Peterson second now. Loved Sweetness as a kid but cant remember but the end of his career.

Yeah, I never saw Barry play in college either, but dear God! He was without a doubt the best running back I have ever seen and it is not even close! Only the truly blind could even think that Emmit was better than Barry. I shudder to think of the numbers he would have put up if he played behind that cowboys offensive line.

If they counted bowls (they should) he finished with 2850 yards, and like 44 touchdowns.

My favorite player ever.

"How could you not know this?" Said in reference to individual non-FSU college stats from 25 years ago. Classic Tribal Council.

Originally posted by Urban Cryer:
It's really sad how he went out, he had a few more good years left and would've crushed every record out there had he had a decent team
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
He even told Detroit trade me or I'm going to retire. Still the best running back to play the game.

I remember he was still being drafted in my fantasy football league 2 years after he called it quits... just in case. Quite simply he was the best running back I've ever seen.

G.O.A.T.

On the bright side, Barry might still be fine mentally and physically into middle and old age because he didn't play extra years chasing records.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT