ADVERTISEMENT

Keith Law hates Winston too

fsugrad06

Star Player
Mar 26, 2009
Saw this in the Keith Law ESPN chat today (I'm not sure what piece they are talking about):
Paul (Atlanta)

Thanks for sharing that piece on Jameis Winston this morning. I know your thoughts on him as a person and as a baseball "prospect". But do you think someone will draft him this year? Hopefully the Braves (and other teams) just steer clear.

Klaw
(1:13 PM)

After the tenth round someone will take him. Can't burn a pick on him before that unless you have a deal in place, probably a below-slot one, or you'll risk losing the slot value from your bonus pool. Also, I think he's as bad a makeup guy as anyone in this draft and wouldn't want any part of him in my organization.

No [via mobile]

You seem to hate everyone who has ever messed up in their life. You obviously want Hamilton booted from the league?

Klaw
(1:16 PM)

If this refers to Winston, there's a difference between messing up and committing (allegedly) a sexual assault. That's not "messing up," it's a violent crime.

Tim (AZ)

So Winston is guilty until proven otherwise in your mind? Thats OK. But not what this country is built on.

Klaw
(1:23 PM)

You're very confused. The standard for criminal convictions isn't the same as the standard for employment.

Who is Keith Law? But apparently he doesn't understand the standard for the code of conduct hearing and standard to make an arrest which are lower than criminal conviction.

Considering how much information is readily available for some of these people, it really makes it hard not to jump to a conclusion about why they want to believe what they do in regards to JW.

People who still make such statements are one or more of the following: 1) lazy 2) incapable of reason 3) unwilling to examine the facts 4) racists who cannot imagine a pretty white girl willingly hooking up with a "black boy" 5) trying to get attention. I think most of the media who make these statements are largely just trying to get their clicks. They cannot all be as stupid as they appear to be.

People who still make such statements are one or more of the following: 1) lazy 2) incapable of reason 3) unwilling to examine the facts 4) racists who cannot imagine a pretty white girl willingly hooking up with a "black boy" 5) trying to get attention. I think most of the media who make these statements are largely just trying to get their clicks. They cannot all be as stupid as they appear to be.
Or have an agenda to promote that a rape culture exists. I guess that could fall under #2. But it is sad that many change or omit facts to push forth a political agenda.

I don't think that Jameis would be drafted the 10th round, regardless of the off the field stuff.

Considering how much information is readily available for some of these people, it really makes it hard not to jump to a conclusion about why they want to believe what they do in regards to JW.

I was arguing with Joe Banner, the former Eagle President, the other day on twitter and when I pointed out the first description was of a 5'9" guy and there were no drugs in her system, he asked where I got the information.

If someone read the reports and came to the conclusion, he was guilty, I would have more respect than for those idiots who blather on without reading the reports.

People who make negative comments about Winston represent about 97% of the human population. Hate to bring reality to the thread, but Winstonadw his own problems.

People who make negative comments about Winston represent about 97% of the human population. Hate to bring reality to the thread, but Winstonadw his own problems.

I'll bring a little reality to this thread by saying 97% of the population are complete morons and lend's credence that the 'Idiocracy' effect is very real.

46205_451643848207720_1346531281_n1.jpg

Law is confused. The standard of employment for the ordinary individual is more scrutinized than the athlete. Just having the word standards and professional athlete in the same sentence is laughable.

I was arguing with Joe Banner, the former Eagle President, the other day on twitter and when I pointed out the first description was of a 5'9" guy and there were no drugs in her system, he asked where I got the information.

If someone read the reports and came to the conclusion, he was guilty, I would have more respect than for those idiots who blather on without reading the reports.

This information regarding the height was a media screw up not a report screw up. Read the actual report and the documents.

I hope Tampa goes all in on Winston and the Rays take him. If nothing else he'll put butts in seats. Russel Wilson is on the Rangers right now so it's clear there is value. IMO Winston on both the Rays and the Bucs will only increase both teams value.

This information regarding the height was a media screw up not a report screw up. Read the actual report and the documents.

I hope Tampa goes all in on Winston and the Rays take him. If nothing else he'll put butts in seats. Russel Wilson is on the Rangers right now so it's clear there is value. IMO Winston on both the Rays and the Bucs will only increase both teams value.

No, it wasn't a media screw up........download the following State Attorney pdf, and it's the first paragraph on page 4.

When asked to describe the suspect, XX described him as being approximately 5 '9" - 5' 11" with
big muscles.
His hair was a "poofy" short afro which needed to be cut. She did not recall much
about his face. Inv. Angulo asked XX if she could recall any statements the suspect made to her.
XX recalled the suspect picking her up, carrying her into the bathroom, and telling her they could
lock the door in the bathroom. When the sexual acts were completed, he put her clothes back on
and told her, "okay, you can leave now. I'll take you home on my scooter." She stated the male
was wearing a red shirt and jeans.

No, it wasn't a media screw up........download the following State Attorney pdf, and it's the first paragraph on page 4.

When asked to describe the suspect, XX described him as being approximately 5 '9" - 5' 11" with
big muscles.
His hair was a "poofy" short afro which needed to be cut. She did not recall much
about his face. Inv. Angulo asked XX if she could recall any statements the suspect made to her.
XX recalled the suspect picking her up, carrying her into the bathroom, and telling her they could
lock the door in the bathroom. When the sexual acts were completed, he put her clothes back on
and told her, "okay, you can leave now. I'll take you home on my scooter." She stated the male
was wearing a red shirt and jeans.
Now I'm confused, i swore the TPD report had it correct from the get go but it's included in there. I stand corrected

I went back and forth with him on twitter for 3-4 hours to no avail. He refused to listen to reason. I present facts about the case and he dismissed them all.

He claims her changing story is because women have been raped have recall issues. I said immediately after event? Claims Darby and Casher lied because they talked to Winston attorney.

I went back and forth with him on twitter for 3-4 hours to no avail. He refused to listen to reason. I present facts about the case and he dismissed them all.

He claims her changing story is because women have been raped have recall issues. I said immediately after event? Claims Darby and Casher lied because they talked to Winston attorney.
And they say Jameis always has a back story.....

I would love it if people started calling these guys out as either ignorant if they haven't read every single page of evidence and ruling on the case, or racist if they claim they have.

To "outsiders" who had no reason to be familiar with the details, they just follow the "general message" they received from the media. And in JW's case, that message was "he's a bad kid." No one was providing any DIFFERENT message, so that one sunk in in the minds of your general schmuck

Sad, but true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT