ADVERTISEMENT

Leaked Batman v Superman Trailer

More Kirk Less Spock

Seminole Insider
Sep 9, 2007
Doesn't look very good. Perhaps this is why they are waiting so long to release it...still haven't cut together anything worth seeing.

I'm with what the OP said, but the exact opposite.
wink.r191677.gif

Thanks, NNB, found it. I am not impressed whatsoever. I didn't mind Man of Steel. Not great, not bad, just kind of meh. This looks awful.

Originally posted by ggmike1992:
Thanks, NNB, found it. I am not impressed whatsoever. I didn't mind Man of Steel. Not great, not bad, just kind of meh. This looks awful.

My exact thoughts. MoS was pretty decent... but this, meh. I'm, admittedly, a Nolan fan boy so that may play a part in my bias... but Affleck + that crap that I just watched = pretty weak Batman.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

certainly not enough in a minute snipped to predict if it will suck (or be good). I think I'll wait until after I've seen it.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:
certainly not enough in a minute snipped to predict if it will suck (or be good). I think I'll wait until after I've seen it.
wink.r191677.gif
My thoughts as well. I'll wait to see the next trailer and maybe we'll have a better idea on how good or bad the movie will be.

agree we cannot tell much from that, but so far it seems a little dark. I think that's why Marvel movies are generally doing well - just a bit more fun infused into the Marvel movies.

I think it looks promising. The cast is very strong. I don't know why the hate for Affleck. The guy is really good. He was the bomb in Phantoms, yo.

You will all see it and geek out for Justice League. I am geeked out that Kevin Conroy has a part in the movie..a cameo I think.

Sorry - just my opinion but I think that both Batman vs Superman and Ant Man look like horrible movies. I'm sure I'll watch both when they're on HBO/Showtime in a few months, but there's no way I pay to see either of those in the theatres.

And I understand that I don't follow comic books as much as others in here, but how in the world could Batman (a regular guy with some good gadgets/vehicles) EVER compete against Superman (a guy with actual super powers)? It seems like it'd be a pretty quick fight to me.

Originally posted by NDallasRuss:
Sorry - just my opinion but I think that both Batman vs Superman and Ant Man look like horrible movies. I'm sure I'll watch both when they're on HBO/Showtime in a few months, but there's no way I pay to see either of those in the theatres.

And I understand that I don't follow comic books as much as others in here, but how in the world could Batman (a regular guy with some good gadgets/vehicles) EVER compete against Superman (a guy with actual super powers)? It seems like it'd be a pretty quick fight to me.
Someone more versed in the comic book lore than I could chime in with more detail, but my understanding is that Bruce/Batman has knowledge of and access to Kryptonite and has a host of "super-weapons" that he stores in case he has to do battle with Supes.

Originally posted by vevois23:
Originally posted by NDallasRuss:

Someone more versed in the comic book lore than I could chime in with more detail, but my understanding is that Bruce/Batman has knowledge of and access to Kryptonite and has a host of "super-weapons" that he stores in case he has to do battle with Supes.
That is true. Thats the suit he is in in the trailer where he has green eyes. Thats a kryptonite powered suit.

Looks like there is some Injustice Gods Among Us in the eggs of the trailer.

I'm going to hold out some hope.

Looks like a few random clips, not an actual trailer designed to entice people into seeing a movie.

That did not look very good to me. Even the new Fantastic Four and Tomorrowland trailers looked better. This is going to be a big dud.

That is true. Thats the suit he is in in the trailer where he has green eyes. Thats a kryptonite powered suit.

Seems like even with a kryptonite suit, superman could just stand a safe distance away and hurl heavy objects at him. Or, just use those eye beams he has. But, i guess if superman's arch nemesis, lex luthor is just a man, then batman could stand a chance too...

I'll like it because I am a fan, but I don't think it will become what Marvel has created.

I don't expect it too.

Are you certain?

Yes depending on what you mean by dud. If you mean turn a profit...I'm sure there are going to a ton of DC nerds who will watch any old pile of dung thrown out there multiple times. Green Lantern was horrendous and cost $200 million but still slightly turned a profit at $219 million. The equally dreadful Man of Steel made an actually big profit at $650 mil off of $225 mil in costs. So I have no doubt it will make a mint by adding in Batfleck.

I'm just sure it will be terrible. The track record says the DC movies will be awful (I've only liked the first two NuBatman movies plus the original Batman and first two original Superman all others were dreadful. That's live action, I've seen a few other animated ones I liked) and I assumed that BEFORE seeing the trailer which looked awful.

I didn't read comics growing up, I was on to real books before middle school so I have no DC versus Marvel allegiance. If anything I would be a DC loyalist due to the Batman cartoon trumping XMen in quality. But Marvel has had an excellent track record. Every Marvel movie made by Marvel has been excellent and several of those made by other studios have been excellent (first two Spider-Man and all but the third XMen movies) to at least passable (Two new Spiderman movies, the last Hulk movie, last Wolverine movie). So Marvel by itself has a great track record and Marvel by other studios has a decent hit or miss record. But DC has been dreadful with only a couple of gems.

Plus like I said again...the trailer was pathetic. If you want to see great trailers look at the new Mad Max and Jurassic World trailers, those really make you want to see the movies even though I suspect they'll both be terrible. This makes me have no interest in seeing the movie.

Wow, if you're saying Man of Steel was as bad as Green Lantern, whoa. Maybe it's because I expected to dislike MOS and expected to like GL, but I had the exact opposite. I don't hate Green Lantern like I do Blind Date or Match Point but it's way worse than Man of Steel.

Yes depending on what you mean by dud. If you mean turn a profit...I'm sure there are going to a ton of DC nerds who will watch any old pile of dung thrown out there multiple times. Green Lantern was horrendous and cost $200 million but still slightly turned a profit at $219 million. The equally dreadful Man of Steel made an actually big profit at $650 mil off of $225 mil in costs. So I have no doubt it will make a mint by adding in Batfleck.

I'm just sure it will be terrible. The track record says the DC movies will be awful (I've only liked the first two NuBatman movies plus the original Batman and first two original Superman all others were dreadful. That's live action, I've seen a few other animated ones I liked) and I assumed that BEFORE seeing the trailer which looked awful.

I didn't read comics growing up, I was on to real books before middle school so I have no DC versus Marvel allegiance. If anything I would be a DC loyalist due to the Batman cartoon trumping XMen in quality. But Marvel has had an excellent track record. Every Marvel movie made by Marvel has been excellent and several of those made by other studios have been excellent (first two Spider-Man and all but the third XMen movies) to at least passable (Two new Spiderman movies, the last Hulk movie, last Wolverine movie). So Marvel by itself has a great track record and Marvel by other studios has a decent hit or miss record. But DC has been dreadful with only a couple of gems.

Plus like I said again...the trailer was pathetic. If you want to see great trailers look at the new Mad Max and Jurassic World trailers, those really make you want to see the movies even though I suspect they'll both be terrible. This makes me have no interest in seeing the movie.

Wow, you read real books before middle school. Impressive. I read comic books AND real books before middle school.

I rarely go to the theatre to watch movies anyway unless it's a rare matinee. So, this will be another Red Box rental in the future. The trailer looks ambiguous to me. I need to see more.

That battle and that suit looks exactly like the ending to "The Dark Knight Returns" animated version.

Agree that this really doesn't tell us that much, but it is awfully dark. Doesn't look like a fun movie. I hope I'm wrong since I am eagerly awaiting its long overdue arrival.

Yes depending on what you mean by dud. If you mean turn a profit...I'm sure there are going to a ton of DC nerds who will watch any old pile of dung thrown out there multiple times. Green Lantern was horrendous and cost $200 million but still slightly turned a profit at $219 million. The equally dreadful Man of Steel made an actually big profit at $650 mil off of $225 mil in costs.

I like the back story of MoS. I thought it got ridiculous with all of the CGI destruction of the city at the end.... I wouldn't say it was awful though.

Reactions: Bartdog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT