ADVERTISEMENT

Left lane cruiser gets what he deserves...

4K9Fe0Z.jpg

Struck a nerve I see. Carry on "fast lane" driver. BTW, Im not the one in your way, Im in the right lane.

All the pickup had to do was move over. The camaro was wrong, but, this could have been avoided by the pickup driver. Completely unnecessary. This guy is exactly the type that infuriates people.

Regardless, if the Camaro doesn't leave the road no wreck occurs in this instance. Once the Camaro gets but that truck and moves on to the next car that isn't driving the way he want's them to drive then another wreck may occur...

This is the thing people, you're not going to fix stupid drivers. No amount of rage is going to help. Just slow down and Arrive Alive...

You are all wrong. This accident had nothing to do with left lane drivers, it was all about road rage. When the camaro first tries to pass on right there was another car in front of the truck but the camaro tried to shove his nose in there anyway. That pissed the truck driver off. So he decided to punish the camaro driver by blocking him for a while. Camaro driver thought he would get even by cutting the truck off like he tried the first time, but either timed it wrong or expected the guy in the truck to hit his brakes. I lay this 70/30 on the camaro driver. Truck driver wasn't a left lane cruiser, he was just pissed.

Agree with this. There's a difference between left lane drivers and road rage. Both drivers made it personal, the blocking was deliberate. I've seen truck drivers do that before : wall up and block speeders.

That said, the Camaro is a bigger idiot in this case. Lucky no one died I'm this one.

So now we are quantifying the time you have to pass?? Ludicrous!!

I did not see him use his brakes and I have fully admitted he was being deliberately douchy by holding the Camero back.

But you are all completely excusing the Camero for following too closely, speeding and reckless driving for the sake of someone, who until recently, wasn't breaking a law.

**edit** I just watched the video again and the truck never used his brakes after he passes the first truck... he starts to pass the 2nd truck at :55 and the car causes the accident at 2:15... so for 1:20. That is ONE MINUTE TWENTY SECONDS... a drunk guy nearly causes a fatal accident. But its all the truck drivers fault????

I'll have to rewatch it again, but I saw, or thought I saw, a brief brake-light through the Camaro...........and I don't think anyone has said it's ALL the truck drivers fault, but him pacing and even slowing down at least once while next to the rig (and I for one hate driving beside those rigs as it is) took his culpability from 0% to 40+%.

And do agree with Belem, it is more Road Rage than Left Lane Drivers. I do hope they throw the book at the guy driving

• the Camaro
  1. DWI
  2. Causing the accident
  • the Truck
  1. Not staying right unless passing
  2. Initiating the accident

I'll have to rewatch it again, but I saw, or thought I saw, a brief brake-light through the Camaro...........and I don't think anyone has said it's ALL the truck drivers fault, but him pacing and even slowing down at least once while next to the rig (and I for one hate driving beside those rigs as it is) took his culpability from 0% to 40+%.

And do agree with Belem, it is more Road Rage than Left Lane Drivers. I do hope they throw the book at the guy driving

• the Camaro
  1. DWI
  2. Causing the accident
  • the Truck
  1. Not staying right unless passing
  2. Initiating the accident
This.

They are both at fault.

It is more the Camero's fault since he is the one that actually caused the collision, but the pickup driver isn't totally innocent either. He should have just let the camero pass the first time. He should get a stiff ticket and the camero driver a DUI and all the crap that goes along with one of those. I think the DUI penalties are too stiff for people that get them without actually causing an accident, but if you actually cause harm they should apply.

If you will notice there are a lot of people that slow down to pass a big rig. You will also notice that a lot of our northern visitors drive exclusively in the left lane and slower than the limit. I personally like to get by the big rigs as quickly as possible without exceeding the speed limit by too much and it irritates the heck out of me to have some idiot pass me like a bat out of hell & then slow down and creep by a big rig. As for our northern visitors it's because they drive in snow so much & the left lane isn't banked as steeply as the right one is. Lord help if three drops of rain falls on their windshield.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Both drivers demonstrated very poor judgement. But the final decision made by the Camaro driver boarders on insanity. He should have to prove he can control his anger problem before being let out on the road again.

The guy in the work truck is a jackoff whose bad decision is nothing more than an irritant. The Camaro's driver is a menace whose bad decision could've easily killed a number of people.

If I was apportioning blame, it would be about 1% to truck guy, 99% to Camaro guy.

Definitely Camaro is at fault but if I'm the semi truck driver I'm getting out and whipping both their asses before the cops get there.

Every driver in the video is full retard.

--Dude taking the video is riding in the left lane and got passed on the right. Proceeds to hang there while the retard fest in front of him takes place and decides to take a phone call during it.
--Camaro is obvious
--Truck is total douche nozzle and thinks he can play road Nazi. If someone wants to pass you... let them pass as soon as you can.
--Semi driver is also a retard. When you see this playing out, slow the Eff down and let the camaro pass on the right.

Every driver in the video is full retard.

--Dude taking the video is riding in the left lane and got passed on the right. Proceeds to hang there while the retard fest in front of him takes place and decides to take a phone call during it.
--Camaro is obvious
--Truck is total douche nozzle and thinks he can play road Nazi. If someone wants to pass you... let them pass as soon as you can.
--Semi driver is also a retard. When you see this playing out, slow the Eff down and let the camaro pass on the right.

This is actually the most complete answer, but I have a feeling the truck guy and the rig guy were exchanging thumbs up et al. all the while laughing right up till the moment when everything went to !@#$.

Nah, my cruise is in the upper seventies and I stay right unless passing.
That's my preference. A small minor annoyance for me is when approaching from behind a car and Semi both going 65, just before I can pass, the car pulls out and proceeds to pass the Semi at 67 mph. But it's perfectly legal and I don't classify that person as a LL driver. I just curse destiny ;)

What I hate is when 7 or 8 of us are stuck in the left lane waiting to get past this same guy and the Semi, and all of a sudden a rocket man shoots past all of us in the right lane going 80 to 85, then reaches the front and tries to cut in the way Camaro guy did. And the guy at the front must choose between slowing down even more to not be right in this tailpipe, or moving up and closing the gap. I've not done what truck guy did, but I have ever so slight gone faster to close a gap. I prefer a generous distance between the car in front, but I get annoyed if I've patiently waited my turn and somebody else acts too good for that and wants to race past us all of us and cut in. I've no problem with somebody wanting to go fast (so long as they do it safely). If it happens to be me in the left lane I usually get out of their way far before they reach me. But any kind of act of entitlement annoys me. I usually speed up to at least 80 to get past a truck but I'm not going to change if somebody is tailgating me and flashing. I'll still go at that speed and let the tailgater get past as soon as I can reach safe distance ahead of the truck.

Agree with this. There's a difference between left lane drivers and road rage. Both drivers made it personal, the blocking was deliberate. I've seen truck drivers do that before : wall up and block speeders.

That said, the Camaro is a bigger idiot in this case. Lucky no one died I'm this one.

In this case two idiots don't make a genius.

ADVERTISEMENT