List of jobs most likely to result in heavy drinking and/or drug use

NDallasRuss

Veteran Seminole Insider
Dec 5, 2002
Purcellville, VA
From a Washington Post article:

imrs.php

imrs.php

So, miners drink and bartenders do drugs. Seems about right.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...e-a-stiff-drink-when-the-day-is-done/?hpid=z5

I don't know, given what I have seen out of my coworkers and what I read about in Congress, there has to be a ton of drinking going on....

There are several books about the hey day of Goldman Sachs--especially in Asia, where the outgoing associate would leave the in coming associate the key to his desk and his drug dealers number and the same 20 year old kid would show up at Goldman's offices every Friday at 3.

There are several books about the hey day of Goldman Sachs--especially in Asia, where the outgoing associate would leave the in coming associate the key to his desk and his drug dealers number and the same 20 year old kid would show up at Goldman's offices every Friday at 3.
I should have been a Finance major...

You name the drug and I've hired somebody addicted to it back when I owned a construction business. I made good money but took some major years off of my life it seems. I had this one guy, I swear, took 10 Lortabs right in front of me with a Coke. He threw then in his mouth and chewed them up one at a time while talking to me like it was nothing, like freaking M and Ms. I'm like "what are you eating?" I'm pretty naive when it comes to drugs. I'm on the job and I keep finding these little pieces of burnt aluminum foil, damn crack fest while I'm at another job. I'm lucky one of then didn't kill me looking back on it. They all smoked cigarettes and drank to much, that was the easy part. I'm glad I got out before the meth epidemic got in full swing. Miners can't hold a paint crews jock.

ADVERTISEMENT