ADVERTISEMENT

List your "Man Card" violations here

JLORYFSU!

Freshman
Apr 6, 2002
I consider myself to be a man's man but do have a few things I do that could have my man card revoked. I used to be a big beer and liquor drinker but over the past 3-4 years I have pretty much switched to red wine almost exclusively. Still like a cold beer or two tailgating or in the Summer while being in the sun but other than that, it's merlot or cabernet for me.

I enjoy Broadway shows. I am entertained by the singing, dancing and story lines. Up to the age 30, I thought it was for chicks. I go often and usually love the shows. I have seen Wicked, Honeymoon in Vegas, Hairspray, Rock of Ages, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Pippen, Grease, Avenue Q, The Jersey Boys, and The Producers and loved all of them.

While mainly being a fan of rock and roll (70's and 80's mainly---Zeppelin, Skynrd, VH, Stones, etc,) I enjoy some lighter music such as Abba, The Bee Gees, Christopher Cross as well.

I will cry during a movie----usually if a dog dies.

What are some of yours?

I watch The Good Wife every week. I wear a pink rubber band bracelet that my daughter made for me. If I consume an occasional adult beverage, it's probably a Coors Lite. I bake my own chocolate chip cookies with my own personal recipe. I think Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls is a good song. And I am not sure what category this belongs to, but I enjoy watching my daughter perform with her cheer leading team... (no pics and my daughter is 14).

Sheesh-- Broadway plays or any plays for that matter is considered a violation?

I like a lot of pop music and have since the 80's (see my "We are the World" thread)

Oh and I loved watching the FSU ladies team win the soccer title last year (see my signature)....Is that a violation?

I enjoy a frappucinno; love going to Disney World with my daughters(even the princess stuff); and really like margaritas( especially on the rocks)

I went and saw Pitch Perfect 2 last night.
This. By Choice. Laughed my butt off.

Still planning on hitting up Glory Road with the guys if I can drag them out. If not I'll go see it by myself.

I go to a lot of Broadway shows. Watch American Idol and The Voice. I've taken my wife to see Lady gaga, Cher 3 times, Bette Midler, Rod Stewart countless times. I ask her to do a lot with me because of my job so anything she likes I try to at least pretend to enjoy. I hold the line at shopping, I cannot walk through stores looking for something to buy, I can't do it.

I go to a lot of Broadway shows. Watch American Idol and The Voice. I've taken my wife to see Lady gaga, Cher 3 times, Bette Midler, Rod Stewart countless times. I ask her to do a lot with me because of my job so anything she likes I try to at least pretend to enjoy. I hold the line at shopping, I cannot walk through stores looking for something to buy, I can't do it.

Ah yes...I like to decorate, even though I suck at it.

I drive an 2002 Toyota minivan sometimes. It runs good and its paid for. Several dents, busted mirror on right door, torn leather seat, missing door handle......

I like "Gone with the Wind." I like the song "Alone" by Heart. I watch "House Hunters" and "Property Brothers" regularly.

Saw beauty and the beast at the Dr Phillips center in Orlando the other night and enjoyed it

I also cried during the last toy story movie

I too like Broadway musicals.

I also like going to see the operas that a local company performs. Especially when they have the English translations if sung in Italian. As a side note there are several FSU graduates who perform with this company.

I also enjoy some of the Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel.

I sit when I pee 85% of the time at home.

But the other time I'm standing up it's in the yard.

So I consider that a push?

It's much more hygienic to sit and pee v. standing and there's nothing wrong with that if you're a man.
Needs to be permanently removed from the man side and deposited directly in the unisex category.

I drive an 2002 Toyota minivan sometimes. It runs good and its paid for. Several dents, busted mirror on right door, torn leather seat, missing door handle......
I roll in a 2002 Sienna minivan often as well.

I don't like getting dirty. I once finished one of those mud runs spot-free from the waist up.

I own a crapload of shoes. 11-12 pairs of athletic shoes alone.

Love to cook.....watch shows like Chopped...Diners..Drive Ins..and Dives and Man vs Food on Food Network and Travel Channel...and really enjoy Love It or List It..Property Brothers and Flip or Flop on HGTV....watch those 2 channels way more than ESPN outside football season

Oh yeah, I forgot one.....I despise going to Lowes and Home Depot and hate working on the home, engines, etc.

We go plays at theatres occasionally, comedies.
I will drink margaritas, once in a blue moon wine and or wine cooler.

Often give spouse a sports tv break by watching those real estate shows. Beach life property, island or lake front etc.
I don't like the bridal dress shows she watches, but won't make or ask her to change it. I'll piddle on laptop or phone
I love jazz music, along with classic rock.
Nothing major that I can think of.

It's much more hygienic to sit and pee v. standing and there's nothing wrong with that if you're a man.
Needs to be permanently removed from the man side and deposited directly in the unisex category.
You come to this topic with knowledge of having to do both don't you?

I let a couple of the guys on here blow me from time to time.

You know, we haven't seen pattynole in a while....

As for this thread: When I am in Vegas I have to see a show, preferably Cirque. Also there is nothing wrong with a show on Broadway, Wicked was some of the best money I have ever spent. For some reason I can't turn off Million Dollar listings NY, I find it fascinating that people will spend that kind of money for a freaking place to sleep. Oh and the crying during the last Toy Story that someone previously posted, yep I did that too.

Go to youtube and watch the vid of Miley and Arianna Grande dressed as furries while singing a Crowded House cover.

/thread

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT