ADVERTISEMENT

Live updates: FSU vs. Oklahoma State in WCWS (G1 on Thurs)

My hot softball take: Montana Fouts is an extremely good pitcher who I think is a bit overhyped in terms of how good she is.
She's been a fixture for five years. I can understand her emotional reaction given the realization that her collegiate career has come to an end.

She's been a fixture for five years. I can understand her emotional reaction given the realization that her collegiate career has come to an end.
It’s not about her reaction at all. Totally understandable to be emotional about her career coming to an end. I just don’t think she’s an all-time pitcher like it seems some make her out to be.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Oklahoma State avenging some demons for what FSU did to them last night. Up 8-0 over Utah in the fourth inning.

Oklahoma State avenging some demons for what FSU did to them last night. Up 8-0 over Utah in the fourth inning.
Gotta feel a little bad for Utah...They get to their first WS in nearly three decades and something beyond their control (the weather) leads to them going 2-n-Q in one day.

It’s not about her reaction at all. Totally understandable to be emotional about her career coming to an end. I just don’t think she’s an all-time pitcher like it seems some make her out to be.
lol...cmon Curt! Her career stats are just about the exact same as Kat's! I think her ERA is like 1.65 and Kat's is 1.45. Her opponents are actually hitting for a lower batting average than Kat's.

I think Kat is the better pitcher, but not by much. They are both all-time pitchers by any standard.

Fouts finished her career pitching with a hyper-extended knee. The fact that she pitched at all is quite amazing.

My hot softball take: Montana Fouts is an extremely good pitcher who I think is a bit overhyped in terms of how good she is.
I don't have an issue with her reaction at the end of the game. My issue was with the announcing crew's constant reference to her injury like she was out there pitching after an amputation.

I don't have an issue with her reaction at the end of the game. My issue was with the announcing crew's constant reference to her injury like she was out there pitching after an amputation.
I understand that. It's not like when Blair Varnes went seven on a torn ACL against Miami in the championship game in Omaha in '99 after FSU ran out of pitchers.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Ladies played with straight fire!
Glad I stayed awake to watch it.
Crooked fire can be hot. And thanks for sharing your nocturnal activities. :)
From all your friends at Chicago Fire House #51!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT