ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Weekend Plans

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
Anyone got plans to kick off summer. I'm take my little girl to see her grandpa in Bakersfield. Flying solo because the wife is going to hang with her best friend who just lost her father. Bako is...well, a sh&t hole but it's important for my daughter to see her grandpa. I'm sure some pool time will be enjoyed and I'll get to enjoy that lovely cut of beef known as a tri-tip.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Leaving early Friday to head out to Biloxi to see the Weird Al show at the Hard Rock then camping in Ocean Springs in the Davis Bayou.

Saturday, getting up to go fishing in the Bayou. Then cooking on the campfire for an earlyish lunch (hopefully fish we catch if not then margherita pizza we're going to grill up along with some pineapple upside down cake). Around noon we're going to Lazy Magnolia for a beer tasting and then Abita at 2. Grab an early dinner in New Orleans and catch some of the early shows on Frenchmen.

Sunday looks like it might be rain so we'll play it by ear and either spend more time in NOLA and/or Miss Coast and work our way back to Tally.

Memorial Day I'm going to do some woodworking projects at the house (I'm refurbing an antique teak desk) and grilling some hamburgers.

Leaving early Friday to head out to Biloxi to see the Weird Al show at the Hard Rock then camping in Ocean Springs in the Davis Bayou.

Saturday, getting up to go fishing in the Bayou. Then cooking on the campfire for an earlyish lunch (hopefully fish we catch if not then margherita pizza we're going to grill up along with some pineapple upside down cake). Around noon we're going to Lazy Magnolia for a beer tasting and then Abita at 2. Grab an early dinner in New Orleans and catch some of the early shows on Frenchmen.

Sunday looks like it might be rain so we'll play it by ear and either spend more time in NOLA and/or Miss Coast and work our way back to Tally.

Memorial Day I'm going to do some woodworking projects at the house (I'm refurbing an antique teak desk) and grilling some hamburgers.

Sounds legit!

Weird Al
Camping
Fishing
Nola
Projects at the house

Not bad.

Well you'll see if I catch anything. If I don't post pictures then you know I've had a pizza lunch.

Reactions: DanC78
1. Going to dinner on Friday night to celebrate my Mom's birthday.
2. If it doesn't rain on Saturday, I'm supposed to go to a pool party that day.
3. Watch sports including the first place Astros and game 3 / game 4 of the Rockets-Warriors series
4. Starting to line up stuff since I bought a new townhome and sold my condo last week. June's going to be busy with getting ready to move after I close on 6/30.

We'll be sitting next to Mr. B and his fighter pilot Dad in Turn 1 at the Indy 500.

Probably be there monday too...(rain).

Traveling for work this week, wont be home until late Friday night. Saturday BBQing on the dock while wake boarding and skiing, Sat night Fried Chicken Dinner for my FIL for an early Fathers Day. Sunday I'm hosting a going away party for a friend who is moving to Dubai, Monday boat cruising on the river, easy relaxing day if the weather permits.

Leaving for Chicago for a wedding tomorrow and staying until Sunday.

I'll be playing in a golf tournament Saturday and Sunday and looking forward to it. Probably grill Monday.

My birthday is Sunday so doing some stuff with wife and kid. Monday getting the new baby's room ready. So yea no big plans. Ringing in 32nd birthday with style lol

We'll be sitting next to Mr. B and his fighter pilot Dad in Turn 1 at the Indy 500.

Probably be there monday too...(rain).

A bucket list item for me, Gary.

As for my plans, looks like work on Sunday (maybe) and work on Monday (definitely).

This is the first time I have been off for any holiday since the 80's with maybe an exception or 2. (due to motorcycle wreck 8 weeks ago) My better half is off, I'm getting better to where I can get out n about, so maybe a camping weekend trip somewhere if I can find a spot. If she does not work Saturday offset using her PO time.

We have no serious plans this weekend and that is alright with me. We have been to PC (twice for me), Tampa, Key West and my wife was in Atlanta, all over the past month. So maybe just the pool, some beers and grilling.

Taking tomorrow off and hanging out with my daughter for the day. Other than that, we don't really have anything planned. Might throw some burgers on the grill and go to the pool.

We're spending the weekend at the Homosassa River. Fish a little, hang out with friends a lot & drink more than I should.

Pressure washing and sealing the driveway/walk, delivering American flags for Memorial Day. May get some grilling in.

My daughter graduates high school Friday night. Family BBQ on Saturday and a party Sunday night at a local restaurant where 9 graduates work. Hopefully Monday will be for relaxing and maybe a day-buzz.

Heading to the beach club tomorrow. Gonna spend the weekend there. Lots of sun and fun.

Coaching my U9 girls in the Warrior Soccer Classic in Ohio, 3 days of tournament games. Grilling out and remembering those that sacrificed their life, defending the USA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT