ADVERTISEMENT

Migrants?

littleitch1

Seminole Insider
Nov 26, 2008
Please don’t make this political, it is not meant to be

Just need a point of clarification

It seems that the title “ migrant”, is used to describe folks who come across the southern border, especially brown or Latino people

When I was growing up Ft. Lauderdale and surrounding areas were bean fields, tomato fields and other various row crops

Migrant workers came from the West Indies, Jamaica, Mexico etc, to pick or harvest the crops

They would obtain work permits and travel the seasonal harvests around the country

My question is why do they now call non pickers migrants ?

I have a ton of respect form farm workers especially after seeing the movie “ McFarland “, and seeing inside what “pickers” go thru

Terrific eye opening movie!

I just watched another migrant movie about a farm worker becoming an astronaut, great movie!

So isn’t it demeaning to the actual hard working migrant farm worker to just automatically call every non farm worker who is brown, and crosses the border a migrant?

I think so, those actual farm workers work their asses off so I can have produce to eat! They provide an invaluable service and should be recognized for it!

• Love
Reactions: bcherod
Please don’t make this political, it is not meant to be

Just need a point of clarification

It seems that the title “ migrant”, is used to describe folks who come across the southern border, especially brown or Latino people

When I was growing up Ft. Lauderdale and surrounding areas were bean fields, tomato fields and other various row crops

Migrant workers came from the West Indies, Jamaica, Mexico etc, to pick or harvest the crops

They would obtain work permits and travel the seasonal harvests around the country

My question is why do they now call non pickers migrants ?

I have a ton of respect form farm workers especially after seeing the movie “ McFarland “, and seeing inside what “pickers” go thru

Terrific eye opening movie!

I just watched another migrant movie about a farm worker becoming an astronaut, great movie!

So isn’t it demeaning to the actual hard working migrant farm worker to just automatically call every non farm worker who is brown, and crosses the border a migrant?

I think so, those actual farm workers work their asses off so I can have produce to eat! They provide an invaluable service and should be recognized for it!
Illegal alien maybe? That could distinguish the hard working migrants that are here legally to work from the others. Soon enough hopefully the border will close to everyone but those legally crossing.

Illegal alien maybe? That could distinguish the hard working migrants that are here legally to work from the others. Soon enough hopefully the border will close to everyone but those legally crossing.

The thing that worries me most is how many military aged males have flooded the border.. of the hundreds and hundreds of thousands who are now in our county, aren’t we worried? Or do we think they are all on the up n up?

The thing that worries me most is how many military aged males have flooded the border.. of the hundreds and hundreds of thousands who are now in our county, aren’t we worried? Or do we think they are all on the up n up?
Were too worried about statues, potato heads, pronouns and what to call a kid that doesnt know where his wiener is.

Something like 26,000+ Chinese. You don't just leave China without permission.
Did we get them on welfare and the free phone list? We need them to be able to communicate with their handlers.

Something like 26,000+ Chinese. You don't just leave China without permission.
Not true. There are ways out through Hong Kong, Vietnam , Thailand, Macao, Taiwan, Laos.

I’m sure that many are aware that even as an American, one can get an Irish passport if one has an Irish grandparent. It is true for other countries as well.

I happen to have a lot of friends from Asia as well as Central and South America. I’ve lived in both places.

Research and Education are your friends.

Not true. There are ways out through Hong Kong, Vietnam , Thailand, Macao, Taiwan, Laos.

I’m sure that many are aware that even as an American, one can get an Irish passport if one has an Irish grandparent. It is true for other countries as well.

I happen to have a lot of friends from Asia as well as Central and South America. I’ve lived in both places.

Asia and China are slightly different things especially when it comes to immigration both in and out of the country.

Which Asian countries have you lived in? Ive spent time (6 months or more) in Japan, Korea, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. Visited Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and China.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT