ADVERTISEMENT

My brother is in surgery for appendix

jamnolfin

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Panama City Beach, Florida
He is here at the beach on vacation when it happened, we were out late last night and he said he wasn't feeling good. I just thought it was the bourbon and cigars talking. It's weird it was 8 years ago today mine ruptured. We had a PC club party with the new AD Jimbo Fisher the day i was released from hospital. I had been in the hospital for 2 overnight stays since my fever was 106 at one point. I got out of the hospital at 5pm and Jimbo would be at the party at 6, of course I went straight to the party against doctors wishes. I had a tube running out of my belly sucking up the crap from the rupture, running a 102 fever at that point. I wasn't going to miss meeting Jimbo for anything. After the meeting I thought to myself, this is the guy, I never ever have doubted it either. I walked up to him and introduced myself, he said i know who you are Jam. I was blown away, this guy had been following FSU while at another school. A little memory lane while sitting here in the ER.

Reactions: Bartdog
He is here at the beach on vacation when it happened, we were out late last night and he said he wasn't feeling good. I just thought it was the bourbon and cigars talking. It's weird it was 8 years ago today mine ruptured. We had a PC club party with the new AD Jimbo Fisher the day i was released from hospital. I had been in the hospital for 2 overnight stays since my fever was 106 at one point. I got out of the hospital at 5pm and Jimbo would be at the party at 6, of course I went straight to the party against doctors wishes. I had a tube running out of my belly sucking up the crap from the rupture, running a 102 fever at that point. I wasn't going to miss meeting Jimbo for anything. After the meeting I thought to myself, this is the guy, I never ever have doubted it either. I walked up to him and introduced myself, he said i know who you are Jam. I was blown away, this guy had been following FSU while at another school. A little memory lane while sitting here in the ER.

Hate to hear it. Best wishes to your brother for a quick recovery.

Jam should write for 'inside the gators'. The only show I know that would try to positive spin a loss to Georgia Southern.

Reactions: Nole1217
You guys shoulda been here for 9/11. Jam turned it into a story about the time he flew to the MNC game at the Sugar Bowl.

So you're brother is having surgery and you make it about you meeting Jimbo Fisher 8 years ago and don't even ask for Ts&Ps for your bro??

...probably drives a golf cart to and from the stadium on game days...

Nah, just bored and had me thinking about how eerie it was it was the exact same day. I always remember year because of Jimbo. Anyway it's not ruptured or perforated and he should be good to go. He's in recovery now. It's crazy where medicine has gone. One of my best friends had the surgery when we were 16 and has a huge 18 inch scar and was in hospital for 3 days, my brother is going home tonight.

Nah, just bored and had me thinking about how eerie it was it was the exact same day. I always remember year because of Jimbo. Anyway it's not ruptured or perforated and he should be good to go. He's in recovery now. It's crazy where medicine has gone. One of my best friends had the surgery when we were 16 and has a huge 18 inch scar and was in hospital for 3 days, my brother is going home tonight.

Definitely been improvements in medicine, obviously. But much of this has to do with insurance and hospitals' perception that they are minimizing their liability by getting people off of their property ASAP. But, in any event, Bro will be better at home than in the disruptive and unsanitary environment of a hospital. Best wishes to him.

Nah, just bored and had me thinking about how eerie it was it was the exact same day that I was tossed out a van full of school kids. I met Leon Sandcastle on my way to meet Bobby in the Moore. Coach was asking me for tidbits and I had a few up my sleeve. Anyway Deon stopped me and asked what time it was and I said it's Primetime, he smiled and said I'm gonna keep that. Finally got to Bobby's office and told him about a little fake punt trick I invented in 3rd grade recess. When he used it in the game he looked at me on the jumbotron and winked. I always remember that year because Jimbo was still in college and I showed him how to cutoff his tank top at the belly and grow his hair a little longer in the back. My legs were amputated just the day before from the summer bible school bus accident, so when Burt was rolling me around in the wheelchair, he had a winston dangling out his mouth and I had a pouch in my lip, I said heck we're Smoky and the Bandit, he smiled and said that gave him an idea for a movie. I was the only survivor in the accident but I wasnt missing that practice for nothin.

Reactions: AUCE Nole
this appears to be more about meeting Jimbo than an appendicitis. Mods, please move to the TC.

Sign up for your season tickets before Jam's BIL leaves the hospital and you'll get a free autographed picture of Jam and Jimbo's first meeting.

Sign up for your season tickets before Jam's BIL leaves the hospital and you'll get a free autographed picture of Jam and Jimbo's first meeting.

If you sign up now, you get a free app that inserts Jam into any photo with his arm around you.

I couldn't resist, you do good work for the cause.

Reactions: Bartdog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT