ADVERTISEMENT

New bands in town - Tallahassee

Bands do covers because that pays the bills, but there are so many other good songs, like Soul Sacrifice that is never used as a cover.

But we have a couple of really cool things going on in Tallahassee. The Jazz students do a set of covers of particular jazz artists, then they jam and do some far out stuff.

The same things happen with the blues bands and blue grass.

I have a number of friends that do "Americana" with a lot of originals. One of my favorites in Tallahassee is Finn and the Kingsnakes. They do a lot of covers and do them well. They do a great job of reggae.

In the old days, way before your time, Brian, singing all the protest songs of the '60's and '70's was considered a cover. Everyone played "The times are a changin'" , Dylan song.

We have people in town that have recorded a lot and have performed in NOLA, NYC and Nashville.

Dan Owens, Mae West Band is right here.

That's just to name a little bit of the stuff.

You're just a young un.

Thanks. I'm halfway to eternity.

I'm a huge classic rock fan. Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Pink Floyd and the Doors.

A few years ago, I wrote Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones letters saying my only dream in life is to see them live front row in Heaven and I included 5 Jesus prayer cards in each letter.

God only knows if they got them. ;)

I'd be happy hanging out with Janis Joplin, Tom Petty, George Harrison, Roy Orbison......

And drifting over to hear classical and visit the poets.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Looking forward to fall and seeing some of these bands maybe.
The groups who are booked for Friday nights in Collegetown all sound the same after a while.
Looking forward to the fall as well.... I'm watching Lawrence Welk, Perry Como and Tom Jones (Its not unusual) reruns now and getting all worked up. Wish I could see Bobby dance just one more time and watch the accordian guy play with the Don Ho Tiny bubbles sprouting about...... :) That is all.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT