ADVERTISEMENT

New FUTBOL thread (old one is broken)

At least I'll have something to watch when I head back up to the hospital!

On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, twelve Cristiano Ronaldos,.......

I didn't realize that Bayern has been to 10 CL finals, and was kind of surprised that Arsenal has only been to 1 final.

They might be the favorite right now if they didn't bow out, Arse is on fire.

To the Arsenal guys here, I have to apologize for this, but I just had to share: How can a team like Manchester City be in 4th place in the EPL?.........That's what happens when you keep signing Arsenal players!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Manch.:
I didn't realize that Bayern has been to 10 CL finals, and was kind of surprised that Arsenal has only been to 1 final.

They might be the favorite right now if they didn't bow out, Arse is on fire.

To the Arsenal guys here, I have to apologize for this, but I just had to share: How can a team like Manchester City be in 4th place in the EPL?.........That's what happens when you keep signing Arsenal players!
3dgrin.r191677.gif
The mid 1970's Bayern teams had Breitner, Beckenbauer, Rummenigge, Maier, Hoeness, etc. Back to Back to Back CL trophies with those teams. Arsenal's form would not hold up in CL...just my $0.02. Winning vs the mid tier in the Prem is not the same proposition as the last 8 of the CL. I saw the 4th place joke on Twitter the other day...pretty funny stuff. $$$ and Stars do NOT always lend to a great Team as I am sure you are aware. Bayern have the likes of Robben, Ribery, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Benatia all out at the moment yet they have changed things up a bit tactically and really came together as a team. Each player fights for the next and so on. As a for instance, I don't see this at Real when watching Cristiano's reaction to another player scoring a goal.

What a difference Ashley Young and Fellaini have been this year.

LVG said it would take some time to get things going, just as they did when he was is charge at Ajax, Barca and Bayern, and the defense has been solid for most of the year and now the midfield is playing great and they are scoring goals.

I would have been happy with 4th place a few weeks back when United still had to face the Bar Codes away, the Spurs at home, Liverpool on the road, a much improved Aston Villa under Tim Sherwood and of course today's Derby. United taking the maximum 15 points was pretty much unthinkable to me about a month ago.

If United and Arse continue to play at this current form, then May 17th is lining up to be one great match to watch, and possibly is going to decide 2nd place. United has 6 games left, 4 of them on the road including back to back road matches coming up with Chelsea and Everton (who has shown better form but still is still only 3W-3L-2D in their last 8).

City has 4 home games left, but travels to the Spurs and Swansea, and finish up at home against So'ton.

Arse still has the FA Cup and 4 home games, including Chelsea (one of the few times that I will ever root for Chelsea) and Swansea, and a trip to Old Trafford.

Chelsea has just about wrapped the title up now.

Did I see this stat correct? Man City has not won an EPL match since 1995 when losing at halftime? If I read that correctly, that has to be one of the most incredible things that I have read in a long time. Just in the 2011 and 2012 seasons, I think United was losing at half just about every other match.
Re: LVG, I would say this....the 2 best days when your club signs him on as coach are the day he signs and the day he gets sacked! He is a polarizing guy to put it mildly. Strange bird as well if you read up on him. LOL

Also different if Atletico nick one late with a few chances in the final 10 min. They won't do it but Carvajal should be red carded post match by UEFA for his bitch play punching Mandzukic. The return leg will be chippy to say the least. Real will get some home cooking refereeing again then I assume.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I saw earlier that Jurgen Klopp has announced he will be resigning at Dortmund at the end of the season. I wonder where he will end up next season, if anywhere at all. A lot of Arsenal fans want him to replace Wenger, but I don't see it happening after this season now that Arsenal have moved up the Table into the #2 spot currently, and barring a total meltdown will be in CL again next year.

Good guess on man city.

Does Brendan Rodgers get fired?

Real better score early next week or I'm not sure one tactic ancelotti can break them down. I'd start Jesé and Isco and bench benzema and bale but I know he'll never do that.

A red in return leg could decide it for either team. Disappointed Ramos and carvajsl started to play dirty like Atletico, they're the best in the world at it, real is not.

Originally posted by kooterridesagain:
Good guess on man city.

Does Brendan Rodgers get fired?

Real better score early next week or I'm not sure one tactic ancelotti can break them down. I'd start Jesé and Isco and bench benzema and bale but I know he'll never do that.

A red in return leg could decide it for either team. Disappointed Ramos and carvajsl started to play dirty like Atletico, they're the best in the world at it, real is not.

I will be the first to admit that I do not watch much La Liga but in the El Clasicos that I have watched Real Madrid are fully capable of playing chippy, dirty football. I'd guess we will see a sending off in the return leg. Like I said, Carvajal should already be banned matches at least but UEFA doesn't have it in them to suspend him for punching Mandzukic yesterday.

Atletico scraps with every team in la liga, it's who they are 60 games a season. They want to muck up the game and force ref to be the story each week. They're marvelous at it.

Real and Barcelona only do it vs each other in Classico generally speaking. Both would rather play football on most days against most teams.
Pepe and Ramos are the susceptible ones usually totally out of character for Carvajal though many players said Mandzukic insulted everyone on the field by halftime. He was insane with rage before that

Watching Suarez yesterday and it just reinforces my opinion that he is probably the player missed the most by his previous team, perhaps the most missed player by a team since I really started following across the pond footie 25+ years ago. The Reds would be a top 3 EPL team, hands down if they had kept him, and IMO, there is no doubt that he forced Liverpool's hand in transferring him out, but now I think, did Liverpool get enough in return? His 2nd goal was brilliant!

Now, what the heck happened in Porto yesterday, as I have not seen any highlights at all. I see that Neuer created a PK, was it red card worthy, was it a necessary play or should he have just held off seeing that it was early in the game? I am searching for highlights right now but can only find the actual PK and not the penalty itself. Tim can answer better than anyone, and it appears that Bayern controlled a lot of the game, except in the scoring column, but this was not a typical Bayern performance, so what happened out there? Also, I agree, that Bayern is more than capable of quickly jumping ahead 2-0 at the AA, but as we grow closer to the CL finals, games like this could kill off Bayern, as Barca are less likely to drop a game 2-0, anywhere, and if it's a one and done game like the finals, it's a good thing (if they comeback) that Bayern got this game out of their system.

Real, Real, Real! WTF? You have arguably the best player on the planet and you should not be losing nil-nil games anywhere (yes, I consider a 0-0 game at Atlético a loss for Real), and you have the most expensive player on the planet and this is as unacceptable as unacceptable gets. I do not want to ever see gareth Bale in a Manchester United kit, and I would overpay for Falcao than pay anything for Bale. At least Bale helped win that coveted 10th CL!

I do not desire to see Jürgen Klopp at City or Liverpool, period. Wenger is going anywhere, he is like Claude Julien of the Bruins, doing just enough where upper management can't press the depart button yet. A 2nd place finish and back to back FA Cups trophies is more than enough to keep him at the Emirates.

The same might be said about Brendan Rodgers, especially if he can win the FA Cup. Rodgers has struggled with top 5 competition in the EPL and in the Champions League and the Europa. I am ignorant on who has control over player personal at Liverpool, and if it's Rodgers, he should be gone. The incoming transfers, other than Coutinho, have not worked out. Now I see that they will make a push for Oscar (and will overpay for him) and they might already have a deal in place for Falcoa. If Falcoa is only going to cost 25 million pounds, I would like to see United try to keep him another year on loan to see what a healthy Falcoa can do, as I do not think that he is fully recovered and fully fit from his 2014 injuries. I think Monaco was asking United for the original outrageous transfer fee, but Monaco is not going to see anything close to that seeing that he has not played well.

As it gets closer to May, 2015 kits should be nearing half price right about now, and I am sure MUFC Nike gear should be dropping dramatically as Adidias puts their trefoil on United's gear soon!

Cliff.jpg

And in my best Cliff Clavin voice, "little known fact, that Adidas, a German based company, used Jesse Owens as one of the original athletes to wear Adidas gear at the 1936 Olympic games in Berlin.....ooooh, the irony".

re: Porto, wasn't red card worthy as Xabi Alonzo had got behind Neuer so not last man back and the ball was pushed way wide to try to round Neuer. Porto played a typical "small team" game vs Bayern (based on the highlights I saw) in that they pressed the CDs and just attacked on the counter. They used their speed very well though as at times it looked like Bayern's players were stuck in quicksand (not that they are the quickest to begin with esp. at the back).

This may sound funny, but If Neuer had got a red it may have helped Bayern yesterday. I think they would've been more conservative going forward and played it close to the vest hoping to pip one or just go back home down 1-0 rather than the 3-1 it ended up being.

2-0 definitely possible, but Bayern's got a lot of injuries (I'm sure WarriorTim can let us know more in depth) and not sure how many/if any will be back for Tuesday's return fixture. Porto has also given up the least goals in the UCL this year (tied with Monoco) at 5 through 9 games. Bayern had also only given up 4 going into the fixture, so the fact that they gave up 3 was a surprise.

As an aside, Monaco got jobbed in the 1st leg vs Juve as it looked like the foul was just outside the box and should not have been a penalty. That being said, maybe Pirlo bends one in from there and it's still 1-0. Wonder if Pogba will be back for the next leg?

Manch,
there's reason Atletico keeps shutting out Madrid under ancelotti, when they've previously owned their rivals until he arrived. Cr7 is blanketed by the 5 man midfield and their dmids don't chase the ball on the wings when he has it they pack the box and usually double Ronaldo and the other lone striker on headers. He had I think it was 3 total touches inside the box with his feet and no real scoring chance. Atletico basically says anyone but Ronsldo beat us in the box and through 7 games no one has. Bale and even benzema are playing horribly the last month, and bale has the worst lowlights of any player this season. He's honestly missed or made the wrong decision on about two dozen breakaways this year. The more he has to think the more likely he'll muck it up. He's just his own worst enemy.

Ancelotti is criminally stubborn, just stick two forwards up top on the centers and try something new!
He won't so I expect more of the same at home but the lesser Madrid players like bale and Kroos and modric often play better at home so maybe one will score a first half goal and put Atletico on heels. If it is scoreless for long the home crowd will turn on its own as is customary at Real.

Fascinated to see Munich at home that place is tough to win, is warrior going to that game? Could be an epic comeback

One more thing, Sergio Ramos. 3 horrible gaffes in that game which he and Pepe have grown famous for. More examples of center back with minimal foot skill trying to do too much out of the back. Varane is a freak.

Suarez embarrassed another overpaid cb Luiz on both goals, he's playing great. Makes Barcelona scary he's really physical when he's not diving or biting opponents.

There's a minute left, and even if United ties it, this should be it for Chelsea. Congrats to Rishi and the other Chelsea fans here (NoleLizards?). Chelsea still has @ Arse and home for Liverpool, but still should get the 9 points needed with games against @Arse, @Leicester, (H)Palace, (H)Liverpool, @West Brom and (H)Sunderland, and they don't have any Cup matches left.

Now the battle for 3rd gets even tighter and Liverpool and Southampton still have hope for a top 4.

The race for 2-6 is going to be fun!

It's over now, Chelsea 1-0 Man United.

Bleh, was hoping for that call but the ref played it right. Herrera would have gotten the call in the NBA, but kudos to Mike Dean.

Was glad to see Falcao get the start over Van Persie as VP as not seen the pitch since February, and Carrick not being out there hurt as he controls the mid and Rooney doesn't have to drop back. I think Mourinho played the right strategy today

Glad to see Fox national covering the FA Cup!

There's a minute left, and even if United ties it, this should be it for Chelsea. Congrats to Rishi and the other Chelsea fans here (NoleLizards?). Chelsea still has @ Arse and home for Liverpool, but still should get the 9 points needed with games against @Arse, @Leicester, (H)Palace, (H)Liverpool, @West Brom and (H)Sunderland, and they don't have any Cup matches left.

Now the battle for 3rd gets even tighter and Liverpool and Southampton still have hope for a top 4.

The race for 2-6 is going to be fun!

It's over now, Chelsea 1-0 Man United.

Bleh, was hoping for that call but the ref played it right. Herrera would have gotten the call in the NBA, but kudos to Mike Dean.

Was glad to see Falcao get the start over Van Persie as VP as not seen the pitch since February, and Carrick not being out there hurt as he controls the mid and Rooney doesn't have to drop back. I think Mourinho played the right strategy today

Glad to see Fox national covering the FA Cup!
Textbook win for my Blues...Not pretty, but incredibly, we've still never lost a Premier League match at home during either of Mourinho's managerial stints! United & Arsenal should both receive credit for playing the best football here toward the end of the season, but to the victors go the spoils.

Congrats to the Chelsea fans. Title is officially yours now.

The Goons squeaked by Reading today. Man was that a tense 2nd half. Had to go to extra-time to win it, and got lucky on a keeper error.

On to the FA Cup Final!!

Just watched it on DVR as I had to do some things earlier today. Damn, we played them off the pitch at the Bridge where we typically play poorly... but couldn't get a result. Despite the loss, this game makes me feel
Good about where we are and what LVG has done for us, most notably, player development this season.

Missing Carrick was critical today. Manch, 3-4 years ago would you have believed that Carrick would be so solid and critical for us?? He had a pretty rough couple of seasons then and was getting blasted all over the United boards.

Can't bring myself to congratulate Chelsea but I will say congrats to the members in here that support them.

Hoping we finish strong and qualify for the CL!

having possession doesn't mean outplaying. Just as Mou said in the post-game presser, Chelsea played a perfect game. Other than the Rooney chance in the 3-4 mins in, United did nothing in the first half. Once we made a subtle adjustment of having both Cesc and Oscar shade to the right (United's left), that flank was no longer open. Happy's presence nullified Fellaini completely (was he even out there other than to waste crosses?). I'm not sure Happy lost a single aerial dual all match.

Yes, Chelsea played a bit conservative, but a win was a bonus, not a must. Why leave the back open for United to attack (cough, cough, City, cough, cough) when we can play with solidity and counter to create chances. In the last 15ish mins of the 1st half the game was all Chelsea and de Gea could easily have been sent off for handling outside the area. Once the left flank (Chelsea's right) was closed off, IMO, United looked like they didn't know how to attack. United really missed Carrick's calming presence out there. Herrera was far too concerned with his defensive responsibilities to control the offense also (if he continues to play the last man back in midfield he'll improve on that facet and could become a Luka Modric type DLP). Carrick (usually) makes the right reads to get the offense started. Herrera was a bit sloppy when he tried to get the ball moving today and almost got punished a couple of times.

Dave was the MOTM to me, he completely stuffed Mata and Januzaj. Matic was the boss of midfield (again after a dip in form the last 6 weeks or so). Ivanovic not bombing down the right side helped him neutralize Young. Rooney looked uncomfortable making runs for fear of leaving space for Chelsea to attack in the middle. I'm surprised that Rooney still played so deep in the last 10 mins or so, I thought they'd have pushed him further up the pitch to try to isolate the 2 CDs. Cahill played his best match of the calendar year, and other than the one time when Falcao got behind Zouma, Cahill and Zouma seemed to have a great understanding today and essentially nothing was available on their area.

Magic number of 9 (any combo of Chelsea points gained and Arsenal points lost) with 6 to go. Hoping for the Honour Guard/Champions Pass come May 3rd on our return to Stamford Bridge.

Kudos to the Chavs and their supporters; they no more, and no less, than they have to do, game after game, and the results speak for themselves. I personally would hate to see my team play such dull, lifeless footie, but it works for them, and Jose is the perfect manager for the style--he doesn't give a rat's patootie what any, including his own fans, say about it. Just win, baby!

I hope The Arsenal can somehow squeeze out a win next week at home, not in hopes of catching Chelsea (that ain't happening) but to give us some space between us and United/City. Of course, that assumes our best effort is forthcoming; anything less and Jose will run it up on us (again).

Originally posted by NoleLizards:

we've still never lost a Premier League match at home during either of Mourinho's managerial stints!
Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland, April 19, 2014

Sorry, but to the victors go the spoils!
blush.r191677.gif
Like with everything else, I'll blame it on alcohol-induced brain cell loss.

Originally posted by LesClaypool:
As I've ALWAYS (for the last two years) said, who cares about the league when there's the FA Cup to play for?

tongue.r191677.gif
And unfortunately, the Villains have managed to dispatch the Peasants. Sadly, we would have probably played better against the Scousers--lower level sides tend to give The Arsenal fits.

But I'll take it. My neighbor across the street grew up in the shadow of Villa Park, and he's been running around his house in the rain for half an hour or so shouting. Damn, the Brits take this seriously!

Winning a FA Cup is a challenge in itself, winning back to back is great. Good luck to the Arse fans here!

And England gets another team in Europe who doesn't belong. sigh. No disrespect to Villa, but they'll be 6 and out in Europe (or maybe 2 and out if they have to go through summer qualifiers again). That's part of the reason why Spain and Germany are pulling ahead of England in the coefficients (I said part of the reason not the whole reason). I was hoping for Liverpool/Arsenal final so that the top 7 teams in England get the 7 European slots, but now only top 6 with Villa.

At least Liverpool got Stevie G. back to Wembley.
smile.r191677.gif

Off topic, Barca's La Liga title is no longer secure. They are 2 points up, but they still have to play Athletico at Vincente Calderon Stadium (sp). If say they draw there, win their other 5 fixtures and Real win all 6 of their fixtures, Real wins on head-to-head goal difference (Real won 3-1 at home and Barca won 2-1 at home). I don't remember a year in which there's been actual drama in La Liga maybe ever let alone heading into May. Usually whoever's got the lead at the end of Sept. has the league won (even last year when Athletico won).

It's true Madrid 2 back, but IMHO Madrid is in trouble they've been decimated with injury all year and now this..,,,
Marcelo suspended CL, bale out 3 weeks(can't stand him but it's depth), Modric out 6 weeks, benzene doubtful for CL, Isco fight with ancelotti saying he's gone this summer, Jesé still not being fit after knee injury.

It's never a good sign when the reserve attackers move up to train with the first team.

This week you may see a 4-4-2 with cr7 and chicarito up top and James rod and Isco at winger, purely out of no one left to play in the stubborn 4-3-3, should be fascinating as we know ancelotti doesn't adjust well to tactics.

It's never a good sign when the reserve attackers move up to train with the first team.
United has not only been doing this all year, but they've actually used guys like James Wlison in games, and not only has Unitd been doing this at forward, they've been doing this at mid and defense.

In the past, it's been more of a reward to the reserve players, but United is really thin in some areas, hope this gets addressed this summer. It pissed me off Saturday that Rooney had to drop back again.

Real had their destiny in their own hands, then slumped, I think Barca has too much fire power up front now to be dropping points, especially with Suarez playing like a top 3 forward in the world.

Take away last year's Atlético league title, and Barca/Real have won the league 9 years in a row, and you have to go back to 2001/02 where two teams other than Barca/Real have finished 1-2, and then you have to go back to 1969/70 where both Barca and Real have finished out of the top 2. Heck, since 1929, it's only happened 10 times where they both have not finished 1st or 2nd (In Scotland, only 5 times have Celtic or Rangers both finished out of the top 2 since 1891!).

Today's history lesson for some of guys new to following Euro football.

The Old Firm has to be the strongest 1-2 combination in the history of sports. Celtic or Rangers have won the league 99 times out of the 114 times the league has declared a winner. A team other than TOF last won a league title in 1985.

The rivlary is so hated, that since WWII, only 5 players have played for both teams and since 1888, only 18 players have played for both teams), and the Scottish League is small, in terms of number of teams, with only 12 teams in the Premier League, and for years, only 10 teams were in the Premier League.

For the 2012/13 season, the Rangers were regulated to the Third Division (4th tier) because of tax and ownership issues, they went on to win the 4th and 3rd tier championships and are currently in the 2nd tier (Scottish Championship League), where they will not earn an automatic promotion and will have some work to do. If they finish 2nd, where they currently stand, they will face off against the winner of the 3rd/4th place tie, and if they win that, then they will place the 11th place Premier League team for the right to get promoted. If they slip to 3rd, they first play the 4th place team, then play as listed above.

Despite playing in such a small domestic league, Celtic went on to win the European Cup (Champions League) in 1967 and were runners up in 1970.

Def agree on the old firm being the dominant double teams. My Scottish friends don't want rangers up yet, they don't think they're ready and certainly cash broke. Aberdeen has been fabulous this year was going they'd get by Celtic but nope.
In Glasgow you aren't allowed to wear jerseys into bars on game days of the Celtic rangers rivalry.

As for Madrid, the James and Modric injury in Fall are really where the season was hurt and allowed Barcelona to get hot. Barcelona has had much fewer injuries this season compared to Real.

I know United can have similar complaints vs say Chelsea.

Brandon Rodgers I have to think is gonna be fired next month now, pool may even miss Europa now that 7th is Aston villa slot now.

Rogers might be safe if the can qualify for the Europa and Klopp ends up at City. Liverpool has 6 to play, 4 of them on the road, and 5 of those games left are against the bottom 10, with Chelsea the only top 10 team left to play and they might have the league clinched by them, so Liverpool, on paper, seems like the likely candidate to finish 5th (they also have a game in hand over United, City, Spurs and Southampton), and 4th is not out of the possibility.

Spurs still have City, Stoke, Southampton and Everton (on the road on Judgement Day!).

Southampton still have Spurs and City (possibly the best Judgement Day match!).

Chelsea might be ahead by this much, because they have had the easier 2nd half schedule and have United, Arse and Liverpool all within a 5 game stretch before they end with West Brom and Sunderland. If Chelsea were still in the FA Cup and Champs League, this would be a brutal stretch drive, where they have been known to falter a little, probably because of the number of games that pile up at the end of the season, and injuries have no doubt taken its toll by this point.

It does suck that another team will qualify for Europe that will no doubt not help England's coefficients. Tottenham generally does well in the Europa, but Aston Villa will not be built for any Euro runs, as I doubt Southampton will be either, heck, many pundits had predicted a bottom 3 finish for the Saints. Aston Villa has played well under Tim Sherwood, but again, they will not be Euro ready next year.

I know United has been hurt by injuries, and not having Carrick available on Saturday really sucked, but I will not allow that as an excuse for some of their draws/losses. I think the whole dynamic and of Saturday's match changed once Carrick couldn't go and Rooney was dropped back. I would rather have had Rooney stay up top and someone else fit the midfield role, but oh well (I would have dusted off Paul Scholes for 60 minutes
laugh.r191677.gif
!).Chelsea's game plan was perfect against the Carrick-less United.

I have read how brutal it gets in Glasgow on game day for Celtic/Rangers and how jerseys are not allowed in the bars, and throw in the Catholic/Protestant angle, and you have an explosion just waiting to happen. In terms of worldwide rivalries, this match has to be at the top.

I actually taped and then turned off United Chelsea at half and looked up score, I thought it was unwatchable, just as Chelsea likes. United were so flat and devoid of creativity really thought it was poor by them, then I see Rooney clapping after the game as if the crowd and team had an epic, yet unjust result, yuck. Not much drama left in epl except relegation and 6th

Btw has anyone paid attention to Carpi in serie B? They are 15 points up with 6 to play.
The greatest minnow story I can recall, Reading was a big club compared to this.
1909 club, folded and rebranded in 2002, about to make top flight first time ever. Seating capacity 4,100, usually gets 2,800 per game.

Big Italian clubs don't want them up but I do. (They have no stadium rules on size like epl) not like many are going to serie A games anyway with attendance dropping yet again this season.

*Sorry, tried to copy and paste a spreadsheet and it messed up the post!

This post was edited on 4/20 3:24 PM by Manch.

This post was edited on 4/20 3:25 PM by Manch.

Btw has anyone paid attention to Carpi in serie B? They are 15 points up with 6 to play.
The greatest minnow story I can recall, Reading was a big club compared to this.
1909 club, folded and rebranded in 2002, about to make top flight first time ever. Seating capacity 4,100, usually gets 2,800 per game.

Big Italian clubs don't want them up but I do. (They have no stadium rules on size like epl) not like many are going to serie A games anyway with attendance dropping yet again this season.

F*** the elitist Serie A teams. Those teams constantly play in front of half empty stadiums. Just took 5 minutes to research some of the teams 2014/15 home attendance and did a quick spreadsheet. Attendance capacity is at 52% for a league wide average. Nine teams can't even fill half of the stadium. Absolutely pitiful, and I understand that the Italian economy sucks. (Rivals won't let me copy and paste the spreadsheet).

After Man United, my next favorite team is now Carpi!!!!

If you like this story you will LOVE a book called, "The Miracle of Castel Di Sangro."

It's about THE best minnow story ever in Italy. A pub team which made it up to Serie B and stayed up for a year. One of my favorite books ever. As I recall, they DO have stadium size limits, because Castel Di Sangro had to increase the size of their stadium because they stayed up. I could be remembering that incorrectly though. Maybe they were just expanding it because they wanted to. Anyway, the book is awesome. It's written by that guy who moved next to Sarah Palin's house for a year that everyone got pissed off at. I think he is/was a Sports Illustrated writer. Joe McGinnis is his name. He went and lived with the team for the year that they stayed up in Serie B. Every soccer fan should read this book, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT