ADVERTISEMENT

New FUTBOL thread (old one is broken)

Originally posted by kooterridesagain:
Thanks Les!
I will get they book right away.

Manch, check out the Carpi jerseys too they're sweet
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Biancorossi!!!! Let's go white and reds!!!!!

Who gives a shit about the kits? Have you seen their kit sponsors, Blumarine?
eek.r191677.gif

BLU_0007.jpg

blumarine-spring-summer-2014-mfw9.jpg

Blumarine!!!!

Tell me I am not the only one that saw Iniesta's dribbling, length-of-the-pitch run, ultimately setting up Neymar for the opening goal. Fantastic!

I hope so, as big as a German fan he is, and it's a once in a lifetime event for him as the trip's timing was perfect, I hope that he was there.

I was there! Im still here and will be in Allianz again on Saturday! I have never been more excited at ANY sporting match in my life! Had to check in! Danke Schöen my chat friends for now!

Have fun Tim!

Haha Manch I didn't know that sponsor good stuff.

Madrid lineup should be fascinating today, uber defensive with Illaramendi, Pepe and chicarito or attack with Jesé and Isco and chicarito

Have fun Tim!

Haha Manch I didn't know that sponsor good stuff.

Madrid lineup should be fascinating today, uber defensive with Illaramendi, Pepe and chicarito or attack with Jesé and Isco and chicarito

Gotta root for the United connection today!

Blumarine, it doesn't get any better than that!

Tim, congrats! 6-1 in the CL quarters, you lucky bastard, but I am excited for you, what an experience that must have been!

Well i'm not sure what to say about Madrid today, finally a win in 8 games, sure the Turan red helped, but credit the new formation, and an injured group to get it done, finally. CR7 a classic assist, Chicarito finally gets a goal. I don't expect Madrid to make the final unless they draw Juve but who cares, it was a battle and Atletico do what they do better than anyone, stack the box and pray. btw, i counted early on, Atletico took 25-30 seconds per free kick/corner, in the first half! that's epic clock killing.

Maybe Real can get it together in a few weeks, sadly Modric won't be back, Isco was horrible today, Ramos was ok in midfield but the issue is he only goes forward on set pieces, it was still 5 on 11 most attacks. Ancelotti survives another day.

How many straight years has Madrid played Munich at this stage, feels like 3 but I don't recall. "Draw" should be predictable

IMO it would be nice to see Barca play Madrid and Juve play Bayern. This way there will only be 1 team from Spain in the Final.

I think Juve is the weakest team remaining, though with all t he injuries one can make a case for Madrid actually being the weakest. However, having CR7 is a game changer and IMO elevates them.

Rumors are bayern drew Barcelona! I'll take that, Pep back at Barcelona must see TV and I agree juventus the weakest if Madrid gets guys back healthy.

How many straight years has Madrid played Munich at this stage, feels like 3 but I don't recall. "Draw" should be predictable

In 2013, Madrid played BVB (lost 4-0 on road, won 3-0 at home). But they did play in the 2012 and 2014 semis. Real also played Barca in the 2011 semis.

Well, that was certainly disappointing. All credit to Chelsea, though. They do what they have to do. There will certainly be a lot of talk about lack of penalty calls, and rightly so. The Arsenal got away with a couple of them. And Oscar, clearly concussed, should never have been allowed back on the pitch.

Anyway, congrats to the Chavs for a well-earned title. Hope to see you again in the Community Shield game.

Well, that was certainly disappointing. All credit to Chelsea, though. They do what they have to do. There will certainly be a lot of talk about lack of penalty calls, and rightly so. The Arsenal got away with a couple of them. And Oscar, clearly concussed, should never have been allowed back on the pitch.

Anyway, congrats to the Chavs for a well-earned title. Hope to see you again in the Community Shield game.

Very classy. Best of luck to you Gooners in the Cup final.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Chelsea's D was too damn good. Also definitely some bad penalty no-calls for sure, or maybe they win 2-0.

They clearly are the best team in the league this year. Kudos to CSKA London. They deserve the title.

Chelsea's D was too damn good. Also definitely some bad penalty no-calls for sure, or maybe they win 2-0.

They clearly are the best team in the league this year. Kudos to CSKA London. They deserve the title.

CSKA London?I haven't used that name in a couple of years and that used to be my pet name for Chelsea on this board. :)

The race for 2-4 is on, especially after United looked like a 3rd tier team yesterday!

Congrats to Chelsea, it has to be over now, unless the greatest collapse in footie history happens.

CSKA London?I haven't used that name in a couple of years and that used to be my pet name for Chelsea on this board. :)

The race for 2-4 is on, especially after United looked like a 3rd tier team yesterday!

Congrats to Chelsea, it has to be over now, unless the greatest collapse in footie history happens.

I don't really get the CSKA reference. Yeah, the owner is Russian, but unlike CSKA Moscow...which I believe is composed solely of Russian-born players...Chelsea doesn't have any. By the way, I have great regard for Abramovich because he spends whatever is necessary to keep his club elite.

I don't really get the CSKA reference. Yeah, the owner is Russian, but unlike CSKA Moscow...which I believe is composed solely of Russian-born players...Chelsea doesn't have any. By the way, I have great regard for Abramovich because he spends whatever is necessary to keep his club elite.
I may have inadvertantly stolen the CSKA London reference from you, Manch. If so, my bad. I know I've seen it elsewhere. Definitely not my original thought.

As for the real CSKA Moscow, being comprised entirely of Russian-born players… That would have to be a newer phenomenon, as in the past, they were choc full of Brazilians. Vagner Love and Danny Carvalho were there when CSKA won the UEFA Cup. I know those two, at a minimum, were there. I think there were others too.

It might be Zenit that (used to be, before Hulk and Witsel came) was Russian-born only?

I may have inadvertantly stolen the CSKA London reference from you, Manch. If so, my bad. I know I've seen it elsewhere. Definitely not my original thought.

As for the real CSKA Moscow, being comprised entirely of Russian-born players… That would have to be a newer phenomenon, as in the past, they were choc full of Brazilians. Vagner Love and Danny Carvalho were there when CSKA won the UEFA Cup. I know those two, at a minimum, were there. I think there were others too.

It might be Zenit that (used to be, before Hulk and Witsel came) was Russian-born only?
I could be wrong...It wouldn't be the first time. I just remember seeing some Russian team in UEFA, and the announcers were remarking how the entire roster was native. It may actually have been Zenit.

Chelsea just announced a few preseason friendlies (incl. 3 in the U.S.):

New York Red Bulls - Wednesday 22 July - New Jersey

Paris Saint-Germain - Saturday 25 July - Charlotte, North Carolina

Barcelona - Tuesday 28 July - Washington D.C.

Fiorentina - Wednesday 5 August - Stamford Bridge

We've also announced a game in Australia to be played in the first week of June.

I read that we're in that Tourney that they did a couple of years ago, but with individual games announced, I'm not so sure anymore (as I'd read that PSG, Barca and United were in it also) but when they did it in 2013, they only announced a bracket formula i.e. winners play so wouldn't have a 2nd game already announced.

NoleLizards, not sure where you're located but if somewhere near those friendlies, perhaps you'd be able to check them out.

I've read Manchester United will be making a summer U.S. tour again, so perhaps they will be playing somewhere near the United supporters on the board and you'll be able to watch them play.

No biggie, I thought it was great when I saw it, a blast from the past!!!!! Keep using it!

NL, I did joke using CSKA because of the Russian ownership, nothing else.

Thanks for the info, Rishi. The one in Charlotte could be doable.

Tim,
What was that shootout disaster, as ugly as you'll ever see.
Does Dortmund make Europa now?

Gassed legs, confidence effected? It happens. BVB need to win Pokal to get into Europa and this was just the Semi Final. Biggest issues are Robben is lost for season and so is Lewandowski. Robben injured calf muscle and Lewa has broken jaw and nose. No luck this year with injuries so not going to beat Barca I think without those 2. Think of Barca without Messi and Suarez....that is what we lost yesterday to injuries.

Messi, Suarez and Neymar have hit the century mark. Even with his baggage and sh!tty reputation, I would take Suarez right now!

I am not sold on Neymar, is it just me? Or is he just over shadowed by Messi? I don't think he is as good as he was projected to be.

Tim, seems to happen every year where one of the top teams only seem to get beaten by injury only. I will still be rooting for Bayern to beat Barca. Even without Robben and Lewan, I think they can still sneak past Bayern. I wouldn't be shocked to see Juvi beat Real, and I am probably rooting for CR7 to win another CL, but I DO NOT want to see a Barca/Real final.

Neymar has 43 goals in 62 caps for Brazil...3rd best scoring rate in history of the Selecao. He is as legit as they come, IMO. Even more impressive considering he weighs about 95 lbs soaking wet.

Suarez is a flat beast though. No arguing that.

Scary to think of how much more formidable that trio will be after they have a year under their belt next year.

Sounds like Lewa is going to play using a special mask! Not sure how that'll end up!? Also heard Ribery should be available! Might be game on after all so we'll see how all that unfolds. Juve could shock Real as Italian teams can be surprise winners from time to time.

Suarez hatty....Messi brace...Neymar adds another in an 8-0 thrashing of relegated Córdoba.

Looks like they're tuned-up for Bayern.

Did anyone see the ridiculous header cr7 scored that ended up finishing off Sevillas 34 unbeaten home run?

Barcelona only had to win last three to get league but it was a classic Ronaldo vs opponent hat trick performance.

Munich is in trouble headed to Barcelona IMHO, hope it's s good game. Real at Juve tomorrow I expect at least an away tie 1-1, if not Madrid victory with James and Marcelo back

Sure would be a lot more fun celebrating St. Totteringham's if we had any actual Spurs fans here.

In any case, a great tradition has again come to pass - St. Totteringham's Day - the day when Spurs can no longer mathematically finish above Arsenal in the table.

Peace and love. Peace and love.

Reactions: FSUdawg
I give Juve credit, i didn't think they'd get a win. They played better than i expected, crowd was great. I thought Tevez dove horribly, but Marcelo could have gotten red behind the play so it was fine.
For Real, is Ancelotti more at fault for starting a technically awful Ramos in midfield again, or sticking with him all game!!!! He had what 12 balls out of bounds or to Juve? What a disaster, Ancelotti still the most stubborn coach in the world in game.
If Real goes back to their normal midfield options they can overturn this at home, if the experiment with Ramos continues, i don't see a win at home, not enough service and too many giveaways.

Btw kind of funny I don't even notice Bale anymore with the media killing him. He just kind of takes space and at this point i figure if he contributes with a goal it's a pleasant surprise. That's what 95 mill gets u I guess, wonder where he'll end up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT