ADVERTISEMENT

New Message Board FAQ

Dot Com

Owner and administrator of Warchant.com
Mar 29, 2002
Tallahassee, Florida
warchant.com
As you've noticed, the new boards are here. It's understandable that people don't like change but the new boards were desperately needed. Please give them a couple weeks before making any final conclusion. The good thing is that we are in a better position with these boards to make changes - with the old ones we were stuck with what we had.

Below are some of the most common questions associated with the new boards. If you don't find your answer here you can also go to the message board help section where several other board issues are addressed. If you still have a question you can reply to this thread and we'll get back to you ASAP.

Why is my Warchant.com App and the boards on the mobile site not working?

Because the new boards function totally differently and have new URLs, we knew the Warchant App and mobile boards would not function correctly when they were launched. Our developer is submitting the changes for the Apple and Android app so be on the lookout for an update. However, the approval process takes time, especially for Apple.

The mobile boards will no longer be needed! That's because the new boards are totally responsive and optimized for all mobile devices. Doesn't matter what device you are using or operating system, the boards should come up just fine on your phone or tablet. As such, the old mobile boards are now obsolete.

Since the boards are optimized for mobile, there isn't even a real need for the app. You can just bookmark the Tribal Council, or the Warchant Board portal page on your mobile and surf away as you did from the app.

Where can I find my old signature picture and how do I get that in to my new signature?

You can still go to the "Member Services" link in the top right hand corner of any current front page. From there, clicking "Message Board Options" will take them to a page to log in once more to access their preferences. They can find their signature code in "Message Board" options.

Once they have the URL only of the images they want to carry over they can simply however over their username in the top right hand corner of the new boards and clickSignature.
_TGht4mlD7OsRLH-aYPMljpkSiZ93xiJOegwM5XzePQww_7uhnsUQwguw4qsqGKjaHg6IoVK_qdUeQ4_Qt-hjlv97ckz-Q7QykPXi40lf9QuvLSV_ABIdco0kiBLrvvsxg
- Click the image icon. Insert the URL of the photo you wish to embed. Click “Insert.” That will add it to their signature area.

I want to alert someone ... how do I tag a user?
Simply use the @ symbol and begin typing the username of the person you wish to tag in a new thread or reply. Their name will appear in the drop down menu after the @ symbol. Click their username and you're set.

I don't want to get alerts on every thread I participate in. How do I turn that off?
Hover over your username in the top right hand corner and click "Preferences."

A window will pop up to manage your Preferences. Uncheck the first option that says: Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...

I want the message board to fill my screen. How do I do that?

On the bottom left of any page of the new boards you'll see an icon that looks like this:
1679809.jpg

Clicking that once will adjust it to fill the screen or keep it as is.

I don't want to see signatures, how do I turn those off for my username?

Top right hand corner, hover over your username and then click "Preferences."

You can uncheck the option for... Show people's signatures with their messages.

How do I change my general Alert preferences?

You can customize what actions on the message board will trigger an Alert notification.

krPZtq8cNi0Dk8w3QI9RPlZupDb3AkGH6dvA7rPtQ7Ozl8aGq_t3dKww1opuFOkmyGptL4a1i9V5uoluh5Jm3TuvV43PVXRL6jMUeW7ySBAyvzUgNZbBgh6CV0t_CrIHQA
By clicking the “flag” you can check out your Alerts

You can manage these Alerts from your drop-down menu that appears when you hover over your username in the top right hand corner.

yJc_wwehbGTbCb7R9XSUd6YlgR0kKfYxdwd6ry-y38Vh9qRgnJvIgZa-g-olOrXkQ7gWuSQs9mt0vrYZmA0w6TXEt7yBf0cBaZaqx3LwXk9uVT-bpKV_ns9XsnKGcIljGg

Click “Alert Preferences”

H4Puu4W-3Zb4gEQ9pBRsXHex5UeGoR7S7FCwjdWFvTdSVk54IHO8XUbfI4HUx6iy_LtmuLW-FiRvs2R6R5Qd6Xvxi-CegJsZM6E8GrTsOCSvoI5UMPJzQxANlAyr4kO18w

Within this menu, you are given several options to choose what you are notified via the Alerts tool in the top right hand corner of every page.

You can choose from a variety of alerts including if users reply to a thread you’re watching, someone quotes your message in a reply, likes your message or follows you.

How do I keep track of a thread that I want to revisit later?
At the top of any thread that you are viewing, you will see an option to “Watch Thread.”
_1wy0mXp4eLnsb-7ujNrrmDXufN2m7ZXuqNUasevj-oSvP73_Rg1bBVDeLsOC8b-WUgEsQFcYWA8RiWZ4v8HQMWbdWzMJuVX7OklmRQjiEpff24q0ytFCgiADlTnlpn3PQ

Click -
sFej9MLCjiulUsneUOgMpY3XXBnFOYpSB-hCbLQ8PkFoEg3gZ7T1oZWo7AgCvxqpcZ9IQInm7YyyC9d7xR00nwX0WM9po8uixf8TSbZKVLb8b7inVcH1wU6aqcdvgbHodA

You will receive an option to receive email notifications when there are new replies to that thread.

Any thread that you are watching can be tracked in a variety of ways.

• Click “Watched Threads” at the top of the board. You can see any watched threads that have unread posts within it since you last viewed it. You can also view all Watched Threads, regardless if you have read them since they were replied to.
    • Alerts: Any threads that you are watching will deliver an “Alert” notification that you can check in the top right hand corner of the page at any time.
      krPZtq8cNi0Dk8w3QI9RPlZupDb3AkGH6dvA7rPtQ7Ozl8aGq_t3dKww1opuFOkmyGptL4a1i9V5uoluh5Jm3TuvV43PVXRL6jMUeW7ySBAyvzUgNZbBgh6CV0t_CrIHQA
      By clicking the “flag” you can check out the alerts of threads you’re watching.
How do I follow a specific user so that I can keep track of their posts?

Within a thread that you are viewing, click the username that you want to follow.

You will be presented with an option to “Follow” in the pop-up profile that appears.

You can manage those that you follow in your drop-down menu that appears when you hover over your username in the top right hand corner.

gnTdEI-1GF_H4GK5tVZohDuxCBWIW4jL2XOP8tjnGjRRNjRhnHckFa39ft0G-ByF3ysE5ydgxhFK1pYWUpuBwGPHheHExVzqr6Cx__UZY0mhXAcJTDBtehj1UWJA_7xbeg

Click “People You Follow.”

If you’re looking to track the posts that users you follow have participated in, click “Your News Feed” in that same drop-down menu.

Ts8p6-NWJFq-b-euPkkfrA2RzJxwrK43Fr5qreaD8NIFTSEt7jv9ZE1zo1Rs9CV2U_Hr-7T77YqsJK0NJ4uYCZM7BLowE7Es8hIrFIfTE9kc39Toe1p-Xpx3A_KfqtEpZw

I love it.

To clarify, you can still get to the old board options by going to the warchant.com main page, forums, index. That's the only way I've figured out how to do it. I can't find that link from any of the new boards.

Count me in...I love it! So many new and good features. May seems silly, but I asked for a 'Like' button, was told it was probably coming, and here it is. Good job! Great way to let people know you agree with them without having to post and clutter up the thread.

When k watch a video using the app I can't rotate the picture.

Is there a setting that corrects this? It drives me nuts.

All the other message boards I frequent have a time zone option so I can see when posts are posted in my local time. Does this one have this now?

Am I doing something wrong or are ALL of the Football Forums now Premium only?

Not liking it at all so far. Before on my home computer I was logged in all the time, now I have to log in each visit and it takes me to the rivals sign in and not WC. Not as easy to move from one board to another.

Not liking it at all so far. Before on my home computer I was logged in all the time, now I have to log in each visit and it takes me to the rivals sign in and not WC. Not as easy to move from one board to another.
?? not having any of those issues. I'm logged on to all my devices and I like how it knows who I am on each one and always takes me to the newest post on each thread that I've already seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT