ADVERTISEMENT

NextDoor App

alaskanseminole

Seminole Insider
Oct 20, 2002
So, anyone use the NextDoor app? This thing is pure gold!

Today a nice (I'm assuming) woman takes pictures of two lost pooches and posts it to the app with their exact location. First couple responses go as one would expect:

"Maybe you should take them to PetSmart to be scanned. They might be chipped"

"Great neighbor, I'll ask around."

Etc.

Then Ms Suzy My Arse is Wound Tight, chimes in with a rant about how she's tired of people neglecting their dogs, blah blah blah. That was followed by another wonderful person complaining about how these dogs are going to multiply, thus making our neighborhood look like the dreaded "Southside."

Then of course that offending someone else who chimed in with, "HEY! I grew up on the Southside and I turned out just fine."

A few more posts until Derrick posts about how his dogs got out last 4th of July and how he MUST be neglecting his dogs (his post was actually pretty funny and latent with sarcasm).

Then the OP made the ultimate mistake. She didn't actually "rescue" the dogs. She just provided their whereabouts. She's getting blasted for leaving dogs (that aren't her responsibility, mind you) out to get stolen, hit by cars, starve, etc.

LOL

So, anyone use the NextDoor app? This thing is pure gold!

Today a nice (I'm assuming) woman takes pictures of two lost pooches and posts it to the app with their exact location. First couple responses go as one would expect:

"Maybe you should take them to PetSmart to be scanned. They might be chipped"

"Great neighbor, I'll ask around."

Etc.

Then Ms Suzy My Arse is Wound Tight, chimes in with a rant about how she's tired of people neglecting their dogs, blah blah blah. That was followed by another wonderful person complaining about how these dogs are going to multiply, thus making our neighborhood look like the dreaded "Southside."

Then of course that offending someone else who chimed in with, "HEY! I grew up on the Southside and I turned out just fine."

A few more posts until Derrick posts about how his dogs got out last 4th of July and how he MUST be neglecting his dogs (his post was actually pretty funny and latent with sarcasm).

Then the OP made the ultimate mistake. She didn't actually "rescue" the dogs. She just provided their whereabouts. She's getting blasted for leaving dogs (that aren't her responsibility, mind you) out to get stolen, hit by cars, starve, etc.

LOL

And this is EXACTLY how a message board supposed to work! I'm in....downloading now.

We had one in my neighborhood about the perils of opening your door to a stranger. It wasn't directed at children; apparently it's not safe for any of us.

We had one in my neighborhood about the perils of opening your door to a stranger. It wasn't directed at children; apparently it's not safe for any of us.

Did you neighborhood adapt the Zimmerman policy.....shoot if they look suspicious and ask questions later??

We have that in our neighborhood. It is pretty funny. We have quite a few people who I can only assume are retired. They bitch about every little thing on there. They would be good additions to the TC.

My subdivision uses a private Facebook group to communicate. Works pretty good except when the few retired people start bitching about every little thing.

The best was earlier this year when some women posted that there was a gang problem in the neighborhood. This because a bunch of 4th and 5th graders were having a tennis ball fight. She was completely serious when she said the neighborhood had to have a serious talk about how to stop the gang activities. Predictably, that did not end well for her.

These stories are one of the few times I've wanted to move into some lame ass suburban subdivision.
I'd revel in trolling these people.

How does next door work? Can someone get me into their neighborhood group?

These stories are one of the few times I've wanted to move into some lame ass suburban subdivision.
I'd revel in trolling these people.

How does next door work? Can someone get me into their neighborhood group?

Just log into the app and type in your address. It's not exclusively for lame ass suburban subdivisions.

Seems like a pretty questionable thing to join if you like privacy at all. On the website's "community" page, it logs who joins, and where they live. For example:

"Sarah B Updated new location at 918 West 23rd Avenue, Spokane, WA 99203, USA 1 day, 2 hours ago"

So, I guess if you want people to know whether you're male or female, and where you live, then it's a good thing. Maybe they should also add an option to let people know if a) you're there alone, and b) whether or not you're armed.

Seems like a pretty questionable thing to join if you like privacy at all. On the website's "community" page, it logs who joins, and where they live. For example:

"Sarah B Updated new location at 918 West 23rd Avenue, Spokane, WA 99203, USA 1 day, 2 hours ago"

So, I guess if you want people to know whether you're male or female, and where you live, then it's a good thing. Maybe they should also add an option to let people know if a) you're there alone, and b) whether or not you're armed.

Must be fun to live in complete fear of everything and everyone your whole life. Any chance you can move even further off the grid so we don't have to read about your panophobia incessantly?

My neighborhood uses the app, mostly complaints about mail delivery and block party planning.

Must be fun to live in complete fear of everything and everyone your whole life. Any chance you can move even further off the grid so we don't have to read about your panophobia incessantly?
Don't stop there...finish him! Through down the gaunlet!

Complete your humiliation of Russ by posting your own personal info here. Not just wimpy stuff like name and address. Go full monte and post your SS, bank account, etc.

Man, you've really nailed my character - and based solely on the information that you were able to gleam from this one post. Your powers of perception are unparallelled. I'd type more, but it's awfully cramped down here in my beet cellar.

hiding_in_the_cellar_by_kagomeandsesshomaru9-d8nvoxa.jpg

Seriously though - is that your schtick? To take one comment and then extrapolate it out into a ridiculous conclusion? Was that the extent of your internet/message board onboarding? To latch onto a singular point and write letters until what you've written - and you by extension - is seen as meaningless garbage? If that's your thing, then good luck!

Reactions: seminoleed

I'm surprised you didn't find a way to extol the virtues of inner-city living, how this "paranoia" is only a problem in the suburbs, blah blah blah...

Why so angry all the time?

I too love the app from an entertainment perspective. During the summer there seems to be many posts about a "code brown" at one of our pools. It usually results in insults directed towards other parents and general cattyness. I find it funny.

Lol I'm sure Sarah and her husband Franklin are thrilled that the LR now know where they live:
http://www.myneighborhood.com/members/sarahandfranklin/

I might join and set up a surprise party for Sarah, hosted by Franklin. It's Taco Tuesday at the Frankie's place!

Reactions: seminoleed
I'm surprised you didn't find a way to extol the virtues of inner-city living, how this "paranoia" is only a problem in the suburbs, blah blah blah...

Why so angry all the time?
Beat me to it. I was waiting for this to turn into another ITP v. OTP debate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT