ADVERTISEMENT

NFL mock Draft?

Originally posted by fsu67810:
Did anyone advertise on the TC yet? I can throw a thread on there if no one has already.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I'm not a premium subscriber, so doing that would be much appreciated.

We'll wait another week or two and see if doing so persuades anyone else to sign up.

On, and off, the topic. Let's say the real Bucs decide they want to draft Jameis, and submit the pick today. Then sign and pay him tomorrow, even before the combine. Can he start practicing with the team on April 7th (being the first day the team can practice together)? The draft is not until April 30th.

Thanks for posting in the TC, 67810. We're making good progress now.

Originally posted by SmittyNOLES:
Not sure how to sign up? Haven't done this before. I'm in if there's room. Titans or Packers if available , if not I'll take whoever
Pick one or the other...We'll start picking 2nd teams soon if enough people don't sign up.

Originally posted by thedudeabides17:
haha good one Nole lizards..any idea when this thing will start? I'm guessing after the combine and pro days..
The actual Draft was moved back to May a couple of years ago. I'll have to check the dates, but I'd like free agency to have at least a week to make this thing as realistic as possible.

Originally posted by NoleLizards:
Originally posted by thedudeabides17:
haha good one Nole lizards..any idea when this thing will start? I'm guessing after the combine and pro days..
The actual Draft was moved back to May a couple of years ago. I'll have to check the dates, but I'd like free agency to have at least a week to make this thing as realistic as possible.
Yeah, that's how we did it last year and it seem to make for a better draft in terms of us having an idea of actual team needs.

With all the newbies, we should make sure we get all email addresses (home and work), Twitter accounts, Facebook home pages, home and cell numbers and a credit card deposit to ensure that people pick within the allotted time, and especially if you pick before me, don't wait until the last minute and then pick a player that I had already spent 5 hours writing a pretty f*cking decent bio/description/analysis for because you took so long to pick that I thought you were going to forfeit your pick. I will still pick that same player!

I had a Roger Goodell/Robert Kraft relationship with 67810, until he deflated my bio/description/analysis's when someone waited until the last minute a few years back and picked the same player that I had spent considerable amount of time prepping a pretty f*cking decent bio/description/analysis for, and to boot, he picked a player that Cincy was already stocked at that position and had used a prior draft pick on that position.

If you're not going to take the time to bend over backwards and allow me to walk away with another set of steak knives, then you should consider dropping out and joining the WNBA mock draft!!!!!!

roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Manch.:
With all the newbies, we should make sure we get all email addresses (home and work), Twitter accounts, Facebook home pages, home and cell numbers and a credit card deposit to ensure that people pick within the allotted time, and especially if you pick before me, don't wait until the last minute and then pick a player that I had already spent 5 hours writing a pretty f*cking decent bio/description/analysis for because you took so long to pick that I thought you were going to forfeit your pick. I will still pick that same player!

I had a Roger Goodell/Robert Kraft relationship with 67810, until he deflated my bio/description/analysis's when someone waited until the last minute a few years back and picked the same player that I had spent considerable amount of time prepping a pretty f*cking decent bio/description/analysis for, and to boot, he picked a player that Cincy was already stocked at that position and had used a prior draft pick on that position.

If you're not going to take the time to bend over backwards and allow me to walk away with another set of steak knives, then you should consider dropping out and joining the WNBA mock draft!!!!!!

laugh.r191677.gif

Once the Combine's over, I'll post the official draft thread and allow for picking second teams. I'll give out my email address and strongly encourage all participants to send me theirs.

Actually, I'll go ahead and start collecting emails now because there are so many participants. I've set up a special account for it: pgsfcommish15@yahoo.com.

This post was edited on 2/20 3:55 PM by NoleLizards

Originally posted by fmol4:
NoleLizards,

You have mail.
Got it. As with you or anyone else, I'll email you if possible if say 12 hours or so has gone by and you haven't picked yet. (For you newbies, you get 24 hours to pick after the previous one...except on weekends/holidays...before you're skipped. The exact rules will be posted in the official thread.)

Looking ahead, free agency begins March 10. I'm thinking this thing should start Monday 3/16. That will give us approximately 6 weeks to get at least three rounds in. This okay with everyone?

Works for me, especially if we can blow through the first couple of rounds like last year.

Well, the Combine's over now. I'll be posting the official draft thread here within a few days. If anyone wants a second team, go ahead and claim one. (A couple of people have already mentioned one, so I'll go ahead and let them have it.)

Looking back at the thread, somehow I had missed JimboNole10's request for Miami...It is now noted. SmittyNOLES gets the Packers, FSU Fogel gets the Seahawks, & Semiologist has the Steelers. Unless I overlooked someone else, by my count that's nine teams left.

This post was edited on 2/23 4:27 PM by NoleLizards

I will take the falcons or Chargers...no real preference in case a fan of either team happens to want to join

Lizard same email as previous years

user name at gmail dot com

Originally posted by NoleinATL:
I will take the falcons or Chargers...no real preference in case a fan of either team happens to want to join

Lizard same email as previous years

user name at gmail dot com
Cool...I'll give you one or the other based on if someone wants the other.

DCNole did not take Washington? I noticed that he didn't pick a team last year, either. Hmmmm, thought he had the 'Skins locked down.

Anyway, as for a 2nd team, Buffalo is right in the middle and no 4th round pick, so I will take them.

Philly seems to be a challenge, as they could trade for Mariota if it is guaranteed that Tampa will go with Winston.

Here's an interesting thought, even though the Pats don't have the cap room and they need to settle with Revis, who could be a $25 million cap hit, but can you imagine CJ Spiller catching passes out of the the Pats backfield?

You know what, Philly, also is picks right in the middle and has 5 picks, Chip Kelly graduated from my high school's hated rival, Manchester Central High School, and CK played football at the University of New Hampshire (I also went to UNH), was a RB coach, offensive line coach and the offensive coordinator at UNH before he left for Oregon.

I will take the Philadelphia Wildcats as my second team!!!!!

This post was edited on 2/24 12:24 PM by Manch.

Originally posted by Manch.:
DCNole did not take Washington? I noticed that he didn't pick a team last year, either. Hmmmm, thought he had the 'Skins locked down.

Anyway, as for a 2nd team, Buffalo is right in the middle and no 4th round pick, so I will take them.

Philly seems to be a challenge, as they could trade for Mariota if it is guaranteed that Tampa will go with Winston.

Here's an interesting thought, even though the Pats don't have the cap room and they need to settle with Revis, who could be a $25 million cap hit, but can you imagine CJ Spiller catching passes out of the the Pats backfield?

You know what, Philly, also is picks right in the middle and has 5 picks, Chip Kelly graduated from my high school's hated rival, Manchester Central High School, and CK played football at the University of New Hampshire (I also went to UNH), was a RB coach, offensive line coach and the offensive coordinator at UNH before he left for Oregon.

I will take the Philadelphia Wildcats as my second team!!!!!

This post was edited on 2/24 12:24 PM by Manch.
Have you down for Buffalo.

Originally posted by jim65:
is there room for one more?
Go ahead, man...There's Washington, Atlanta, San Diego, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Detroit, Carolina, and Baltimore left.

ADVERTISEMENT