ADVERTISEMENT

NHL Playoff Thread

What a great game to be there for. Building was loud from the start and the fans were just looking for something to get us going. Bishop gave us something to cheer for until Coburn lit the lamp. Building erupted from that point on. It was such a fun 3rd period to be at. Once he scored, it was very loud the rest of the game.

I honestly think Montreal should be an easier series for the Bolts. Not saying they win, just easier. Montreal very good on D, but they don't play same kind of heavy D that Detroit plays. Tampa speed should be able to show itself a little more. I think this team is ready for a breakout. Last series was tough, and not a whole lot going on except for the triplet line and Killorn in game 6. I think the rest of the team (Callahan, Stamkos, etc) show up in this series.

If they can split in Montréal I feel like they can take they series. Bishop looked good last night, his positioning was very sound. That is key for his style of play.

I am now pulling for the Lightning - I even root for the Rangers over Montreal. I would like to see Stamkos heat it up and start scoring a little more, but I really have watched very little of TB in the playoffs so far. With my Islanders out I might actually enjoy viewing the games!

I got home from the Lightning game last night and I watched the highlights on various channels. Before I knew it it was after midnight. I was draggin' ass at work all day.

I got home from the Lightning game last night and I watched the highlights on various channels. Before I knew it it was after midnight. I was draggin' ass at work all day.
I live in Ocala and drove home and then was so amped up that I did not get to sleep until 2 am!!! Yesterday was definitely rough. Should be a fun series starting tonight.

In the Eastern series, Caps steal one last night. What was Dan Boyle doing at the end? If he send that around behind the net, that game is going to OT. Instead, he stands there, gets hammered, and coughs it up to let Caps have one more shot that they buried with 1.2 left. Crazy finish.

Caps have reinvented themselves under Trotz. They are now possibly the most physical team in the playoffs. Give Ovie credit for buying in and bringing players like Tom Wilson up to snuff. Adding Orpik has also made a difference. Troy Brouwer is playing well and with Backstrom are strong enough on faceoffs to be a good road team. I haven't been high on the Rangers all year (records be damned) and something still doesn't smell right about them.

Anaheim laid it on Calgary last night. I don't see Anaheim making it to the Cup, though. I think they're too top-heavy.

Bolts/Habs should be fun. Maybe not a ton of goals but lots of action. Can Tampa even begin to solve Carey Price? They did in the regular season but....

Get your mylanta out Bolts' fans - there's gonna be many 1 goal games in the series.

Rangers blew that big time. Right off the faceoff Ovie got the puck and the Rangers just kept backing up, and yes Boyle made a horrible play in the corner.

Figures....I am rooting for the Rangers in this one!!!

Go Bolts....I HATE THE HABS!

Wow can't believe Big Ben let that softy in. Can't let that happen in Montreal

Nice win in game 1 for the Lightning. This should be a great series. And apparently the goal on one side of Chicago's rink is the size of a soccer goal, while the goal on the other side is a shot glass.

Nice win in game 1 for the Lightning. This should be a great series. And apparently the goal on one side of Chicago's rink is the size of a soccer goal, while the goal on the other side is a shot glass.
Ha, love that analogy, Dubnyk figures to be key in this series, has to be feeling the pressure after that opening game. Caught parts of Rangers Caps game yesterday, great series so far. Glorious OT goal by the Bolts, man, you really could hear a pin drop in the Bell centre!

Ha, love that analogy, Dubnyk figures to be key in this series, has to be feeling the pressure after that opening game. Caught parts of Rangers Caps game yesterday, great series so far. Glorious OT goal by the Bolts, man, you really could hear a pin drop in the Bell centre!
Nothing beats shutting that crowd up.

Wow what a beating. I missed the game and caught the end. So huge for the being up 2-0.

Sacre bleu! Those frogs don't know what hit 'em! That has to be the first time I heard the Bell Centre totally silent.

I was afraid TB's dominance over the Habs this season might hurt them, don't know how many times Boston choked after owning them during the regular season. Montreal looks befuddled and committed some really dumb penalties. Hedman and Kucherov have been fun to watch.

The matchup with the Bolts and Habs greatly benefits the Bolts. Big and mobile D-men. Fast forwards. Carey Price is great, but their style of D doesn't really fit with the game Tampa plays. The reason Detroit disrupted the Bolts so much is the fact their D is big, but slow. Babcock has then literally riding the Tampa guys coming into the zone, negating their speed. Tampa was lucky to get through the first series, but now has a match up that favors them big time. Carey can't stop everything. Montreal scored first in game 2, but once they were down in just had the feeling of being over, even early. GO BOLTS!!!!

By the way I have my two tickets for Wednesday in Tampa for sale, if anyone is interested. I am running the golf tourney here in Ocala for the Jimbo Fisher visit, and am on the Marion County Board so I kinda need to be there. I will be attending Thursday, but Wednesday are for sale.

Crazy how Tampa owns Montreal! Not many people shedding a tear over that...Bolts playing great and Bishop really solid right now. I saw most of game 1 and that was a blast.

Caps/Rangers had about as exciting a 1-0 game as is possible. The lone goal was a total dud but lots of other great action. Chris Kreider on fire but can't get anything to go in...

Somebody buy 99's tickets! Can't have an empty seat for the Habs.

Wow, what a stunning finish tonight for Tampa. My poor, sweet natured son is just too nice, he "kinda felt sorry" for the Habs. I told him not to say that in front of his lifelong Bruin-fan grandfather.

Wow, what a stunning finish tonight for Tampa. My poor, sweet natured son is just too nice, he "kinda felt sorry" for the Habs. I told him not to say that in front of his lifelong Bruin-fan grandfather.
That's great haha

Tyler Johnson and the rest of that line are amazing. They just know how to get the puck to each other. Awesome win. I will be in Tampa tonight to hopefully watch them close it out.

I wanna go all Stan Jonathan on your son!!!

I caught the last 5 minutes of the game hoping that there wasn't going to be another 2 OT game! What a finish! I must have looked like Jim Valvano, running around the house looking for someone to hug!

That was a glorious finish with Montreal dominating most of the game and out of nowhere TB turned hyperdrive in the last five minutes. Also loved that Subb-ass had an up close and personal look at the game winning goal. I was watching at the 4th Quarter in Tally. Did Subban's stick have a part in the score? I didn't get a slow motion, stop action look at it.

That was a glorious finish with Montreal dominating most of the game and out of nowhere TB turned hyperdrive in the last five minutes. Also loved that Subb-ass had an up close and personal look at the game winning goal. I was watching at the 4th Quarter in Tally. Did Subban's stick have a part in the score? I didn't get a slow motion, stop action look at it.

Hatsbud, 4th quarter? :D

Ya, the goal looked like some soccer was involved where Johnson, if anything, redirected to puck with his leg, but I would give Subban credit for an own goal as the overhead slo-mo replay looks like Subban scored on his own net. http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...h_11_seconds_left_to_beat_montreal_video.html

Les Canadians showed signs of life and whooped the Bolts tonight 6-2 and let's hope the Bolts can head back to the Forum :)D) and end this and not let Montreal pick up any momentum.

Sacre bleu! Those frogs don't know what hit 'em! That has to be the first time I heard the Bell Centre totally silent.

I went to the old Forum in 1990 for Game 3 of a playoff game between the B's and Habs. The B's won 6-2 to go up 3 games to nil and Patrick Roy was actually chased from the game. The Bruins fans were chanting the "na, na, na, na...na, na, na, na, hey-hey-hey, good bye" song, the silent Hab fans then starting singing to the same tune..."shut the F*** up, shut the f*** up, hey, hey, hey, shut the f*** up".

Hatsbud, 4th quarter? :D

Ya, the goal looked like some soccer was involved where Johnson, if anything, redirected to puck with his leg, but I would give Subban credit for an own goal as the overhead slo-mo replay looks like Subban scored on his own net. http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/inde...h_11_seconds_left_to_beat_montreal_video.html

Les Canadians showed signs of life and whooped the Bolts tonight 6-2 and let's hope the Bolts can head back to the Forum :)D) and end this and not let Montreal pick up any momentum.

I went to the old Forum in 1990 for Game 3 of a playoff game between the B's and Habs. The B's won 6-2 to go up 3 games to nil and Patrick Roy was actually chased from the game. The Bruins fans were chanting the "na, na, na, na...na, na, na, na, hey-hey-hey, good bye" song, the silent Hab fans then starting singing to the same tune..."shut the F*** up, shut the f*** up, hey, hey, hey, shut the f*** up".
I remember that series. Cam Neely scored from the neutral zone faceoff dot glove side.(Simliar to the last goal Bishop let in but deep and against 33). I also think he ran over Petre Svoboda picked up the puck to score a goal. I think both those where in Boston though.

Anyone watch Caps-Rangers Friday night? Caps received about the worst call I have seen in the playoff this year - that no goal call was crap. Ward was outside the crease and only made contact with Lundqvist after he was pushed by the Ranger D-man, and I don't think he ever made it into the crease regardless....that goal certainly should have counted, but I won't lose sleep over the Caps getting shafted.

I remember that series. Cam Neely scored from the neutral zone faceoff dot glove side.(Simliar to the last goal Bishop let in but deep and against 33). I also think he ran over Petre Svoboda picked up the puck to score a goal. I think both those where in Boston though.

Tim, first link is games 1 and 2 highlights, and 2nd link is games 3-5 highlights. I haven't watched them yet, but that Neely goal you mention (I remember it also and not sure where it came from) should be included in these highlights. Neely scored twice in game #2 and once in game #5.

Of course, the B's hadn't beat the Canadians in the playoffs for 45 years until the B's finally won in 1988, then the C's won in 89' and the B's won again in 90'. From 1984-1992, they faced each other in the playoffs every year.

It's amazing that the Lightning are 1 win away from the Eastern Conference Finals, yet have massive stretches of play in which they look disinterested or are completely careless. While Stamkos scored tonight, he was the reason they gave up the game winner, just an extremely poor play at that time and position on the ice, not one you would expect an all-start to make. This has been indicative of a lot of their play during the playoffs, yet they're still on the right side of a 2nd round series.

Come on Tampa, WTF! The Bolts are dangerously close to pulling a Boston/Philly from 2010!

When my favorite teams are out of it, it becomes a "who don't I want to win it" playoff, and Montreal and the NYR are on top of this year's list.

If this goes to a Game 7, Montreal will be walking on air and Tampa will be walking in mud. A friend of mine went to the 2004 ALCS in NY and he said that the atmosphere equaled any funeral that he ever went to, and I imagine that's how Tampa will feel if this goes to a game 7 in Montreal, and the Centre Bell will be rocking.

I'm selling a pair of my tickets for Tuesday's Game 6 between the Lightning and Canadiens. Section 314, row G, seats 15 and 16. The seats are actually quite good. Face value is $88 for the pair. If you're interested then e-mail me at mwfudge at earthlink.net.

Another game 7 for the Caps - I don't doubt their ability to win a game 7 on the road, but they should have been able to bounce back from Kreider's early goal last night - they seemed a little deflated....

Ovechkin with the guarantee. Wonder if the Russian mob will chip in to make that happen...no surprise Caps/Rangers goes 7.

Anaheim with a big win and the west finals are set. Not many people here talk western conference but trust me, watch some of the series. You'll have 2 of the very best lines in hockey going at it.

At the risk of jinxing it, with one period to go, this is the best the Lightning have played in the playoffs. Looks like Montreal is completely gassed from attempting the 3-0 comeback, the Lightning are flying all over the place. And Bishop's puck handling is completely bumfuzzling the Habs

Ovechkin with the guarantee. Wonder if the Russian mob will chip in to make that happen...no surprise Caps/Rangers goes 7.

Anaheim with a big win and the west finals are set. Not many people here talk western conference but trust me, watch some of the series. You'll have 2 of the very best lines in hockey going at it.
I have been watching but not much of a story as the two top seeds advance. Both the Hawks and ducks look elite. I really enjoy the run by the flames. They won a series and got into the playoffs in the very deep west. I am a big fan of Johnny hockey and enjoyed him stepping up and bringing his game to the NHL. Hopefully they can continue to grow as a team next year and beyond.

I have been watching but not much of a story as the two top seeds advance. Both the Hawks and ducks look elite. I really enjoy the run by the flames. They won a series and got into the playoffs in the very deep west. I am a big fan of Johnny hockey and enjoyed him stepping up and bringing his game to the NHL. Hopefully they can continue to grow as a team next year and beyond.[/QUOTE

I started reading and was gonna call you a Johnny Hockey homer and then you posted it yourself. :)

The Ducks were just to big and tougher than the Flames.

Congrats Bolts' fans!! I saw about a period and they played great. I think whomever they get goes 7 games but I'd prefer their chances vs. the Rangers.

Who ya got, Caps or or blueshirts?

Bolts finally had a great team effort last night. Bishop was once again stellar. He didn't face a ton of shots because of the pressure the D was putting on the Habs, but when he did, he came up big. It seemed to me it was the best on offense as a whole I have seen Bolts play. Stamkos was all over and was doing everything he could to get the job done. Even laying out for a couple blocked shots. The wrister that he scored on was awesome, truly a Stamkos type goal. Used the D-man as a screen as he went down the middle of the ice and fired off a wrister top shelf for the score. The Triplet line was once again ridiculous. The Kucherov tip was a thing of beauty. I also saw guys like Brown and Morrow playing with all they had. JT Brown played probably the best game I have seen from him all year. He didn't get on the score sheet, but he did all of the other things you want. A few hits, puck control was great, and he was flying. The whole team was absolutely flying around the ice. 3rd period was pretty light as they had the 3 goal lead and they were just playing it out of the zone to limit the Habs chances. All in all, a well rounded game by the Bolts at the most opportune time. They did not want that series to go back to the Bell Centre.

Congrats Bolts' fans!! I saw about a period and they played great. I think whomever they get goes 7 games but I'd prefer their chances vs. the Rangers.

Who ya got, Caps or or blueshirts?

It's kind of a lesser of 2 evils scenario. I'd probably prefer the Rangers, as the Caps will try and play the series like Detroit did. Plus, I wouldn't be able to handle losing to Ovechkin if the Bolts don't make it to the Stanley Cup Finals (only slightly less tolerable than losing to Marty...).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT