1. Round one of the NFL Draft is this Thursday at 8 p.m. ET and will be broadcast by both ESPN and NFL Network.

NIT selection show at 8:30pm on ESPNU

Discussion in 'FSU Sports Message Board' started by RoaminHomey, Mar 15, 2015.

1. RoaminHomey

RoaminHomey Walk-on

I assume the CBI selection process is immediately following the NIT, but I don't know if they televise that as well? Really and truly, I would like to see us in the CBI over the NIT for two reasons: 1) Better chance of winning 2) Better set-up with 30 second shot clock and finals are best 2-of-3

2. FSU COM Nole

I can't see a circumstance in which we are one of the 19 or 20 at-large teams of the NIT. The CBI is a real shot if we accept the invite.

3. DukeFan1

There are 12 teams with automatic bids to the NIT (small conference regular season champs who failed to win their league tournaments), so that just leaves 20 available slots in the NIT bracket, and there are a lot of major conference schools sitting in that 51-100 RPI range...

4. Bill From Tampa

Not in the NIT.

Very disappointing season.

5. DukeFan1

This year's NIT is loaded with mid-majors, including the top 4 seeds (Temple, Colorado State, Old Dominion, and Richmond). Miami was given a #2 seed and Pitt will be a #4 seed, and other major conference teams were Stanford, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, Illinois, Arizona State, UConn, and Alabama (who just fired Anthony Grant)....

6. OrlandNole

OrlandNole Walk-on

Florida didn't make the NIT either. What a huge dropoff for them.

7. DukeFan1

They had an overall losing record, so they were never in the discussion for an NIT bid....