ADVERTISEMENT

No gw TD for Lynch

There was no plan for any of that. Pete explained the reasoning for the call. Made perfect sense. Things happen. Shit happens. Lynch could have fumbled. Center qb exchange could have been bad. Qb running back exchange could have happened.

Originally posted by theFSUman:
Originally posted by TheGrassyNole:
That was one of the dumbest calls in the history of the game
Posted from Rivals Mobile
There was exactly one INT thrown by NFL QB's this season from the 1-yard line. It was tonight. Brutal call.
Also, Lynch was apparently 1/5 on runs from the 1-yard line this year.

Originally posted by derickpohl:
There was no plan for any of that. Pete explained the reasoning for the call. Made perfect sense. Things happen. Shit happens. Lynch could have fumbled. Center qb exchange could have been bad. Qb running back exchange could have happened.
Play calling is almost always over rated. It's not unimportant, but sometimes dudes make plays and sometimes they don't.

Classy Pete taking that on the chin because that was not his call. Can't even make me believe he was ok with that. But he didn't throw his OC under the bus. Hey Brian Kelly.....learn something lol!

Originally posted by jawayne24:
Classy Pete taking that on the chin because that was not his call. Can't even make me believe he was ok with that. But he didn't throw his OC under the bus. Hey Brian Kelly.....learn something lol!
Kelly is the worst. I like to think I had a tiny part in Henry choosing the Noles over ND. I know that's ridiculous, but I did make sure to send him the link of Kelly throwing Golsen under the bus without hesitation.

Butler read the play, reacted to the play and made the play. Just as horrible a call as it was, this is one reason Belichick has done well, he teaches football, he just doesn't coach football, he teaches it.

For a rookie to read the play, an expected running play, was a play that a lot of vets wouldn't have read.

Originally posted by Manch.:
Butler read the play, reacted to the play and made the play. Just as horrible a call as it was, this is one reason Belichick has done well, he teaches football, he just doesn't coach football, he teaches it.

For a rookie to read the play, an expected running play, was a play that a lot of vets wouldn't have read.
it wasn't an expected running play since Wilson lined up in the shotgun. there was no FB or lead blocker in the backfield. No way he would throw that type of pattern from under center because he wouldn't have the vision to see the field and the defense at that point.

What people forget is that Seattle had called the TO prior to running play, this was where the real problem with coaching was done, imo. With 1 time out, and a first down around the 5, they should have come out of the TO with 2 plays and they should have gone to the line with the personnel to run both plays. The 2nd play could have been anything, like setting the WR's and TE spread and run the ball, or you could have put everybody out and run a QB type of draw, or you could fake a run and roll Wilson right to the wide side of the field with a run, pass or throw the ball away option.

The last thing you want to do is stand at the line, let the defense get set, running down the clock and do what the Hawks did. Had they gone straight to the line with a 2nd play I'm sure the Pats probably would have called a TO, but at least you would have forced the issue and the worst case scenario would have given you time to make a call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT