ADVERTISEMENT

Old fart!

littleitch1

Seminole Insider
Nov 26, 2008
Not the tootski kind.

How many on here get called “ old fart” by family or friends?

Is it just an age thing or does attitude factor into it? I mean I’m old(65) but not cantankerous.
I am full of crap though

In a way it’s kinda a badge of honor I think

So what do you old farts have to say about this ?

Oh yeah, can females be “old farts” too?

Or just like “ seasoned poofs”?

I’m 55 so an old fart comment in my house comes with problems. The old man has been gone since 06 so can’t call him that either.

Reactions: BrianNole777
My son was born in 2016 and spent 12 weeks in the NICU. One day I walk in and tell the front desk I am there to see “my son”. The response was “what is your GRANDSON’S name?” I was 47 at the time and it knocked me on my ass. I guess being considered old is better than the alternative.

My son was born in 2016 and spent 12 weeks in the NICU. One day I walk in and tell the front desk I am there to see “my son”. The response was “what is your GRANDSON’S name?” I was 47 at the time and it knocked me on my ass. I guess being considered old is better than the alternative.
My dad was 36 with me and I was his first born.

Older parents are the norm in many places now.

I went to my Aunt's church in 2013 a few times and many of the parents there with 3 year olds were 50+ years old.

Reactions: bcherod and ChiefWB
Older parents are the norm in many places now.

I went to my Aunt's church in 2013 a few times and many of the parents there with 3 year olds were 50+ years old.
I guess so, I see as much at my son’s school. And I’m not complaining, I would not change my journey for anything in the world. But that was a kick in the nuts being called grandpa with a barely newborn. 😂

I wonder that too. But only when I tire of wondering why I'm so genetically blessed.
🤔😏
People responding to an Old Fart thread. Very interesting, indeed.. :cool:
You know.., never mind.. :cool: In the immortal words of Col. Flagg (MASH #4077), "I keep myself in an utter state of confusion." I have slowly learned over the years of my emerging emotional maturation that trying to make sense out of any madness only curtails one's quality of life. So I've just learned to leave it alone.... Genetics, in its self, can be a very fickle and an uncanny thing on our Journey to wholeness. But I do deeply admire your positive attributes! :cool: Because some people, who just won't let it go, just focus on genetic deficiencies alone, i.e. Ned Beatty in Deliverance in reference to Billy Banjo; butt well before the incident...

Reactions: goldmom

Okeedokee

I will just have to picture goldmom, standing on a Amelia island beach looking out over the Atlantic ocean
It’s sunrise and you can see the shrimp boats off in the misty distance
Your golden locks are blowing with the breeze as you pose there in that “ thong” bikini showing off just how genetically blessed you are!!

And as you stand there you can hear “ seagull” by bad company off in the distance

Perfect!

• Haha
Reactions: seminoleed
Okeedokee

I will just have to picture goldmom, standing on a Amelia island beach looking out over the Atlantic ocean
It’s sunrise and you can see the shrimp boats off in the misty distance
Your golden locks are blowing with the breeze as you pose there in that “ thong” bikini showing off just how genetically blessed you are!!

And as you stand there you can hear “ seagull” by bad company off in the distance

Perfect!
Circa 1976...pre 9lb. 5 ounce babies.

My first child was born a month after I turned 40; his brother was born about 2.5 years later.

I have a couple of weeks left in my 50s. WTF happened?
I was 42 when our last one was born, but the delay was due to difficulties in getting the missus pregnant. Wouldn't recommend that for everyone, but he's turned out to be a great kid like his brother.

I was 42 when our last one was born, but the delay was due to difficulties in getting the missus pregnant. Wouldn't recommend that for everyone, but he's turned out to be a great kid like his brother.
We had ours fairly early. I'm 55 and all are out and have careers. Were still young enough to be able to travel and enjoy ourselves. Plus I can still outdrive both my sons for now. They don't like the ribbing they get from that.

What state was it in?
Denial

A guy I used to go to games with wound up with a surprise later in life. He was in his 50s when his wife (a bit younger) found out she was with child She wasn't supposed to be able to have any, so it was a big surprise. This is his sr. year of high school. If the FB posts are halfway accurate, this kid is one HELL of an athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT