ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fournette waived

supergreennole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2019
Kind of crazy to see someone with his talent, and production, get waived only 3 years into his career. I'm sure someone will pick him up, lord help the league if it is the Patriots LOL

Kind of crazy to see someone with his talent, and production, get waived only 3 years into his career. I'm sure someone will pick him up, lord help the league if it is the Patriots LOL
My Bucs need that production, but I’d rather have Dalvin lol

Fournette has apparently been a huge problem off the field since he got there. Wasn't really a productivity issue.

They tried to trade him and could not get even a 5th or 6th round pick for him.

This has Miami or Pats written all over it....I could see him balling out for his home team Saints as a 3rd down back with Kamara as well.

Really comes down to who has the cap space, he counts for 4 mil if he gets picked up.

Not aware of off field issues, but I don't think LSU did him much justice by running him 30+ times a game in CFB, especially in the SEC West.

They wore him down to where he really was only going to have a few good seasons in the league, imo.

RB's, especially those of his size, only have so many reps.

Not aware of off field issues, but I don't think LSU did him much justice by running him 30+ times a game in CFB, especially in the SEC West.

They wore him down to where he really was only going to have a few good seasons in the league, imo.

I don't know, his last season was his best season. I think they had soured on him in 2018 with his attitude while he was injured, and even though he was very good for them last year, they wanted to get him out of the locker room.

Reactions: UsafaNole
I don't know, his last season was his best season. I think they had soured on him in 2018 with his attitude while he was injured, and even though he was very good for them last year, they wanted to get him out of the locker room.

His best season so far was 1,152 rushing yards and that was over 15 games (76 yards per game), which isn't terrible at all, but surely not what most expected from him out of LSU.

2017 - 80 yards per game (13 games)
2018 - 55 yards per game (8 games)
2019 - 76 yards per game (15 games)

He is a 3-4 yard per carry type guy, which again isn't terrible, but his dominance in college was what everyone was expecting to see translate to the league, but it just hasn't happened for him for number of reasons.

Maybe a change of scenery, new coaching staff, new admin, etc. is exactly what he needs to "reignite" himself.

Reactions: FSUfan1973

I agree that big boys like Fournette lose their gittyup pretty quick in the NFL. It's kind of the nature of the beast when you're a power runner. Dalvin had many more touches at FSU than Fournette had at LSU, but the SEC is much more physical than the ACC. His issues may be between the ears in terms of attitude and desire. Players need to stay humble and work hard, because opportunities can be gone in a split second. He'll get another chance, but not at $4mil a year.

They will do it to a player at any moment. This is why I'd advise players to invest their money those first 5 years before they buy crazy things or give it away to charities. I would be focusing on starting a business with that money they receive. Unless you are Brady or Drew Brees that has been around awhile and make $20 million plus a year.

Off field issues were him getting arrested for driving with a suspended license. Other stuff was him not taking his hamstring rehab seriously and coming back overweight and out of shape. General poor attitude towards management as well.

Seems to be a trend in Jacksonville though. They need to blow it up and start from scratch.

His issue is that he's not dedicated in Football. Even when he was at LSU he was more about building his Pro Athlete brand then he was about bettering himself as a Football player

Someone will still give him a chance, because he still has value. But how bad do he really want it is the question

Reactions: Warchant1911
Off field issues were him getting arrested for driving with a suspended license. Other stuff was him not taking his hamstring rehab seriously and coming back overweight and out of shape. General poor attitude towards management as well.

Seems to be a trend in Jacksonville though. They need to blow it up and start from scratch.
Biggest thing about him in the positive was him paying off a student’s loans at LSU. I believe he helped a few students out in this regard that were about to have to drop out due to funding. I choose to remember the positive especially if the Bucs pick him up:)

Biggest thing about him in the positive was him paying off a student’s loans at LSU. I believe he helped a few students out in this regard that were about to have to drop out due to funding. I choose to remember the positive especially if the Bucs pick him up:)
I don't really follow the Jags, I just get all the negatives from my super salty Jag buddy lol That is cool of him paying off student loans though.

His best season so far was 1,152 rushing yards and that was over 15 games (76 yards per game), which isn't terrible at all, but surely not what most expected from him out of LSU.

2017 - 80 yards per game (13 games)
2018 - 55 yards per game (8 games)
2019 - 76 yards per game (15 games)

He is a 3-4 yard per carry type guy, which again isn't terrible, but his dominance in college was what everyone was expecting to see translate to the league, but it just hasn't happened for him for number of reasons.

Maybe a change of scenery, new coaching staff, new admin, etc. is exactly what he needs to "reignite" himself.

his dominance in college was over blown any time he faced a real defense like bama or Florida, he would get stuffed. Cook went up against Clemson, Florida, Michigan, etc big time d lines and just ran all over them.

You can come be a Falcon with me. They make slightly fewer dumb decisions, but still enough for you to feel comfortable lol
I flipped to the Falcons for a bit when Warrick Dunn was traded to them. I will flake on a team in the NFL to follow our guys lol. I’m not as dedicated to the NFL as I am my Noles and Braves.

I mainly pull for the Bucs to listen to Gene make calls on the radio. It was great getting to listen to him enjoy going crazy over Warrick in Tampa. I was so sad when he got traded. It was also great listening with Brad being QB1 and the SB year.

He is one of those guys who doesn't really like playing football. That is more common than most people think. It is hard to overcome that antiphony year after year no matter how good a football body you have.

Reactions: UsafaNole
his dominance in college was over blown any time he faced a real defense like bama or Florida, he would get stuffed. Cook went up against Clemson, Florida, Michigan, etc big time d lines and just ran all over them.

I don't blame the lack of performance against Bama and FL on Fournette.

It is not his fault that Miles literally ran over and over and over again into the teeth of their front 7-8's.

Fournette had average QB play around him, but worse was an offensive playbook that would not take advantage of the talent they had at WR's.

If I was Bama's DC against him, I would've done the same thing.

Fournette stated coming out of College that the SEC was tougher than the NFL and he would light it up. Take away a few long runs he had every year and his average yards per carry was about 3 yards.

Another overrated/under preforming SEC running back.

Go Noles!

I don't blame the lack of performance against Bama and FL on Fournette.

It is not his fault that Miles literally ran over and over and over again into the teeth of their front 7-8's.

Fournette had average QB play around him, but worse was an offensive playbook that would not take advantage of the talent they had at WR's.

If I was Bama's DC against him, I would've done the same thing.

And cook had great QB play his last two years? What about LSU's oline vs FSUs in 2015 and 2016 ?

Fournette is a very athletic human, is big and can run fast. His football instincts are lacking and he can't find a hole unless it is wide open.

And cook had great QB play his last two years? What about LSU's oline vs FSUs in 2015 and 2016 ?

Fournette is a very athletic human, is big and can run fast. His football instincts are lacking and he can't find a hole unless it is wide open.

Maybe you misinterpreted what I was saying.

FSU's offensive scheme under Jimbo was fairly well balanced with rush to pass for the most part. LSU's under Miles was heavy rush to pass, which is difficult for the likes of a Fournette (or really any RB for that matter) against loaded defenses like Bama and UF.

As for the QB play, Smag was meh in 2015, but Francois was good in 2016. I can't even name the QB's LSU had with Fournette as they all appeared to be WR type guys being asked to play QB.

And there you go. Fournette to the Bucs!

Fournette's talent and ability have never been in question. Getting a fresh start in an environment where winning is expected and demanded (as well as a one-year "prove it" contract) hopefully...both for the Bucs and my fantasy teams that have him...will be just what the doctor ordered to nudge him into playing to his potential.

Fournette's talent and ability have never been in question. Getting a fresh start in an environment where winning is expected and demanded (as well as a one-year "prove it" contract) hopefully...both for the Bucs and my fantasy teams that have him...will be just what the doctor ordered to nudge him into playing to his potential.
I hope he reaches his full potential with us. Come on down Mr. Fournette! You’re the next contestant on the best roller coaster ride in the NFL! Keep your hands inside the ride at all times and hold on tight!

Reactions: NoleLizards
I hope he reaches his full potential with us. Come on down Mr. Fournette! You’re the next contestant on the best roller coaster ride in the NFL! Keep your hands inside the ride at all times and hold on tight!
The Bucs' amount talent on both sides of the ball is mind-blowing. We'll have to see how quickly the offense gels in light of all of the new pieces and unusually truncated off/preseason.

The Bucs' amount talent on both sides of the ball is mind-blowing. We'll have to see how quickly the offense gels in light of all of the new pieces and unusually truncated off/preseason.
I believe this might be the only time in my life except when we won the SB that it is harder to find gear especially for big men from the Bucs. The bandwagon train is loaded up and ready for the Super Bowl lol. C’mon down to Florida with that patriots money New England!

Even if Tom doesn’t bring us to the SB for what he has done and also Gronk the attention and money...they were worth every penny. I miss having Jaboo tho.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I believe this might be the only time in my life except when we won the SB that it is harder to find gear especially for big men from the Bucs. The bandwagon train is loaded up and ready for the Super Bowl lol. C’mon down to Florida with that patriots money New England!

Even if Tom doesn’t bring us to the SB for what he has done and also Gronk the attention and money...they were worth every penny. I miss having Jaboo tho.
I miss Jameis as well, but at least he's landed on his feet in NOLA. He has a year to prove his worth there...and if he's successful, he'll likely inherit the drivership of Sean Payton's Ferrari once Brees soon retires.

As a Falcons fan I sencerely hope to see the Bucs crash and burn :p but I gotta admit y'all look NASTY on paper.

As a Falcons fan I sencerely hope to see the Bucs crash and burn :p but I gotta admit y'all look NASTY on paper.
Atlanta's loaded in its own right provided the Falcons can stay healthy. The NFC South should be a bloodbath this season. (Incidentally, I'm formerly a Dolphins fan...long story. Don't personally have a team anymore per se, but I do have a bit of a soft spot for Tampa due to both proximity and the franchise's historical penchant for hosting former Noles.)

Just saw where Arians says that Jones is "still their guy" and that Fournette was added as insurance against nicks and such. Anybody buying this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT