ADVERTISEMENT

Other than being fairly close to Tally.....

Sure, lots of reasons.

First, I imagine the cost of living is incredibly low. Second...Second....ummm..

are there any other positives to living in Lake City?

Kens BBQ is either a Fat Boys survivor or clone that is much better than Sonny's. It's my second favorite bbq (after Goodman's in Perry) place within 2 hours of Tallahassee. Go to original, apparently it has two offshoots that are not supposedly as good.

After that...its got a steak and shake which I think is the most underrated burger in 'Mericuh, a Popeyes (which after Bojangles and Maryland is the best chain chicken houses) and a Krystal (which is great hangover food).

I live in Lake City right now and coach at Suwannee High in Live Oak. Not the worst place I've lived, just not a lot to do. Few good restaurants but nothing special, good people though.

I live in Lake City right now and coach at Suwannee High in Live Oak. Not the worst place I've lived, just not a lot to do. Few good restaurants but nothing special, good people though.

I see there is a really nice baseball complex in Lake City. Which travel ball organization is big in that area?? So, Lake city is a small basically a small town type atmosphere?

Go have a beer with Kelly Lowrey and have him tell you war stories, that will make 1 fun afternoon. JK, I know a lot of good people/good Noles in lake City.

Living in a middle of nowhere city is what you make it. The people there are usually very unintelligent and all the young people (17-23) probably have like 3 kids and a divorce already. If you have a family there with you to be around then you can make good out of it. It will be a lot cheaper and less traffic.

Living in a middle of nowhere city is what you make it. The people there are usually very unintelligent and all the young people (17-23) probably have like 3 kids and a divorce already. If you have a family there with you to be around then you can make good out of it. It will be a lot cheaper and less traffic.

Easy to get to Itchetucknee Springs.

Ah yes, one of the string of pearls along Highway 90 east. Love them all, some more than others -

Baldwin :(

Macclenny ;)

Glen St. Mary ;)

Sanderson :(

Lake City :eek:

Live Oak :)

Lee :(

Madison :)

Greenville :(

Monticello :)

You can join the infamous End Time Ministries cult and move into the Southwood subdiv in Lake City with them. Pretty fascinating, twisted group. Their leader said that when the end of the world comes, only those living in Lake City will be saved. So there's that.

Not much worth anything in Lake City. Its close to Jacksonville and Tallahassee, that's about it.

ADVERTISEMENT