ADVERTISEMENT

OU"s On Field Behavior

nolz1

Starter
Nov 13, 2001
I get enthusiasm and competitive excitement. But screaming and jumping up and down on a walk? A bench clearing celebration for a center fielder's put out at second base? All with a 4 or 5 run lead. I could go on.

Maybe it's a Gasso tactic to intimidate the opponent, but it obnoxious and lacks any kind of sportsmanship or respect for the other team. It really diminishes how good OU is. This is not a spilt milk thing.

But act like you've been there, and they have been there plenty of times. Too bad Gasso condones this behavior, it takes away from what her players are accomplishing.

I get enthusiasm and competitive excitement. But screaming and jumping up and down on a walk? A bench clearing celebration for a center fielder's put out at second base? All with a 4 or 5 run lead. I could go on.

Maybe it's a Gasso tactic to intimidate the opponent, but it obnoxious and lacks any kind of sportsmanship or respect for the other team. It really diminishes how good OU is. This is not a spilt milk thing.

But act like you've been there, and they have been there plenty of times. Too bad Gasso condones this behavior, it takes away from what her players are accomplishing.
I tend to agree. I tkink it is a bit over the top at times and quite annoying actually 🙃

Gasso probably encourages it so the crowd gets rowdy and it is intimidating to other team and umpires. NCAA ad is would you act like this at a recital? But will they do anything? We all know the answer. Sooners need to show some class !!!!!!!

Reactions: goldmom

It is in their coaching and DNA.

Reminds me somewhat of the Tennessee men’s baseball team and their arrogance. I took pleasure in them losing. As said previously it makes them unlikeable and they truly are a great team.

Enthusiasm is one thing, but when their antics start showing up the umpire like flipping the bat and heading toward first base on a called strike is when they need a warning as a team. Maybe that will calm their dumb asses down and show the game some respect.

Gasso probably encourages it so the crowd gets rowdy and it is intimidating to other team and umpires. NCAA ad is would you act like this at a recital? But will they do anything? We all know the answer. Sooners need to show some class !!!!!!!
You used Sooners and class in the same sentence? 🤔

Reactions: NoleDude1990
Very similar to how scum acted in their prime…. Nobody will ever describe them as classy. It seems to come from the top with the way their coach acts and talks in interviews. But hey, as long as they continue winning it won’t change.

Reactions: fredfarkle336

They are a perfect addition to the SEC. Beth Mowins understood that😎

They are a perfect addition to the SEC. Beth Mowins understood that😎
I agree. Celebrating a routine fly ball to the warning track as you come off the field just looks stupid.
I always thought running to first base on a called strike instead of a walk was showing up the umpire. OU not only does it but, too the extreme.
Honestly though I have watched Bahl quite a bit and her antics as a pitcher have always come across to me as over the top cocky.
That didn't to seem as bad against us. I was honestly surprised at her post game interview where she was emotional and not cocky at all. She actually gave a little credit to us.
Gasso however other than giving Sandercock some credit never has given any credit to us.

What inspired me to start this thread was when their centerfielder was batting, turned and threw the bat down with both hands at Edenfield's feet, screamed at the top of her lungs, flexed her arms as she went backwards toward 1st base . . . . on a WALK!

That did it for me. Their coach promotes and condones it. Makes them very unlikable and overshadows their abilities and accomplishments.

• Angry
Reactions: NoleLizards
There’s articles out now about how “faith based” they are as a team.
You gotta laugh.

There’s articles out now about how “faith based” they are as a team.
You gotta laugh.
Which "faith"??

jon lovitz devil GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT