ADVERTISEMENT

People that drive you crazy at work

Osceola1728

Starter
Mar 29, 2002
This one person I work with is a chronic winer. I can't stand it. Its like they have the Eeyore syndrome with the black cloud hanging overhead. Any of you work with a person that drives you nutts?

Had one who called out every week with a medical condition supposedly of indigestion issues. He eventually left but not before calling out one day a week, 9 weeks in a row. Each time having a note that he went to the doctor. No clue if it was legit medical or not.

Person in the office next to me is really loud and animated. Drives me nuts...

I also used to work with a "close talker"....you know, the one who has to be right up in your grill when they talk to you and has no concept of neutral space.

People who take 5-6 smoke breaks a day and then say they are too busy to get certain things done.

Or the person that constantly talks about how busy they are but in reality, they don't have anything going other than trying to look busy. Freaking drama queens.

Reactions: NoleGreg10
Two of my fellow managers drag their feet when they walk.

I can't stand that.

Computer users. After 25 years of IT and computer support I am soooooo sick of their whining and the same stupid questions over and over. 2 more months and I am done with that nonsense.

Reactions: Nole305
People who take 5-6 smoke breaks a day and then say they are too busy to get certain things done.
In my 15 years consulting, I learned that typically the most productive and useful workers in IT are almost all smokers. Also, they most productive non smokers tend to take breaks with the smokers. The human mind only works efficiently if given breaks and there are numerous studies that prove that.

http://m.theatlantic.com/business/a...s-should-you-take-a-break-for-work-17/380369/

Computer users. After 25 years of IT and computer support I am soooooo sick of their whining and the same stupid questions over and over. 2 more months and I am done with that nonsense.
I bet you have nerd level WiFi...

I have one co-worker who is the grumpiest person I have ever met. There are literally no things he is ever happy about. He could win money and find a way to complain about it. He's a nice guy, but I've never known someone with such a negative view on life.

Reactions: dmm5157
Got a few of the ones mentioned above:
  • Constant smoke break guy that is too busy to do his work
  • "Sunshine" guy that is always in a super grumpy mood, negative about everything
  • The socializer: Always in the break room talking to people instead of working. I can hear them about 50% of the day from down the hall.
The one that used to get on my nerves the most doesn't come by the office much anymore (works outside our office on a staff extension project). He has a giant keyring with like 30 keys on it and clips it to his belt loop janitor style. Walks around with goofy steps and jingles his keys as he walks, drives most people over here nuts. He also walks looking down at his phone everywhere he walks, and just randomly will stop walking in the middle of the hallway (literally in the middle, doesn't stay to the side), even when people are walking behind him. Just oblivious to everyone around him. Worst of all, he's a really loud phone talker and works out in a cube. When he's in the office, he's usually on the phone and is yelling out commands to an automated service to do his work.

Glad he's not around much anymore. Things are much nicer now.

Overhead that complain about their job. Just get the damn thing to work and go back to your cube and let the rain makers work.

There is a special place in hell for people that touch one of my computer screens with their greasy peasant fingers. You don't need to touch the freakin' screen to show me where to look.

Also the woman across the hall from me talks loudly to herself all day long, she is also has a super annoying HEHEHE laugh even though she's like 50, I've learned to tone her out, but come on man.

This one person I work with is a chronic winer. I can't stand it. Its like they have the Eeyore syndrome with the black cloud hanging overhead. Any of you work with a person that drives you nutts?

I once worked with a woman whose photo could have been posted next to the following:

"Histrionic personality disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of attention seeking behavior and extreme emotionality. Someone with histrionic personality disorder wants to be the center of attention in any group of people, and feel uncomfortable when they are not. While often lively, interesting and sometimes dramatic, they have difficulty when people aren’t focused exclusively on them. People with this disorder may be perceived as being shallow, and may engage in sexually seductive or provocative behavior to draw attention to themselves."

She was so inappropriate...it was embarassing for her.

I have two:

- one lady who gives a play-by-play of whatever she's doing at the moment
-people who finish my sentences

The people that annoy me at work are the ones that go on social media or message boards to complain about their coworkers. I mean why not be an adult and advise them to correct annoying behavior.

Last edited:
The ones that ask my opinion of what to do, then do the exact opposite, and well they should have listened to me. Now I have to fix their f'ups.

I call them Ask-holes.

I'm the warehouse manager so this is specific: The people who think anything in the warehouse is free to them.
"I'm moving, so I'm taking some of these boxes."
Oh, you mean these unused boxes we bought to ship with......as in paid for, with company money, that hits the P&L, that is the main basis for any bonuses, those boxes?
"I'm having a bonfire this weekend, which stack of pallets should take from?"
Pallets we paid for, to use for shipping....please see the previous response.
"I need some packing material for my crafts project"
Paid for.
"I need the tape gun."
Sure, but the tape's not free, paid for it.
"I took the (insert taken item here) for my Ebay business"
Great, can I have them back, or should I have HR take it out of your next paycheck?
"I borrowed the dolly to move this weekend but I forgot and left it at home"
No prob, I'll just take the keyboard and mouse off your desk, until I get it back. Go home and get it!

Singers that can't keep the form of the tune straight and constantly skip measures as was the case last night when one singer skipped parts of the tune three times.

I work from the house...the thought of ever having to work from an office again makes me want to hide under my bed....gives me nightmares!

One git I work with. Nice guy, but when we have to go into a communications closet to work and he calls back to the shop for something he's so loud like he is yelling on the phone. People come out of their offices to see what's going on. I always have to tell him to lower his voice (very animated) this guy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT