ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 21 AT&T Byron Nelson Final Leaderboard

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • ToddFirstLook-847-Tom%20Pennington.jpg
    The TOUR heads back to TPC Four Seasons Resort where Brendon Todd won his first title last year. (Tom Pennington/Getty Images)
• FIELD: Click here to see who's set to tee it up at TPC Four Seasons Resort for the AT&T Byron Nelson.

• COURSE: TPC Four Seasons Resort at Las Colinas, 7,166 yards, par 70. Originally a Jay Morrish creation, the course underwent a major overhaul in 2007 by D.A. Weibring and Steve Wolfard. The revamped layout features large, undulating greens, encouraging players to use slopes to work their shots closer to the pin – but with runoffs and closely mown areas just off the putting surface to penalize poor shots. Weibring/Wolfard also did extensive tree landscaping that brings creeks and ponds more into play. The 18th hole features a unique “water cascade” that extends from the landing area to the green.

• FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

• CHARITY: The Momentous Institute, which serves some 6,000 troubled children and family members in the Dallas-Fort Worth area each year with therapeutic and education services. The tournament has raised $137 million since its launch in 1968.

• FIELD WATCH: Masters champion Jordan Spieth, who got his first PGA TOUR taste on a Nelson invite at age 16, and 2010 winner Jason Day top a lineup that includes 10 of the top 30 in the Official World Golf Ranking. … Patrick Rodgers, who nearly earned Special Temporary status with his tie for second at Quail Hollow, will try to finish the job at Las Colinas. … Dallas resident and 2007 champion Scott Verplank is set for his 27th start in the event, tying Ben Crenshaw for third on the all-time list. Lanny Wadkins and Tom Watson have played in one more. … Cameron Smith, a 21-year-old Australian who tied for fifth at the CIMB Classic and 15th at the RBC Heritage, tees it up on a sponsor exemption.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 261, Rory Sabbatini (2009).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 60, Arron Oberholser (2nd round, 2006 at Cottonwood Valley GC), Keegan Bradley (1st round, 2013 at TPC Four Seasons).

• LAST YEAR: Brendon Todd notched his first PGA TOUR victory, outpacing Mike Weir by two after a bogey-free final day. Todd closed with a 4-under-par 66, including a critical par at the par-3 13th when he needed to play left-handed from next to a tree alongside the green. The Atlanta pro wound up going bogey-free over his final 31 holes, including another par save at No.17 to keep his two-shot lead going to the final hole. Weir (67) birdied four of his first five holes on the way to his best finish since a runner-up showing at Pebble Beach in 2009. It also was the left-hander’s first top-25 since 2010, shortly before he was derailed by a torn elbow ligament. Scottie Scheffler, the reigning U.S. Junior Amateur champion, tied for 22nd.

• STORYLINES: Spieth plays his hometown event for the first time as a major champion, hoping to regain the form that set records on the way to Augusta National’s green jacket. A pair of top-20s followed the Masters, but he missed the cut at THE PLAYERS. … Though Dustin Johnson owns three top-10 finishes in his past four visits to TPC Las Colinas, he hasn’t been close enough to challenge for the title on Sundays. Johnson’s best finish was fourth in 2009. … Former Colonial champions Zach Johnson, Kenny Perry and Boo Weekley seek to become the 16th man to win both Dallas-Fort Worth events in their career. Adam Scott accomplished it with last year’s win at Colonial, also making him first to complete the “Texas Grand Slam.”

• SHORT CHIPS: Todd’s victory made him the fourth man in the past five years to record his first PGA TOUR win at the AT&T Byron Nelson, joining Sangmoon Bae (2013), Keegan Bradley (2011) and Day (2010). … Nine of the past 15 winners, including Todd, have done it with all four rounds in the 60s. Last year, five of the top six broke 70 all four days. ... Barring any late WDs, a total of 51 players will have teed it up at all four Texas stops this year.

• TELEVISION: Thursday-Friday, 4-7 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1-2:30 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS).

• RADIO: Thursday-Friday, 1-7 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 1-6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com).

Updated leaderboard , little change through this week . DFS still holding strong at the top spot
Current%20Leaderboard%20through%20Crown%20Plaza_zpsk1qdpa6l.png

Congrats to NIA! Guess this means you should be the new permanent commish, huh?

Brandt Snedeker
Jason Day
Keegan Bradley
Justin Thomas

Dustin Johnson
Zack Johnson
Mark Leishman
Brendan Todd

And this ceding the commissionership? Hell, he's got me in 4th place with 2 points more than the the 3rd place Bobcat? ;)

I saw an article this AM that said 12 players withdrew for various reasons from the tourney. That is rather odd for that many to withdraw I would think.

There were a bunch of late WDs, with some chatter that there's been a lot of griping about the condition of the course. On the toughness scale, PGA tour players fall somewhere lower than NHL players.

From the list of WDs I saw, I think the following were picked by some: Day, Poulter, Ooouuustie. Not sure if there were others.

The speculation that I'd read is that the sudden injury bug may have more to do with the fact that the course is already about under water, and there is a lot more rain in the forecast for the next few days - so lots of rain delays, with a decent chance of a Monday finish and/or a shortened tournament.

Jimmy Walker can sit on a stick of dyn-o-mite as far as I'm concerned. Picked him last week, and he couldn't even break par.

He is an up and down player. I did the same last week as well. You try and find consistency but he has not been.

I really debated taking Kuchar. He was the last guy I picked after looking at many other players. He is not having a good season at all. Certainly not by his standards.

No one with 54 hole leader , former Valero Champ Bowditch ,
8 players with DJ who is in a battle for the crown with a crowded leaderboard.

league office note
Ed's choice of a Zack Johnson is under review.
The fact Ed was the league member who mentioned the official spreadsheet did not update positional standings properly has zero bearing on such scrutiny.

Handling this weeks review is Sepp Blatter, if a person can get to the root of a problem about corruption and scandal, it is the five term President of FIFA. I look forward to his findings.

No one with 54 hole leader , former Valero Champ Bowditch ,
8 players with DJ who is in a battle for the crown with a crowded leaderboard.

league office note
Ed's choice of a Zack Johnson is under review.
The fact Ed was the league member who mentioned the official spreadsheet did not update positional standings properly has zero bearing on such scrutiny.

Handling this weeks review is Sepp Blatter, if a person can get to the root of a problem about corruption and scandal, it is the five term President of FIFA. I look forward to his findings.

:D Good stuff, NIA.

Couple league notes before final leaderboard.
With so many ties fed ex cup points had numerous decimal points this week, so .5 and above was rounded up for scoring purposes.

After an exhaustive 45 minute call with Sepp, who could not stop talking about an awesome brand new set of Bobby Bowden Pings he received via Fed Ex from someone with FSU ties , there was no evidence found of wrongdoing on ed's part , so he was awarded points for his Zack Johnson selection.

congratulations to this weeks winner
SeaPa
Byron%20Nelson%20Leaderboard_zpsp9mc5e3p.png

will post updated leaderboard and thread for Jacks tourney in a few minutes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT