ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 27 The John Deere Classic

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • SpiethFirstLook-847-Sarah%20Crabill.jpg
    Jordan Spieth is making his first TOUR start since winning the U.S. Open. (Sarah Crabill/Getty Images)
• FIELD: Click here to see who's set to tee it up at TPC Deere Run for the 2015 John Deere Classic.

• COURSE: TPC Deere Run, 7,268 yards, par 71. Built on the site of a long-ago tribal village that later housed an Arabian horse-breeding operation, D.A. Weibring’s 1999 design features breathtaking views in the rolling woodlands alongside the Rock River. Dramatic elevation changes frame several holes, notably the downhill 14th that measures 358 yards but can be set up as a drivable par-4. Typically a place that yields low scores, Deere Run carved its place in the record book five years ago when Paul Goydos carded just the fourth 59 recorded on the PGA TOUR. Eventual winner Steve Stricker shot 60 that day.

• FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

• CHARITY: More than 500 Quad Cities organizations receive donations from the John Deere Classic’s “Badges for Charity” program, which raised $6.3 million during last year’s edition. The tournament annually ranks No.1 in charity donations per capita on the PGA TOUR.

• FIELD WATCH: Jordan Spieth, just the sixth man to win the Masters and U.S. Open in the same year, tops the marquee along with Iowa native and 2012 champion Zach Johnson. … Recent winners Fabian Gomez (FedEx St. Jude) and Steven Bowditch (AT&T Byron Nelson) also are among seven of this season’s champions to commit to Deere Run. … Stricker, a three-time John Deere winner, makes just his seventh start of 2015 in his return from back surgery. … Reigning NCAA champion Bryson DeChambeau (SMU) will tee it up on a sponsor invite, along with fellow college standouts Lee McCoy (Georgia) and Brian Campbell (Illinois).

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 258, Steve Stricker (2010).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 59, Paul Goydos (1st round, 2010).

• LAST YEAR: Brian Harman captured his first PGA TOUR crown, using three consecutive birdies down the stretch to pull away from Zach Johnson’s surge with a 5-under 66. A string of three birdies in five holes lifted Johnson into a tie as Harman approached the 14th tee, where the Georgia pro drove into a greenside bunker at the short par-4 and drained a 14-foot birdie putt. Additional birdies at Nos.15 and 16 re-established a two-shot cushion, where a closing bogey didn’t hurt him. Johnson’s 64 was the best round of the day, giving him a second runner-up finish to go with his 2012 triumph – when Harman happened to be his playing partner. Spieth (66) finished seventh in his first title defense.

• STORYLINES: Spieth, last seen trying to fully grasp his dramatic win at Chambers Bay, returns to the site of his first PGA TOUR win for his only tuneup before heading to St. Andrews for next week’s Open Championship. … Johnson, a Cedar Rapids native and JDC board member, has finished outside the top three just once in his past six visits, during which he has gone a combined 105-under par and all 24 rounds have been in the 60s. He also was runner-up in 2009 and shared third in 2011. … Stricker takes another shot at becoming the Classic’s first four-time winner. His run from 2009-11 remains the last time anyone has won a PGA TOUR event in three consecutive years. … The final Open Championship berth next week awaits the highest top-5 finisher who hasn’t already punched his ticket to St. Andrews.

• SHORT CHIPS: A total of 15 entrants at Deere Run already have qualified for next week’s Open Championship lineup. A charter flight awaits them Sunday night, provided by Deere Classic officials each year to fly them across the Atlantic. … Stricker and Campbell are among five University of Illinois alumni in the field, joined by D.A. Points, Scott Langley and Luke Guthrie. … Actor Bill Murray is a surprise addition to Wednesday’s pro-am lineup, reuniting with Points for a day at Deere Run. The duo won the team competition at the 2012 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, with Points also winning the individual crown.

• TELEVISION: Thursday-Friday, 4-7 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1-2:30 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS).

• RADIO: Thursday-Friday, 1-7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, 1-6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com

This tourney is all about the tee markers...
deere_1000.jpg

DFS still leading the way

leaderboard%20through%20greenbrier%20updated_zps7u6u3rui.gif

Last edited:
Just a question about the scoring. Last week before the Greenbriar I had a total of 10,038 pts. This week after the Greenbriar I have less than 10,000. I assume there was an addition error somewhere along the way?

Just a question about the scoring. Last week before the Greenbriar I had a total of 10,038 pts. This week after the Greenbriar I have less than 10,000. I assume there was an addition error somewhere along the way?

BIll you are correct. Looks like i did not sort before i posted. I will fix when i get home

Gentleman and DFS,
I have updated the overall leaderboard.
There were 4 lines that were not sorting and it got some numbers jacked up going back a few weeks. I have verified all individual scores dating back to The Players and fixed my spreadsheet so we should have no issues going forward.

thank you to BFT for catching the error this am

To all participants please accept my apology for the errors and let me know if you would like a copy of the spreadsheet to verify results.

NiA

I preferred the version that had me in 2nd place.

Man, I so considered Justin Thomas, He didn't make my final cut for this week b/c of that meltdown last week in the 4th round and too many missed cuts.

The only reason I didn't was he has cut back his schedule and has not been the competitive factor he was during that run of three straight at this tourney.

what a 61, 3 hit flags and too many to count gimmes . The 2nd on 17 was a heck of a shot that of course allowed the hole out

it will be interesting to see how his off the course earning power develops

all active players in our tourney of course picked Spieth, so should be a good scoring week

Remember in The Matrix when Morpheus says regarding Neo, "He is the One."?? Anyone else reminded of that quote by the play of young Mr. Spieth?

Last edited:
Not good first hole for Spieth at all. He used a three wood off the tee and still missed the fairway. That does not say he has a lot of confidence in his driver today.

I had a dream the night before I picked that involved a voice saying, "Ed, pick Willis. Ed, pick Willis...." over and over.
Saw there wasn't a Willis, so.................... :(

Absolutely amazing. The man is flailing all around the first nine. Only pars the par five 10th. Looks like he is running out of holes to catch the leader. And sure enough he does and wins the dadgum thing in sudden death. The guy is just fun to watch. I really thought he was done after the 12th. He has ice in his veins. Another memorable moment in his career and at the John Deere.

I was hoping Gillis could pull it out, but once Jordan tied him on 17 it did not look promising . Nice win for Spieth heading into the Open.
Congratulations to this weeks winner
John%20Deere%20Winner_zpsvysueplw.png

will have updated leaderboard up in a few, hopefully mistake free ;)

stupid gwen stefanis brother choked today and cost me a shot ...a damn 76

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT