ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 29 The RBC Canadian Open

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • GettyImages-174492931.jpg
  • Hunter Mahan hopes to pick up where he left off in 2013. (Hunter Martin/Getty Images)
• FIELD: Click here to see who's set to tee it up at Glen Abbey GC for the RBC Canadian Open.

• COURSE: Glen Abbey GC, 7,273 yards, par 72. Opened in 1977, Jack Nicklaus’ first solo design serves as home of the Royal Canadian Golf Association, staging 22 consecutive Open editions before the RCGA began to rotate venues again. This will be the 27th Open held at Glen Abbey, which also houses the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame. The back nine features the “Valley Holes”, starting with a tee shot at No.11 to a fairway some 60 feet below, then following Sixteen Mile Creek for three holes before eventually climbing out at No.16. The 18th hole is where Tiger Woods struck one of his greatest shots, a daring 6-iron from a fairway bunker over a lake to 12 feet for a clinching birdie in 2000.

• FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

• CHARITY: Ronald McDonald House Charities Canada, which operates 14 homes in Canada and offers families of seriously ill or injured children a place to live while their child receives treatment. Over the years, Canada’s national open has raised more than $45 million for charity.

• FIELD WATCH: Jim Furyk, twice a Canadian Open champion, is joined by Bubba Watson and Jason Day to headline a roster that features five of the top 15 in this week’s world rankings. … Nick Taylor, whose win in Mississippi made him the PGA TOUR’s first Canadian victor since 2007, and David Hearn head a contingent of 13 native sons in the field. The lineup also includes amateur Garrett Rank, whose day job is as an NHL referee. … A notable absence will be former Masters champ Mike Weir, who announced Friday he’s taking time off from the TOUR. … The lineup includes 27 players returning from the British Open at St. Andrews.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 263, Johnny Palmer (1952 at St. Charles CC), Scott Piercy (2012 at Hamilton G&CC), Tim Clark (2014 at Royal Montreal GC). Glen Abbey record: 266, Tiger Woods (2000).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 60, Carl Pettersson (3rd round, 2010 at St. George’s G&CC). Glen Abbey record: 62, Leonard Thompson (2nd round, 1981), Andy Bean (4th round, 1983), Greg Norman (3rd round, 1986), John Merrick (2nd round, 2013).

• LAST YEAR: Tim Clark birdied five of his last eight holes for a one-shot triumph at Royal Montreal, ending a four-year win drought while prolonging Jim Furyk’s. Clark’s 5-under-par 65 was enough to overcome a three-shot gap to start the day. A birdie at the par-4 11th started the South African’s finishing flourish, moving in front with a birdie at No.16 following a short rain delay. Another birdie followed at No.17, and Furyk could only match Clark’s par at No.18 in his hopes to force a playoff. Furyk dropped to 0-for-7 with a 54-hole lead since last winning at the 2010 TOUR Championship. Clark, meantime, celebrated his second PGA TOUR win and first since THE PLAYERS in 2010.

• STORYLINES: Clark, forced to cancel British Open plans because of visa glitches, instead will focus on trying to become the Canadian Open’s second back-to-back champion since 1951. Furyk successfully defended his title in 2007. … Hunter Mahan, who walked away from the 36-hole lead two years ago at Glen Abbey to attend the birth of his first child, returns in hopes of taking care of unfinished business. He has just three top-10 finishes this season. … Only five weeks remain in the FedExCup regular season, as jockeying starts to heat up for one of 125 spots at The Barclays playoff opener.

Congratulations to last weeks winner..NoleLizards
Leaderboard%20after%20The%20Open_zpsvzl4ploy.png

Last edited:
So...... It was the caddie's fault.

Allenby fires caddie after club disagreement

OAKVILLE, Ontario -- Robert Allenby’s day couldn’t have gone much worse Thursday at the RBC Canadian Open.

The 44-year-old fired his caddie, Mick Meddlemo, after a disagreement over club selection. Allenby later withdrew after a 9-over 81.

The Australian told SCOREGolf.com that disagreements with his caddie had become a common occurrence.

“I said to him, ‘You know this happens every week. This has happened for like, the last three or four or five months. We keep making bad mistakes and you’re not helping me in these circumstances.’”

On the advice of Meddlemo, Allenby hit an 8-iron – instead of the 7-iron Allenby thought was the right club – into the green at the par-5 13th. The shot with the 8-iron ended up in a creek. Allenby proceeded to make a triple-bogey on the hole.

“He just lost the plot at me,” Allenby said. “He got right in my face as if he wanted to just beat me up. I said, ‘Stop being a such-and-such and calm down and get back into the game.’ And he just got even closer and closer and I just said, ‘That’s it, you’re sacked.’ I said, ‘I will never have you caddie again.’”

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2015/07/23/robert-allenby-fires-caddie.html

Not surprisingly, the caddie's version of what went down is different from Allenby's story. I think this is the THIRD time he's had a caddie quit mid-round. Either Allenby's a complete horses ass, or he has had horrible luck in picking caddies. If forced to bet who's the problem, I think I'll go with Allenby.

Wow...I had actually typed in Delaet's name when I was originally making my picks before changing. Perhaps my luck is improving.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
No one with Hearn this week ,
4 picked Furyk and Day so should be a good finish for the RBC ( currently all 3 at top of leaderboard are sponsored by RBC) and the PGSF tourney

what a putt for Day..forces Hearn and Bubba to get the eagle

Great final round , fun tournament with the 3 par fives n the last 7 holes
what a putt by Day, awesome finish

congratulations to this weeks winner DFS

RBC%20Final_zps0iy9uy1y.png

will post updated leaderboard shortly in Quicken Thread

Disappointing 4th round by Koepka. I expected Kuchar to have the difficult final round. Oh well.

I like the way they have that course set up where you can have players make a run in those final holes.

ADVERTISEMENT