ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF Mock Draft - Bobcat07/Houston Texans on the clock

Re: PGSF Mock Draft - NoleinATL/Atlanta Falcons on the clock

I personally like the Scherff selection for the Jets. I want to see Mariota succeed, but I DON'T think being thrown into the broiler that is NYC would be good for a subdued guy like him who's going to have to learn the intricacies of a pro style offense on the job. Besides, I actually like Geno Smith...He's finished each of his first two seasons strongly while weathering the fire storm there in New York. I think he's mentally tough and should blossom with an improved cast around him if given the chance. Strengthening the o-line with Scherff would help greatly in that regard.

With the 8th pick in the 2015 PGSF NFL Mock Draft
The Stlanta Falcons select

Randy Gregory, DE Nebraska

Drafting on potential always makes a GM nervous
But Quinn had succsess with Irvin who was consider small during the 2012
Draft amd Gregory has all pro potential and anything is better
Than what the Falcons had on d
Line last year

Great pick. If Gregory is available, whoever hands the Falcons' pick to the commissioner may well pull a hammy running up to the table. This dude's an absolute freak of nature, and Atlanta hasn't had a decent pass rusher since John Abraham was in his prime.

Mariota is not an NFL QB, period, The Jets need a QB, period and after Winston I don't think there is another QB in this draft. I just noticed that Walter has Tennessee grabbing Mariota again, please, please, please..... I would love to see Williams drop to #4 and the Raiders grabbing a WR with the 35th pick (I think the Raiders can still trade down if Winston and Mariota are off the board and get an extra pick to grab another WR and still get a decent mid-round pick to shore up the defense), but again, if that were to happen where Tennessee grabs Mariota, I doubt that Williams gets past the Jaguars.

Am I the only thinking that Fowler is not all that good to be a top 5? I see him more as an Alex Brown type player in the NFL. Weren't the Noles real close to getting a commitment from him?

The Jets have talent on defense, so this might not be a bad pick at all (Scherff).

Is Fitzpatrick the Dilfer type QB, just don't make any mistakes?

Jet fans are Jet fans and would boo Joe Namath if he walked into the room sober while making out with Suzy Kolber!

Jim65, did you draft Beasley as DE or OLB? With the NYGiants on the clock, Beasley would have been the perfect, stereotypical Giants pick.

I see the Raiders just signed Trent Richardson......
laugh.r191677.gif
If Darren McFadden can stay healthy, he will get better numbers than Murray did. If McFadden matches Murray's 57 receptions, he will destroy Murray's 416 receiving yards. If McFadden gets 392 carries, there is no way that he doesn't get injured. Too much sand in the clit will land McFadden on the IR in a cocaine heartbeat.

I'll do a write up later.

The NY Giants select at #9 WR Amari Cooper from Alabama.

I will say this write now, that if this scenario plays out (i.e. Mariota will available at #9 I hope the Giants trade down to #20 with Philly and get like a #2 this year and #1 and maybe a #3 next year as well (I can't remember the exact formula for pick value but I like the idea of getting a bucket load from the Eagles to move down).

Manch, the Noles weren't real close to getting a commitment from Fowler, we had one for about 11 months until he flipped on signing day to the Gators and it cost us Leonard Williams who still almost signed with us despite only getting an offer on NSD (he took an additional ~2 hrs to sign with USC once we offered).

Re: PGSF Mock Draft - coloradonoles/St. Louis Rams on the clock

Nice take the best player available strategy there, Rishi. Eli might die from excitement if he gets Cooper to go across from Beckham.

You guys are doing an incredible job I must say. Even with the 24-hour Jets delay, we're off to a flying start! We may get a chance to catch our breath here for a bit as coloradonoles didn't send me his email address, and from what I remember, he tends to make his picks in the evenings.

Originally posted by Rishi:
I'll do a write up later.

The NY Giants select at #9 WR Amari Cooper from Alabama.

I will say this write now, that if this scenario plays out (i.e. Mariota will available at #9 I hope the Giants trade down to #20 with Philly and get like a #2 this year and #1 and maybe a #3 next year as well (I can't remember the exact formula for pick value but I like the idea of getting a bucket load from the Eagles to move down).

Here is the chart showing the draft values in case teams decide to trade picks. It looks like moving from 9 to 20 brings in some value, but not that much...maybe a 2 & 3 this year or a 1 next year with a late pick this year.

Draft Value Chart

Originally posted by Rishi:
Manch, the Noles weren't real close to getting a commitment from Fowler, we had one for about 11 months until he flipped on signing day to the Gators and it cost us Leonard Williams who still almost signed with us despite only getting an offer on NSD (he took an additional ~2 hrs to sign with USC once we offered).
I thought that Fowler was almost a Nole. Why did he make the last minute switch? How did it cost FSU Williams? Did FSU back off recruiting him because of the Fowler commit and Williams would've been a Nole if FSU pursued him? Why didn't FSU pursue both? Because of Edwards? I don't follow recruiting like I once did and refuse to pay the premium when most of the info is all over the web 10 minutes later.

A heads up for my pick (which seems far away but not at this pace), we are in trial this week and my time to make the pick will depend on when the trial ends. If i get too bogged down, I'll keep checking to see how close the 49ers are and try and email a pick to the commish.

I will die if the giants get Cooper damn that would suck but they need oline desparately.

Re: PGSF Mock Draft - coloradonoles/St. Louis Rams on the clock

While I don't think Mariota will be here at 10 and if he were I'm not sure what St Louis would do...

Thought Scherff would still be here and if one of the WR were still around I would have taken one of them... almost pulled the trigger on Parker anyways.

With the 10th pick St Louis Rams take: OT Andrus Peat, Stanford

c3b82ca2-0b4b-e111-8395-002655e6c45a_original.jpg

STRENGTHS: Peat is impressive on the hoof and has long arms,
broad shoulders and good weight distribution with tree trunks for
thighs. Considering his monstrous frame, it is almost unfair that he
gains an immediate advantage on his opponent with surprising quickness
off the snap. He is balanced and light on his feet to slip out to the
second level and can adjust to moving targets. In pass protection, Peat
has the agility to slip wide to his left, sealing off speed rushers
trying to turn the corner, as well the strength to latch and control
defenders. Peat is patient, allowing the defender to come to him,
showing good lateral agility and balance to mirror.
WEAKNESSES:
Isn't the dominating force in the running game that his great size
implies. Comes off the ball too high and doesn't explode through his
hips to drive opponents backward, settling to turn and seal. In pass
pro, he will occasionally get lazy and bend at the waist, leaning into
pass rushers and inviting counter-moves back to the inside. Doesn't play
with the nastiness scouts would prefer and has drawn the "soft" label
from some.
PLAYER COMPARISON: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Jets
-- Like Ferguson, Peat has the length and athleticism scouts crave in a
blindside pass protector. Neither, however, plays with the punishing,
combative style that offensive line coaches would prefer.
--Rob Rang

Also considered Collins because he can play guard too...

Well, that has to be record time for the first ten picks or close to it. I don't have FSU Fogel's email...If any of you know where he hangs out on the boards, you might want to give him a friendly reminder his pick's up.

With the 116th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select...

Marcus Hardison, DE/DT, Arizona State

anu-solomon-ncaa-football-arizona-state-arizona_zpsml6sws7m.jpg

J.J. Watt is the best defensive player in the NFL, but he's the only talented DE Houston has, as the team never found a replacement for Antonio Smith. Jared Crick is fine, but he's just a rotational-type player

Per NFL.com

STRENGTHS
Consistently times snap, and has the quick twitch to turn this trait into a quick penetration and win from inside. Has good arm length. Understands how to keep blockers away from his frame as pass rusher and brings force behind his hands. Rarely square as a pass rusher, using shoulder and hip turn to get skinny and turn corner. Good hand fighter. Comes out of stance with low pad level and looks to capture an edge against the run. Puts something behind his tackles. Showed rapid improvement from midpoint of season all the way through Senior Bowl week.

WEAKNESSES
Natural defensive end who is still learning new position and vantage point. Inconsistent knee bend at contact as interior rusher, causing pad level to rise and knocking him off balance. Lacks strength in lower body and gets pushed around by plus run blockers when asked to hold the point. Gets redirected a little too easily at times when stunting. Fires off ball with head low and doesn't see cut blocks coming. Leans into run blockers rather than bringing hips and feet with him.

Whoa! New format, apparently. Obviously the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." doesn't apply here.

Anyway, I'm starting a new thread with just the 4th round posted since I can no longer edit a post with more than 10,000 characters. Bojimnole emailed me his selection, CB Josh Shaw from USCw. Once I get this all fixed, I'll make my own Chiefs' selection. I apologize for the delay.

Whoa! New format, apparently. Obviously the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." doesn't apply here.

Anyway, I'm starting a new thread with just the 4th round posted since I can no longer edit a post with more than 10,000 characters. Bojimnole emailed me his selection, CB Josh Shaw from USCw. Once I get this all fixed, I'll make my own Chiefs' selection. I apologize for the delay.
I think we lost every pick write up between the 10th selection and the 115th selection. Meh!

Yeah, it sucks. Please post your new posts/picks in the other thread. I've already emailed DFS, so hopefully it will be pinned soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT