ADVERTISEMENT

Phase 3 for virus (Florida)

reerob78

Seminole Insider
Nov 21, 2007
Destin
The State of Florida is in stage 3 now for the virus. Pretty much most businesses now have no restrictions. I am curious if that also is for sports?

Doubt the restrictions on sports will be lifted anytime soon. Wish they would be, but just doubt that happens.

Good for Florida. About time someone actually followed the science and not the fear mongering. Saw this also includes letting theme parks run at full capacity. If theme parks can open at full why can’t stadiums have events with increased spectators?

Awesome. Everyone can go into crowded restaurants now.

This actually changes nothing. Most people are staying away from malls and restaurants. They are ghost towns. No one is being turned away due to limits on capacity. It’s not like there are wait times to get in anywhere. Few people are going.

I guess Floridians are generally smarter than its leaders, but that is a low bar.

This actually changes nothing. Most people are staying away from malls and restaurants. They are ghost towns. No one is being turned away due to limits on capacity. It’s not like there are wait times to get in anywhere. Few people are going.

I guess Floridians are generally smarter than its leaders, but that is a low bar.
We all know how incredibly popular shopping malls were before Covid hit.

Good for Florida. About time someone actually followed the science and not the fear mongering. Saw this also includes letting theme parks run at full capacity. If theme parks can open at full why can’t stadiums have events with increased spectators?
If we could only find a nice medium between mayhem and nothing to see here.

Reactions: goldmom

We get it, you value controlling others.

Probably lives in Idaho where they arrested church members for singing outdoors without masks. In a town with only 365 COVID-19 cases and 0 deaths.

I actually just noticed yesterday that Florida is gaming their numbers. Their double counting the number of tests. Johns Hopkins reports daily positive rate for the state at 11%. The state itself has it at 5% which is conveniently enough to support school opening and phase 3.
They're, not their.

Florida is not gaming anything. The media would have been all over that a long time ago if there was even a hint of the state gaming testing numbers. Not to mention that hospital numbers have been going down for awhile.

As for people not going to restaurant, that sure isn’t happening in Georgia. Every restaurant and brewery I’ve been to the past few months has been hopping. We’re doing just fine in our state.

Florida is not gaming anything. The media would have been all over that a long time ago if there was even a hint of the state gaming testing numbers.
It was all over the news in late May, beginning of June. I have zero doubts numbers are being manipulated on both sides. Illinois magically had 5500+ positives the Friday before Labor Day. More than twice as much as the next highest daily total in that time period. They would also have you believe they miraculously discovered 150000 “missing” tests.

It was all over the news in late May, beginning of June. I have zero doubts numbers are being manipulated on both sides. Illinois magically had 5500+ positives the Friday before Labor Day. More than twice as much as the next highest daily total in that time period. They would also have you believe they miraculously discovered 150000 “missing” tests.
Florida COVID-19 fatalities data included man who died in motorcycle accident

We at least know one side is manipulating numbers.

Reactions: FSU CPA

where do you live? In Tampa restaurants have been very crowded.

Perhaps COVID is like AIDS. You don't actually die of the virus. You just die of all the subsequent problems it creates. Regardless, dead is dead no matter how you code it.

Reactions: bookernole
Perhaps COVID is like AIDS. You don't actually die of the virus. You just die of all the subsequent problems it creates. Regardless, dead is dead no matter how you code it.
That’s 100% what it is. It more or less pushes people over the top. Just don’t underestimate how many unhealthy people there are in this country who don’t need much of a push to be in severe health distress. 99% of people in Wal Mart at any given time have multiple co morbidities. I’m a mostly healthy 36y/o, but I have asthma. Most things I’ve read say asthma really hasn’t been too predictive of serious complications but I’d be lying if I said it doesn’t give me pause.

That’s 100% what it is. It more or less pushes people over the top. Just don’t underestimate how many unhealthy people there are in this country who don’t need much of a push to be in severe health distress. 99% of people in Wal Mart at any given time have multiple co morbidities. I’m a mostly healthy 36y/o, but I have asthma. Most things I’ve read say asthma really hasn’t been too predictive of serious complications but I’d be lying if I said it doesn’t give me pause.

I grew up with asthma but over time either outgrew it or ran enough to where it was no longer an issue. I had COVID and the shortness of breath reminded me of asthma but it was vastly different. Where asthma always felt like a pressure in my lungs, COVID just made it to where no matter how hard I breathed it didn't really matter.

If it's like aids, then we need to make masks and condoms required 100% of the time. Let's stop the spread of all these things that kill people.

Condoms for married, old, single, hetero, homo. EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. MASKS FOR EVERYONE, ALL THE TIME.

If it's like aids, then we need to make masks and condoms required 100% of the time. Let's stop the spread of all these things that kill people.

Condoms for married, old, single, hetero, homo. EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. MASKS FOR EVERYONE, ALL THE TIME.
Is wearing a mask walking around Publix or Target THAT big of a deal for you? You seem pretty exasperated about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT