ADVERTISEMENT

Planning to visit for UofL game

Sep 2, 2011
Just trying to figure out the do's and don'ts, where to stay, where to eat. I am 49 and will be coming down with a buddy of mine. No wives or girlfriends this trip, so age appropriate watering hole advice would be appreciated.

Just trying to figure out the do's and don'ts, where to stay, where to eat. I am 49 and will be coming down with a buddy of mine. No wives or girlfriends this trip, so age appropriate watering hole advice would be appreciated.
Hotels will be expensive, so try and use points. Midtown is where most of the post college crowd hangs out. Finnegans, Tap Room, Krewe are all solid places to drink in that area. Collegetown right near the stadium is a newer area that will be packed on game weekend. As far as food goes, when I go back, I want Whataburger and wings from either Jim n Milt's, Alehouse or Beef O'Bradys. But I am sure opinions will vary. Enjoy your time in Tally. I think we put on a pretty solid game day experience.

Reactions: Cardfan1963
Thanks, I think we will be staying at a friends two hours away. But we will want to get out for a bit. Midtown sounds like the place for us.

ADVERTISEMENT