ADVERTISEMENT

Plans for the 4th

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
I was set for trial on Monday (for a case that I was dreading having to go down and try), so that would have meant mostly working over the holiday. But got the call from the court that I'm not going to get reach (which I somewhat suspected considering it's the day after a holiday), so looking a doing the usual stuff. Based on Fly's recommendation, I got an immersion circulator (ANOVA-brand) and a new Weber Smokey Mountain smoker - so likely mess around with those.

Probably will go un-American and avoid blowing crap up. But the neighborhood behind our house lights up the sky like it was downtown Baghdad circa 1991.

Grouper season just reopened so I'll be out in the gulf filling the ice box with them.

Zac Brown concert Friday night and family BBQ Saturday afternoon. Son is in a baseball tournament so we will be at the ball fields a lot too. We have Saturday night to ourselves because our kids are at the age where they go out in search of something to blow up with fireworks.

Drove up to Tahoe last night.

Dad says the Kern River is expected to run dry this weekend and there is no water in Lake Isabella - damn shame. I guess that Merle Haggard song ("Kern River") is coming true -- I'll never swim in the Kern River again..

I was set for trial on Monday (for a case that I was dreading having to go down and try), so that would have meant mostly working over the holiday. But got the call from the court that I'm not going to get reach (which I somewhat suspected considering it's the day after a holiday), so looking a doing the usual stuff. Based on Fly's recommendation, I got an immersion circulator (ANOVA-brand) and a new Weber Smokey Mountain smoker - so likely mess around with those.

Probably will go un-American and avoid blowing crap up. But the neighborhood behind our house lights up the sky like it was downtown Baghdad circa 1991.

I went full 10lb USDA Prime / Prime Rib last week... Flipping awesome.
11217810_10153979410315410_5941046512054497518_n.jpg

11137168_10153979410640410_3575330013272729068_n.jpg
11667482_10153979410780410_1448023455910457845_n.jpg
11665400_10153979410875410_8631746552622163283_n.jpg
11071004_10153983132905410_6836884367022171002_n.jpg
11214717_10153983132985410_263622313494889042_n.jpg
11692745_10153983133080410_5855613540903497274_n.jpg
11665373_10153983133110410_5498099723939388010_n.jpg

I have cooked about 10 Prime Ribs in my life, this was the most perfectly rare cooked piece of meet in the history of prime ribs. 24 hours at 128, just a little butter, salt and pepper in the bag. Once I pulled it out, I patted it dry, putt a little Cavendar's greek on it, and seared it on a super hot grill on all sides for 45 seconds each side and end. It while I was reducing it I simmered the juices with a little red wine for a au'juice reduction. It was slap yo'mama good.

This weekend, I'm surfing, wake boarding, playing with my kids, and cooking ribs. Will watch some fireworks from the beach.

I love the picture of your meat (giggity), last weekend I did 5 hours smoke of beef short ribs, then 12 hours sous vide -- turned out to be the most awesome burnt ends I have had.

Will try the prime rib soon....

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I'm heading up to Tennessee tonight to do some whiskey tasting at several distilleries and some beer and wine tasting as well tomorrow. Then we're heading back down to Atlanta for the 4th where we haven't decided what to do yet. I'll be looking at what to do while on the way to Tennessee. Sunday, we'll probably head up to Chattanooga to see Rock City and get some photos on the shorter trails around Chickmauga and Lookout Mountain. Then back to Florida late Sunday night.

I'm heading up to Tennessee tonight to do some whiskey tasting at several distilleries and some beer and wine tasting as well tomorrow. Then we're heading back down to Atlanta for the 4th where we haven't decided what to do yet. I'll be looking at what to do while on the way to Tennessee. Sunday, we'll probably head up to Chattanooga to see Rock City and get some photos on the shorter trails around Chickmauga and Lookout Mountain. Then back to Florida late Sunday night.
Great state park on Lookout Mountain called (I think) Cloud Canyon. Some amazing views. Worth the trip to stop by after you do Rock City.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Great state park on Lookout Mountain called (I think) Cloud Canyon. Some amazing views. Worth the trip to stop by after you do Rock City.

Thanks for the referral. As long as we don't get rained out (which it's looking 50-50) we'll hit that one up as well.

It's been raining off and on here in Middle TN for a few days, and will continue through the weekend.

What parts of TN are you visiting, Tribe?

We were going camping/ rv style, but canceled. So home with the mutts, BBQ, pool and some adult beverages and relaxation
Pretty much this, minus the camping, plus the daughter coming home from school for the weekend.

It's been raining off and on here in Middle TN for a few days, and will continue through the weekend.

Just Chattanooga and the Whiskey Trail. We're visiting with relatives and friends from ATL.

Been off since Wednesday and haven't done much. On Saturday, I'm going to an annual July 4th party at my sister and brother-in-law's house. His birthday is on Sunday so we'll probably do shots on Saturday and family dinner on Sunday.

My wife is going to a wedding in Connecticut so I'm staying home with the little one.

We recently found out my wife is pregnant with our second child so needless to say dealing with a 15 month old all weekend will probably be easier than dealing with a pregnant, hormonal woman.

9am flight to Chicago tomorrow. Marlins at Cubs for a few innings, beers in Wrigleyville, Grateful Dead at Soldier Field.

10am flight back to Atlanta on the 4th. Straight to the pool/grills/booze.

Reactions: DFSNOLE

Actually, I forgot we had a %*%*ing vegetarian in our group. Anyone got my bright ideas for food in Chattanooga that's vegetarian approved?

I think most places will have vegetarian options. I can't think of a specific place that comes to mind.

I hate fireworks and crowds and country music. so most likely will end up at an event that has exactly that, thanks to family and friends

Ran my 33rd consecutive Peachtree Road Race. Absolutely miserable weather, plus I've screwed up my knee somehow as well. Worst 4th of July ever.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
There should be a dislike option for posts like rtm58's!

Reactions: RTM58
Ran my 33rd consecutive Peachtree Road Race. Absolutely miserable weather, plus I've screwed up my knee somehow as well. Worst 4th of July ever.

That sucks about the knee. Just ran my 9th straight. I didn't mind the weather. I'll take cool and soaking over hot and humid. Race was followed by about six hours at Hudson Grill, Eleventh street pub and Steamhouse Lounge. I was a pretty happy camper. Despite running 6 miles, I'm pretty sure I gained a few pounds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT