ADVERTISEMENT

Professional Parking Services towing

West Duval Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Dec 16, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Ever have your car towed by this company in Tally? Do what this guy did and pay with pennies. They tried to refuse payment. Police made them take it. Ha Ha Ha!!!

Have we reached the end of the internet?

I have seen a large number of very old retreads in the last couple weeks...

I don't care if it is a rehash. It's just as good today as it was then. Any company that roam tows are scumbags. Any apartment complex that roam tows because they didn't properly plan enough parking is equal scum.

If you want another great read... search Arizona Parking Solutions Boot. It's epic.

I don't care if it is a rehash. It's just as good today as it was then. Any company that roam tows are scumbags. Any apartment complex that roam tows because they didn't properly plan enough parking is equal scum.

The apartment complex is an interesting one... Should they have more spots than they plan residence cars? What is wrong with requiring residents to have a sticker and to expect residents to let their guests know that parking is limited and towing happens?

They post signs. If you get towed it is your ignorance, not the towing companies scumminess.

I will admit there is some shadiness in the towing world and there are bad people...

But it absolutely baffles me when someone complains about being towed when they parked illegally or in a spot that is marked as towable, If you are going to park on someone else's property you should be sure you are free to do so.

The other thing that baffles me is the same people that scream about being towed when they parked stupidly are also the first to bitch and moan when their spot is constantly taken or they can't park right in front of their destination...

Since it was in Tally and the guys look college aged, I am guessing they were FSU students. Does anyone on these boards know them?

I am guessing the ultimate payback could have been the clerk especially if hourly. Be like OK. I will be glad to count them. You will need to wait here while i count them. It is going to take a while. So you need 8800 pennies. I will count up to that 1 by 1. Then get to like 7,000 and be like Oh wait I lost count. I will need to start over. Looks like you are going to be here all day with me. I hope this is as fun for you as it is for me. At least I am getting paid.

Reactions: Leben
The apartment complex is an interesting one... Should they have more spots than they plan residence cars? What is wrong with requiring residents to have a sticker and to expect residents to let their guests know that parking is limited and towing happens?

They post signs. If you get towed it is your ignorance, not the towing companies scumminess.

I will admit there is some shadiness in the towing world and there are bad people...

But it absolutely baffles me when someone complains about being towed when they parked illegally or in a spot that is marked as towable, If you are going to park on someone else's property you should be sure you are free to do so.

The other thing that baffles me is the same people that scream about being towed when they parked stupidly are also the first to bitch and moan when their spot is constantly taken or they can't park right in front of their destination...

It's reasonable to think that people will have friends over at some point in their time staying at the apartment and there will be a need for guest spaces. As an apartment hunter you go to the apartment in the middle of the day when half or more of the residence are gone. you see the open guest spaces. This looks good! well, night time falls and everyone gets home, guest spots fill up, and you quickly realize there is a lack of parking. It was extreme at most places when I was in school. The apartment complexes clearly didn't plan well enough.

Anyway, back to the roam towing... if there is truly a lack of spaces I'd get it. That is not the how and the why of these companies. I was in college one night and it was over summer break. Either just before Fall or just after spring. There was no one around. Because there were a few visitors over the holiday the visitor spaces were full at the complex I was visiting. So picture this... a hundred open resident spaces and the 4 visitor spots full with likely long term guests over the holiday. No problem... no one is going to roam tow in a scene like this and I'm just dropping something off. I'll take a spot in the back 40 of the lot to ensure I'm not taking a resident spot and be good to go.... Nope. MF'er in a tow truck was waiting hidden off to the side ready to tow. I got in the car while it was on the truck and got out of it with a minimal payment but this isn't what the roam towing enforcement is supposed to do. In my case it was Hobkirk towing. They sit there and wait once the visitor spots are full with zero regard to how empty the rest of the lot is and how long you may or may not be there. I never expected to have a problem in this instance like I would in the middle of the year. It was the only time I parked in a non guest spot in any complex. I was a Sr. at the time and still remember it like yesterday because of the situation. It's when I realized they are not there for the good of the residents but for the good of their wallets at any expense.

parking was a bear back in my day. Used to bike all the way from Blairstone to campus to avoid having to worry about parking (fitness too, but mostly the parking).

I agree with this. Not that I think tow companies aren't horrible people in general, but if you get towed because you parked illegally its your own damn fault. I wasn't towed once in Tallahassee, it's pretty easy to avoid it.

Towing companies have been proven to be predatory, unethical, unsavory, and sometimes illegal in their practices. I find the penny story amusing and hope it ruined the towing company's day.
I had one tow my wife's car as she tried to hobble across campus after knee surgery. The towing companies lined up and when 4:59:59 hit they towed everyone on the street. They could see her coming on her crutches...they couldn't give a sh@#$. After a great deal of arguing the guy agreed to put it back on the pavement if I payed the tow fee for her right there. 6 months later they sent her a notification that she hadn't claimed her car from the lot and they were going to auction it. I told her to go down there and demand they produce it but she wouldn't. I would have loved to see them try to find it.

ADVERTISEMENT