ADVERTISEMENT

Random thoughts/observations

BelemNole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Roseville, CA
We've moved to rent-an-office space now so I'm pretty isolated during the day. So I feel the need to get a bunch of random things said that I normally say to friends/coworkers that are now locked in their own pods down the corridor. I can see me doing this a lot.

* If I can smell it from the hallway and you're door is closed..you're wearing too much body spray/cologne.
* If you are going slower than the speed limit during rush hour it should be legal for me to push your car into the ditch.
~ Weather in NorCal has been very weird lately. Had thunderstorms Fri/Sat and we NEVER have those here in the valley. Then hit 104 on Monday and it's way to early for that. Then woke up to rain this morning. Rain, in June? Never. Ever. EVER. It's currently 69 and sprinkling. That's normal...in March.
* A men's room in a commercial office building should have more than 2 stalls per floor. That's a lot of dudes cycling thru there.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
* If you are going slower than the speed limit during rush hour it should be legal for me to push your car into the ditch.

giphy.gif

Might I add that wearing of perfume or cologne to a doctors office where people are sick should be avoided. I am highly allergic to perfumes and can't breathe after seeing a patient who wears the entire bottle to the office.

Who wears cologne anymore?

One of our clients sends a courier to our office daily to drop off/pick things up and he wears a ridiculous amount of cologne. We fight over who will have to greet him and accept any deliveries because whatever he touches smells like it. The doorknob, paper, etc....

Belem, I think you've just forgotten that a hurricane (Blanca) will push up muggy warm air ahead of it, and then the rains come right behind. I saw that some places in SoCal got almost a quarter of an inch of rain (woo-hoo!) and the Valley just got real hot with a sprinkle here and there. Didn't it make you miss Florida?!:)

Oh, and I moved my office to the quiet side where few people come by. This is because we have some shall we say, "politics" going on right now and I am keeping my head down until after the inevitable explosion takes place. In the meantime I am doing my job and letting my check clear the bank.

. . .

Oh, and I moved my office to the quiet side where few people come by. This is because we have some shall we say, "politics" going on right now and I am keeping my head down until after the inevitable explosion takes place. In the meantime I am doing my job and letting my check clear the bank.
whoa whoa whoa, don't you guys run our neighborhood now? anything I should be worried about? I've already sent my payment for this quarter.

You should never fart on an airplane.* Ever. This means you, guy in 2B yesterday.

* Overseas flights excepted, and then only after the cabin lights have dimmed and nobody will know it was you.

Post lunch observation:
* In-n-Out is better than Five Guys. Period. The burgers are similar, but I just paid nearly twice as much ($13.95) for burger/fries/drink at 5guys than I would have at InO. I won't be adding it to my regular lunchtime rotation.

You should never fart on an airplane.* Ever. This means you, guy in 2B yesterday.

* Overseas flights excepted, and then only after the cabin lights have dimmed and nobody will know it was you.

How can anyone know who did it? I mean you can guess its the big fat dude, but maybe its the little chick next to him?

Random observation:

Wind ripped off my screen door to my big back porch and I haven't replaced it (mostly because I am a tired ass and useless as a handy man)

what I have observed is:

• When mocking birds come in, they cant ever figure out how to get out.
  • Cardinals and finches come and go as they please with no issue.
  • Wasps spend their entire day flying around trying to leave, sometimes they get lucky
  • Bees are like a robot. They go to one spot against the screen and sit there motionless until they eventually die
My theories are that mocking birds are dumber than cardinals and finches by a lot... and bee's are actually a robot programmed by the hive and they do not think at all.

Belem, I think you've just forgotten that a hurricane (Blanca) will push up muggy warm air ahead of it, and then the rains come right behind. I saw that some places in SoCal got almost a quarter of an inch of rain (woo-hoo!) and the Valley just got real hot with a sprinkle here and there. Didn't it make you miss Florida?!:)

You live in EH?
Nah not any thing to worry about. All good!

Why is it that if you transport something by car it's called a shipment but if you transport something by ship it's called cargo?

Are you claiming that 5guys is twice as good as In-n-Out? Have you even had an In-n-Out? Texas stores don't count.

Two stalls per floor is sketchy. One of my brothers was talking similar...he walked in several times the other day and held off waiting on somebody who was cooking. 20 minutes later, the guy still has the room held hostage.

Jim asked the big guy in the office if he was clear to go. Big man told him that he would have knocked on the stall and given a two minute warning that, "I am gonna clear the house...get out!"

Our floor has 4 standard stalls and a handicap 5th stall on the end. So if you walk in and no stalls are taken, which one do you take? I have to imagine the standard should be the 4th stall, as you have 3 empty to the left and the handicap stall to your right. Assuming people don't abuse the handicap stall usage, it's the best chance you have of not being next to a fellow pooper. Others argue stall 1 but that is next to a pee stall so you could get a (more often) pee'er next to you install one. I've been studying these statistics for 3 years and, other than my own trend, I can't figure out what the norm is for other people.

Our floor has 4 standard stalls and a handicap 5th stall on the end. So if you walk in and no stalls are taken, which one do you take? I have to imagine the standard should be the 4th stall, as you have 3 empty to the left and the handicap stall to your right. Assuming people don't abuse the handicap stall usage, it's the best chance you have of not being next to a fellow pooper. Others argue stall 1 but that is next to a pee stall so you could get a (more often) pee'er next to you install one. I've been studying these statistics for 3 years and, other than my own trend, I can't figure out what the norm is for other people.
You've put a disturbing amount of thought into this.

I take stall 5; I like having elbow room.

I just looked up what those two dots above a vowel is called, and now I wonder why the word umlaut doesn't have any umlauts.

Reactions: Bartdog
Stall 2. You get a buffer from the pee-ers, and if another pooper comes in, he can take a buffered stall (4) while still respecting the handicap stall.

ADVERTISEMENT