ADVERTISEMENT

Random thoughts/observations

And where do you live Les?
I live in Tallahassee.

5 Guys is disgusting AND overpriced.

I've only had In n Out twice, both times when I was visiting the West Coast. It was far superior even at the same price. Throw in how overpriced 5 Guys in and you get my "you're on crack" accusation. :cool:

The men in my office have serious prostate problems and need more fiber in their diet....

I've had In-N-Out twice, in Scottsdale it was delicious and just as good as advertised. Had it again in Ventura and it was just OK and not as good as 5 Guys.

Once I learned to order 5 Guys fries "well done/crispy" I started to like the place more.

New guy moved into our wing here at the old Rent-an-Office. I walked by his pod today, he keeps the door open because he opted for the cheapest option which has no window and a solid door - it's pretty much a medium sized closet with internet. Anyway, I look in and notice...he's decorated it with Grateful Dead posters. All at crazy angles just to make sure no one mistakes him for a conformist. Awesome.

Anyway, I look in and notice...he's decorated it with Grateful Dead posters. All at crazy angles just to make sure no one mistakes him for a conformist. Awesome.

How long before you ask him to score you some acid?

5 guys, In and Out and bathroom stall choice all in the same thread...

New guy moved into our wing here at the old Rent-an-Office. I walked by his pod today, he keeps the door open because he opted for the cheapest option which has no window and a solid door - it's pretty much a medium sized closet with internet. Anyway, I look in and notice...he's decorated it with Grateful Dead posters. All at crazy angles just to make sure no one mistakes him for a conformist. Awesome.
Maybe you should try a new career path so you can get out of the rent-a-office?

Reactions: BillWesJay

I can't stop laughing!

If the Big Bang theory is accurate then stuff that your tongue is made out of was once crammed inconceivably close and tight against Hitler's anus.

New rule, Taco Bell (and any other fast food joint for that matter) is no longer allowed to call their crappy food anything they want. Grilled Stuffed Nachos? No. That's not nachos. A flattened burrito, or a quesadilla with beef an chips, but not nachos.

Women are assholes when it comes to holding doors for Dads carrying more than one kid. Seems like every time when I'm running errands with the kids solo and am either carrying them (like into daycare) or pushing them in the stroller, they tend to act as if they should still get the right of way. Sorry lady, my hands are a little full.

Men will tend to move out of the way but not women. Seems to be mostly women from 30 to 50, younger and older women tend to be more considerate, but not always.

And woman of all ages will use baby strollers as a bulldozer/battering ram to clear pathways( some with savage intent)yet rarely offer up condolences to those the've maimed along the way.

Are you claiming that 5guys is twice as good as In-n-Out? Have you even had an In-n-Out? Texas stores don't count.

So why are In-n-Out in Texas different? The only time I've eaten at In-n-Out was a few months back in Dallas; it sucked, I'd rather have McDonalds or Burger King, both of which have more flavor than the lousy burger & fries from I/O.

Reactions: NoleMac
So why are In-n-Out in Texas different? The only time I've eaten at In-n-Out was a few months back in Dallas; it sucked, I'd rather have McDonalds or Burger King, both of which have more flavor than the lousy burger & fries from I/O.
I approve SeaPA's sentiment of InNOut - highly Overrated and I tried a CA InNOut(if that matters).

And woman of all ages will use baby strollers as a bulldozer/battering ram to clear pathways( some with savage intent)yet rarely offer up condolences to those the've maimed along the way.

Yep, this is true. But that's only because they operate strollers the same way they drive haha

Women are assholes when it comes to holding doors for Dads carrying more than one kid. Seems like every time when I'm running errands with the kids solo and am either carrying them (like into daycare) or pushing them in the stroller, they tend to act as if they should still get the right of way. Sorry lady, my hands are a little full.

Men will tend to move out of the way but not women. Seems to be mostly women from 30 to 50, younger and older women tend to be more considerate, but not always.

So very true. I flew back to California with my 2 y/o. Not one woman would lend me a hand, but several guys helped me get crap in overhead, occupy her attention while I was getting her car seat latched down....

Reactions: dmm5157
if you are about to fart, and you hold it in, sometimes it goes away. so where exactly does it go?

So very true. I flew back to California with my 2 y/o. Not one woman would lend me a hand, but several guys helped me get crap in overhead, occupy her attention while I was getting her car seat latched down....

I was telling my wife about this observation and she started paying attention to when we're at the store. Since she's pregnant, I will get both kids out and get them into the stroller and push them around and she'll notice women trying to walk in at the same time I'm going through a doorway without waiting or even giving me a chance to get the double stroller in. Incredibly rude and inconsiderate. Not asking for special attention, just some common sense.

I'm not sure. I'd guess that it's because they source everything locally and something about the local beef, etc is different. All I know is that my Texas nephews love In-N-Out when they visit me but won't touch the stuff in the Dallas stores.

The 5guys burgers are bigger and less of a fast food burger than in and out. They are also much more expensive.

They are bigger, each patty is 3.3 oz compared to 2 oz but I'm not sure what you mean less of a fast food burger. The one I had came wrapped in foil paper and looked like someone sat on it.

I'm not sure. I'd guess that it's because they source everything locally and something about the local beef, etc is different. All I know is that my Texas nephews love In-N-Out when they visit me but won't touch the stuff in the Dallas stores.
So local California beef is better than local Texas beef? Okay got it. You're on a roll.

So local California beef is better than local Texas beef? Okay got it. You're on a roll.

Possibly - the climate in the grazing areas of the central valley are much more conducive to cattle. However, most of the land is used for dairy cattle rather than beef cattle. Why would you think Texas would have better beef when compared to California.......I hope not merely because of your misinformed perception of California, especially the central valley.

Several factors go into this - the women in the 30-50 age range are either jealous that their man doesn't take the kids out on errands and take it out on dad's that do. The other issue is, younger women look at us dads who are taking care of the kids as what they want in their future, the one's who still cut out pictures from wedding magazines and have dreamy ideas of what the perfect man is. The 30-50 years olds (not all of them, the one's specific to dmm's scenario) have already lived this and have to dreamy ideas and thoughts about what it's like, they're already scarred.

Reactions: dmm5157
I did't say that Jr. Simply said a different source.
But you're right, In-n-Out is terrible. That's why people with such terrible taste as Thomas Keller, Mario Batali
, and Anthony Bourdain rave about it. But I'm sure you have a more discerning palate.

Our floor has 4 standard stalls and a handicap 5th stall on the end. So if you walk in and no stalls are taken, which one do you take? I have to imagine the standard should be the 4th stall, as you have 3 empty to the left and the handicap stall to your right. Assuming people don't abuse the handicap stall usage, it's the best chance you have of not being next to a fellow pooper. Others argue stall 1 but that is next to a pee stall so you could get a (more often) pee'er next to you install one. I've been studying these statistics for 3 years and, other than my own trend, I can't figure out what the norm is for other people.

I think a surreptitious video camera would be appropriate for your data collection.

I was telling my wife about this observation and she started paying attention to when we're at the store. Since she's pregnant, I will get both kids out and get them into the stroller and push them around and she'll notice women trying to walk in at the same time I'm going through a doorway without waiting or even giving me a chance to get the double stroller in. Incredibly rude and inconsiderate. Not asking for special attention, just some common sense.
It also depends on who is entering the store and who is exiting. I've always thought the person exiting the building has the right of way. Probably due to most doors swinging outward.

I've never been to in-n-out burger.
sad-bear-570.jpg

if you are about to fart, and you hold it in, sometimes it goes away. so where exactly does it go?
Not only where does it go but how do you get it back. I wish they were like items on an Outlook calendar. Push 'sleep' knowing it will come back in 5 minutes when you are in a more appropriate place to let it fly.

Has anyone wondered who ate the first egg, & what exactly were they thinking?

No, but I often wondered who the first person was who dared to put the head of a match, battery acid, ammonium nitrate fertilizer, starter fluid, lye and drain cleanser (plus about 40 other things) into a Pyrex bowl and placing it on top of a bunsen burner and bringing such an explosive concoction to a boil.

And that made be wonder how low was the IQ of the person that the cook talked into snorting it up his nose.

Reactions: -OB1-
Possibly - the climate in the grazing areas of the central valley are much more conducive to cattle. However, most of the land is used for dairy cattle rather than beef cattle. Why would you think Texas would have better beef when compared to California.......I hope not merely because of your misinformed perception of California, especially the central valley.
Having driven through the Central Valley many times. I'm suprised the cattle live at all, much less make decent milk or beef. It looks nothing at all like the old happy cow commercials. The ranches look like the polar opposite. Just nasty disgusting places.

Having driven through the Central Valley many times. I'm suprised the cattle live at all, much less make decent milk or beef. It looks nothing at all like the old happy cow commercials. The ranches look like the polar opposite. Just nasty disgusting places.

Nothing but dairy farms from the bottom of the grapevine to south Bakersfield. Inter-mixed with Almond groves, and the usual bountiful fruit and veggie crops. That area is some of the most productive soil in America - responsible for I think 60% of domestic agriculture.....it's where the Okies settled after migrating during the Dust Bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT