ADVERTISEMENT

Rays 2021

Tom81

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
So Tyler Glasnow (fingers crossed for no injuries) kicks off the 2021 campaign with 6 innings of 1 hit
ball, 0 walks and 6 strikeouts. He has added a good slider to his arsenal of a 100 mph fastball and killer curve.
Could we be seeing the beginnings of a Cy Young campaign?
Of course the Rays' hitters will have to step up to the plate (pun intended), for him to get the W's. He is currently 0-0.

So Tyler Glasnow (fingers crossed for no injuries) kicks off the 2021 campaign with 6 innings of 1 hit
ball, 0 walks and 6 strikeouts. He has added a good slider to his arsenal of a 100 mph fastball and killer curve.
Could we be seeing the beginnings of a Cy Young campaign?
Of course the Rays' hitters will have to step up to the plate (pun intended), for him to get the W's. He is currently 0-0.
I was/am really tempted to put some money on him to win the Cy Young. There are still some tough lineups that can give him trouble by working counts but his stuff is so overwhelming for most teams. He gave up 1 hit yesterday which a good third basemen easily would have made the play on.

The Rays just traded Adames and ?Richards? for reliever depth.
Taylor Walls is getting called up.
He's hitting over .320 and is considered the best defensive shortstop in the Rays' system.
Hope he does well on multiple levels.

Reactions: nole2soul
The Rays seem to be peaking.
The young pitchers are on point.
Hitting is above average and Brandon Lowe is hitting well.
Last year, he and Adames were in the midst of horrible slumps at playoff time.
Let's just get this done!

Reactions: mjpwooo
I’ll be there tonight as well. Can’t wait. Will be a rowdy crowd with plenty of Boston fans.

The Rays just traded Adames and ?Richards? for reliever depth.
Taylor Walls is getting called up.
He's hitting over .320 and is considered the best defensive shortstop in the Rays' system.
Hope he does well on multiple levels.
TB may be a small market franchise per se but they have and continue to have an excellent farm system.

Reactions: JonScott
I grew up in Norcross, Ga., so I’m a huge Braves fan. I lived there when Deion was drafted by the Falcons and watched him play many times in Fulton county stadium, for both teams 🙌🏻. That said, and having been back in Tallahassee for the past 20 years, I can’t help but pull for the Rays and Kevin Cash as well. They do so much on such a little payroll, and anyone that can potentially knock out the Red Sox (currently) & Yankees is good in my book. So far so good tonight. I honestly don’t remember Kevin Cash that much as a player here in Tallahassee. Curious who has good memory of him here and how good a player he was. I know he appeared in two college World Series just don’t remember him much. He was here right after J.D. Drew I think…. 🤔 For the record we were both born in ‘77.

Reactions: LargoNole
Just over 27,000 fans attended. What’s the issue, is it logistics or the dump of a stadium? Even Rays players lose the ball in that bizarre ceiling. All those those strange ground rules.

Just over 27,000 fans attended. What’s the issue, is it logistics or the dump of a stadium? Even Rays players lose the ball in that bizarre ceiling. All those those strange ground rules.
LOL, hope you enjoy your team sitting home watching the Rays play the best and most entertaining baseball in MLB… at a 66% discount to the “good teams”

Both.

The Rays are an expansion team, and don't have generations of fans in a massive metro area.

The stadium is in St Petersburg, across the bridge from Tampa. Not ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nole2soul
Both.

The Rays are an expansion team, and don't have generations of fans in a massive metro area.

The stadium is in St Petersburg, across the bridge from Tampa. Not ideal.

That ballpark sucks sucks sucks. It's sterile and the GD white ceiling is awful (and I'm a Rays fan)

Owner wants half their games played in Montreal since they’ve concluded they can’t survive with anemic attendance at the current stadium location. Idea is to build 2 small ball parks in each city, maybe in Tampa. I’m a Rays fan too

Reactions: squiffynole
That sucked. The starting pitching was always going to be an issue but honestly if a couple of the “big” bats ahem Lowe and Cruz did anything we would have won. Lowe is an absolute disaster in the playoffs, I think literally the worst ever based on OPS in a large sample size. He looked completely broken.

• Sad
Reactions: hatsbo
That sucked. The starting pitching was always going to be an issue but honestly if a couple of the “big” bats ahem Lowe and Cruz did anything we would have won. Lowe is an absolute disaster in the playoffs, I think literally the worst ever based on OPS in a large sample size. He looked completely broken.
Agreed, felt bad for them. The playoffs are usually a different animal, Cora switched up the middle and late relievers for this series, and for the most part it worked. Hell, they didn't even use Barnes, crazy. They ran a stat showing our middle, late relief outperforming the starters in the series, the last half of the season it was the other way around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT