ADVERTISEMENT

Remdesivir and testing

QuaZ2002

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
This would seem to be our best short term chance at normalcy. There seems to be some positive anecdotal evidence emerging that remdesivir is successful at treating even some advanced COVID cases. If the studies come back in a couple weeks with good results, we can ever figure out this testing, and daily confirmed tests continue declining it seems plausible society could be running mostly normal by mid June? I still don’t think we’ll see large gatherings until the vaccine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goldmom
The study they are referencing is around a hundred patients, which I think is rather meager. The Hydroxiclroquin Zpac study released the other day was sillier results and over a thousand patients.

Reactions: FSUDoles
The study they are referencing is around a hundred patients, which I think is rather meager. The Hydroxiclroquin Zpac study released the other day was sillier results and over a thousand patients.
Yep but it’s still something. Issue with Hydroxy are the very real cardiac side effects.

This would seem to be our best short term chance at normalcy. There seems to be some positive anecdotal evidence emerging that remdesivir is successful at treating even some advanced COVID cases. If the studies come back in a couple weeks with good results, we can ever figure out this clusterF testing, and daily confirmed tests continue declining it seems plausible society could be running mostly normal by mid June? I still don’t think we’ll see large gatherings until the vaccine.

Let’s hope...need a deeper dig and comps, but there is nothing wrong with hoping for the best.

I think in 2-3 weeks some of the studies with controls will be back. I’m not saying the anecdotal evidence is the end all be all but it’s a helluva lot better than the opposite.

I think in 2-3 weeks some of the studies with controls will be back. I’m not saying the anecdotal evidence is the end all be all but it’s a helluva lot better than the opposite.

The efficacy of one of these is so incredibly important, testing, etc pales in significance.

Reactions: F4Gary
The efficacy of one of these is so incredibly important, testing, etc pales in significance.
I think it’s more important because If this fails there doesn’t seem to really be anything else. But quick available testing is also hugely important for reducing transmission. If we can more quickly identify those who have it and more effectively treat those who end up hospitalized we could be in pretty good shape til the vaccine.

I think it’s more important because If this fails there doesn’t seem to really be anything else. But quick available testing is also hugely important for reducing transmission. If we can more quickly identify those who have it and more effectively treat those who end up hospitalized we could be in pretty good shape til the vaccine.

I wish I felt better about testing for C-19 positivity or negativity....it’s only a snapshot in time...tests would need to be taken time after time to ensure we hadn’t been infected since the last test.....tail chasing...

Anyhow...gotta keep plugging away, I don’t know if you agree, but I’m thinking this crap has made its rounds for several months here in the States....misdiagnosed early due to no knowledge....I think a bunch of us have had it, I’m not kidding....I’m thinking 40-50%. I may be way off though....I hope I’m right and I hope built in immunity accompanies it.

Probably way off. If it had made its rounds earlier than we thought it would have been killing a lot of folks and that would have been noticed.

Probably way off. If it had made its round it would have been killing a lot of folks it would have been noticed.

Probably....but my mom died 12/22/2019 with COD listed as pneumonia....she failed quickly....but she was in a nursing home. I am clinging to the thought that this monster has a problem with the genetic make up of a portion of our society...one can hope....

Probably....but my mom died 12/22/2019 with COD listed as pneumonia....she failed quickly....but she was in a nursing home. I am clinging to the thought that this monster has a problem with the genetic make up of a portion of our society...one can hope....

So sorry for your loss.

I’m very sorry about your mom. I suppose we’re all just guessing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT