ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Kelvin Benjamin overweight at OTAs

10 lbs over last season's weight doesn't seem like much, but 2 hamstring injuries already isn't good.

Benjamin is one of those guys that could go down as the greatest of all time with a better work ethic... He's the type of guy that will look like a freakin' superstar during his "contract years" and very average the rest of the time. He was in the same pattern at FSU.

Reactions: styancey
Benjamin is one of those guys that could go down as the greatest of all time with a better work ethic... He's the type of guy that will look like a freakin' superstar during his "contract years" and very average the rest of the time. He was in the same pattern at FSU.
In theory he was actually a superstar at FSU a year before his "contract" year. In other words, he didn't wait until his senior year to go beast.

Some kids just don't have what it takes upstairs to push themselves physically. Would not surprise me if he's out of the NFL in 3 years.

Oh noes, he's 4% above his playing weight from last year. He's like some kind of obese monster. He played a role as a dinosaur in Jurassic World.

Some kids just don't have what it takes upstairs to push themselves physically. Would not surprise me if he's out of the NFL in 3 years.

I wish I could say I'm shocked, but I'm not.

Damn, you guys are harsh. :confused:
It is June 18 and he's apparently 4% over his playing weight.
I can't imagine he'd lose those 10lbs running around in the 100 degree sun for the next 2 months.
In any event he certainly isn't going to eat himself out of the league in 3 years a la Jamarcus the Buffet Russell.

Reactions: samstiyer
2014 we coulda had Timmy, KB & Devonta still on the team. Thats crazy. Def coulda used KB & Timmy. I LOVE Freeman but cook eased that pain.

Damn people are harsh on the kid. Hope he gets it straightened out. Was hoping to draft him in fanasty.

ADVERTISEMENT