ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Kinsman attorney wanted insurance policy on Jameis Winston

Originally posted by nolesdynasty:
Sad... The fact 90% of people will never know the truth of what happened.
True. I see clueless, stupid posts in every article I read about Jameis by people who fall hook, lin, and sinker for all the garbage that has been put out about Jameis, and it's very clear they have never taken the time to see if any of it is actually true.
uzi.r191677.gif

It's one thing for the average person to not focus on the truth, but it is quite another when the NYTimes purposely distorts it and "sports reporters" never spend the time to read the actual data that is out there - and provide analysis of what they did not read but imply to its readers that it did in fact do a thorough review.

Reporters are supposed to painfully research their sources. And that includes reading the actual public reports. The nature of the alleged crime gave these reporters a "shield" to not assume that the accuser was lying. But there were problems with the accuser's story from the very beginning that were problematic.

Bug if there is anyone to blame, it is Willie Meggs. He didn't start this - the TPD did - but he had the ability and stature to close it down. The SA report clearly indicates the multiple different stories - but his press conference presented in that direction. He doesn't like the FSU players as he thought that they were priveleged and coddled.

Originally posted by Seminole'13:

Originally posted by shakane:

Originally posted by divinnole:

Originally posted by Seminole'13:
You guys need to please refrain.

Not everything is about footbawl, okay. Sometimes it's just about rape.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Can you share some evidence that 3 different investigations and a retired Fl Supreme judge did not have to show us a rape took place?
I think he was being sarcastic and doing his Aunt Pat impersonation.
Ding! Yall need to watch the interview again. Was just mocking Uncle Pat.
I withdraw my comments. I was unable to watch the vid and just responded to your comment, sorry about that!!

Originally posted by FSU94Alumnus:

The civil case would be tried in Tally with a local jury.
I doubt she sues him also, but two things regarding this point 1) she could move for a change of venue 2) even if it was in Tallahassee, Tallahassee has a very large population that is not FSU fans.

Originally posted by NoleHitterThru8:

I doubt she sues him also, but two things regarding this point 1) she could move for a change of venue 2) even if it was in Tallahassee, Tallahassee has a very large population that is not FSU fans.
i don't think a plaintiff in a civil suit can get a change of venue.

Originally posted by Lemon Thrower:

She could, somewhat of a tall order to move a case. If he gets drafted by Tampa, she could sue him in the county where he resides. Without doing the research, she maybe able to join him to the federal case because the cause of action arises out of the same nexus of facts, so federal court may have supplemental jurisdiction (I may be wrong there). That case is pending in Orlando.

Originally posted by Fijimn:
Originally posted by Lemon Thrower:

She could, somewhat of a tall order to move a case. If he gets drafted by Tampa, she could sue him in the county where he resides. Without doing the research, she maybe able to join him to the federal case because the cause of action arises out of the same nexus of facts, so federal court may have supplemental jurisdiction (I may be wrong there). That case is pending in Orlando.
I think if there is a way for her to sue him, she will. Their strategy has always been to make things as uncomfortable as possible so he will just settle to get her to go away. At this point, with all that has gone down, I cannot imagine he would ever settle. Settling would be admitting guilt in the eyes of the haters.

If she does sue, I do look forward to her answers regarding being a member of Cleat-Chasers. I bet Winston's attorneys might be able to find another athlete who had a similar encounter.

she won't sue him because it invites a countersuit for defamation. Right now, JW does not need the defamation suit. most people understand it was a false charge even if the pro-feminist media won't admit that. if he sues her now, he'll get bad press.

if she sues him first then there is a green light for his counterclaims.

she needs to fear a counterclaim because he can prove his counterclaims and she can't prove a rape.

as for a settlement, her idiot lawyer/aunt is likely the person who leaked the report. JW might have settled to prevent that leak. At this point, there is no value to JW to settling that i can see.

You can bet that during Draft Week this legal team will issue new outlandish statements.

There is no basis for a defamation suit, other than to be overly aggressive in defense (which is common in Florida). Look, none of us on FSU Warchant believe her, she has told several different versions of that event, but the case boils down to a he said vs. she said -- not a defamation suit. Pretty much a standard lawsuit.

A classic "he said/she said" case involves two conflicting stories without any direct evidence to support either. In Winston's situation, the "she said" part has changed several times and isn't really supported by any evidence, while the "he said" part has remained constant throughout and is supported by lots of evidence. But Winston's problem in a court case won't be the facts, it will be running into a jury panel that has built-in prejudices that the hard evidence won't overcome.

The people I know who continue to believe Winston is guilty either (1) have bought into the conspiracy theory that evidence against Winston has been suppressed, (2) don't like Winston for some reason, or (3) are hanging onto statistical data that says claims of rape are almost always true. Changing these people's opinions will be tough, and the danger in a civil trial is that you'll get just enough jurors with this mindset to lose the case...facts be damned.

The accuser will surely get some rough questions if she takes this to trial, but the fact that she's gone public with her story tells me that she's going to push this to the bitter end...I'm sure she's getting lots of pressure to do so from her lawyers and from the Christine Brennans of this world who make a living off of this kind of thing. And there's a large audience of folks out there who don't really care who wins or loses, they just don't want juicy stories like this to ever end.

Originally posted by Fijimn:

There is no basis for a defamation suit
accusing someone of rape is defamatory. however, the truth of the statement is a defense if it can be proven. burden of proof is on her. So even if you assume she didn't make the whole thing up, she can't prove her allegations in court because of her other untrue statements (someone slipped me a mickey was established to be untrue by the tox report, etc.). so winston can prove she made defamatory statements but she can't prove those statements were true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT