ADVERTISEMENT

Required reading for Winston fans

Seminiferous

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Buckhead, USA
I've been drafting and parsing pleadings for decades, and, having just read every word of Jameis's 63 page answer and counterclaim, I consider it among the finest and most persuasive pleadings I've ever read. It's a work of art. Fist bumps to Jameis's counsel.

Read it. You'll love it.

Basically it simply says her suit is all a lie, that 6 different times independent review groups could not find any level of credibility or proof of her allegations. It was all about the money. Case closed.

The pleading very clearly outlines in detail Ms. Kinsman's lies and sets forth Jameis's counterclaims. The 63 page narrative does a beautiful job of listing, and then forcibly refuting, each of her tangled web of inconsistent lies which stretch across six hearings. Jameis's pleading makes the complicated easy to follow and understand.

The pleading very clearly outlines in detail Ms. Kinsman's lies and sets forth Jameis's counterclaims. The 63 page narrative does a beautiful job of listing, and then forcibly refuting, each of her tangled web of inconsistent lies which stretch across six hearings. Jameis's pleading makes the complicated easy to follow and understand.

Why is no one yet picking up and commenting on the report from Tom. Nation I saw referenced on FB that Jameis filed a counter-suit against Kinsman, apparently today? Is the report Ill-founded? Out of my depth taking a lead.

on one hand i say cut her a check for $1m, and on the other i say, take her on

Semi - how does this work, now? (Outside of negotiations for settlements and dismissals) Does Erika become a defendant in a separate suit now? Do they roll both suits into one trial? Does s mediator decide what will happen? Does Jameis still push to get her suit delayed until after the SOL runs out?

Kinsman is a defendant in counterclaim. Her complaint and his answer and counterclaim are all part of one big lawsuit, which should all be tried together. Kinsman's complaint had to be filed before the statute of limitations had run - the length of time her action languishes in court after being filed is of no consequence.

I've been drafting and parsing pleadings for decades, and, having just read every word of Jameis's 63 page answer and counterclaim, I consider it among the finest and most persuasive pleadings I've ever read. It's a work of art. Fist bumps to Jameis's counsel.

Read it. You'll love it.

Do you have a link to the 63 page answer? I'm only finding reports of him countering but no document. Thanks in advance

Why is no one yet picking up and commenting on the report from Tom. Nation I saw referenced on FB that Jameis filed a counter-suit against Kinsman, apparently today? Is the report Ill-founded? Out of my depth taking a lead.
This is probably the third thread to do So. Also, I think linking to the competition is forbidden...

It's always curious to me why the Gator Country folks are so obsessed with Winston, yet never seem to want to discuss Treon's case. Apparently stating "Don't tell nobody about nothing" to the accuser following a rape allegation passes muster. Move along - nothing to see here. What a degenerate fan base.

Read it. You'll love it.
Now how many media types do you think will take the time to read it?????

It's always curious to me why the Gator Country folks are so obsessed with Winston, yet never seem to want to discuss Treon's case. Apparently stating "Don't tell nobody about nothing" to the accuser following a rape allegation passes muster. Move along - nothing to see here. What a degenerate fan base.

As long as the checks to Treon's alleged victim keep clearing the bank, there won't be anything new. Their fan base may be a little degenerate but they're a lot more dumb.

Reactions: Manch.
What a degenerate fan base.

Yup, I thought that a few of them actually had a little common sense. I went to Gator Bait a few days ago, and some of the more respected Gator posters have turned out to be just as ignorant as the bottom of the shitcan. Every fan base has them, but I've never seen a COMPLETE fan base so clueless, especially when their QB was and still can be investigated for rape, where the alleged victim asked Harris to stop numerous times, and Harris was concerned that the story might make it to ESPN.

As long as the checks to Treon's alleged victim keep clearing the bank, there won't be anything new. Their fan base may be a little degenerate but they're a lot more dumb.

I agree, how else can the investigation go cold after the victim reported that she had asked him to stop numerous times, and that he was dead weight on top of her. And because she reported the rape within 72 hours, there is no statute of limitations on the case. He isn't going to be a pro, so when a booster gets tired of making payments on behalf of a nobody, the case will start to heat up again.

Glad he's pursuing a counter claim....he has to. If he settled the court of public opinion would be....see if he was innocent he wouldn't settle ( and I'm sure the NYT's and Espin would be fanning the flames ). Conversely, they will say ..Look he's trying to bully her with a counter claim. Can't win. But I think a light needs to be shone on Ms Kinsman to reveal what she really is... along with that loathsome Uncle Pat . Some thought his lawyer was out of his element by his use of Twitter to get his message out, but he was really quite clever in doing so, it was the only way to get his message out when #5 was being excoriated by the media. Jameis is in good hands IMHO.

Yup, I thought that a few of them actually had a little common sense. I went to Gator Bait a few days ago, and some of the more respected Gator posters have turned out to be just as ignorant as the bottom of the $%^#can. Every fan base has them, but I've never seen a COMPLETE fan base so clueless, especially when their QB was and still can be investigated for rape, where the alleged victim asked Harris to stop numerous times, and Harris was concerned that the story might make it to ESPN.

I agree, how else can the investigation go cold after the victim reported that she had asked him to stop numerous times, and that he was dead weight on top of her. And because she reported the rape within 72 hours, there is no statute of limitations on the case. He isn't going to be a pro, so when a booster gets tired of making payments on behalf of a nobody, the case will start to heat up again.
yes and I agree with @doofy10 as well.

The other night at dinner with a bunch of people, someone invited a guy who is barely an acquaintance and he brought his daughter, a current UF student. At the table at the same time was my friend's daughter, who is also at UF currently. My wife and daughter had already left the group to go prepare for something, so I was sitting there taking it all in. The one girl, the one I don't really know was at the far end of the table and I caught a few words. She was saying things like "can't believe he's walking the streets free.". I also caught a reference to the new York times. At that point I kinda lost it. I'm a very mild person, but I told her not to put any faith in the NYT, that it was written from the pov of the girl only with no consideration of the other side, that they didn't use the evidence, at least not all of it, only what supported the claim. I mentioned the halfass "apology" they published, which was really an explanation of how one of the articles was written. I mentioned the two eye witnesses, including the fact that the witnesses / potential video recording were part of the reason for being brought up on coc charges. I wasn't coherent enough to talk about details of the changing story, etc. But I at least shut her up for the time being.

The thing that's really annoying about it is you just know this is not about justice, etc. Because she was saying all this stud with a poo-eating grin on her face, like it was a UF/FSU thing.

I guess my purpose for posting this, other than to get it off my chest ( I felt a little strange for going off like that ) is to tell you guys to not be like me and be prepared to talk about this stuff and why you believe like you do, not just because you're a fan of the guy.

Jameis is the victim of an old gypsy curse: "May you be involved in a lawsuit in which you know you're right."

As the defendant in a civil lawsuit myself, I wish I had a large signing bonus to bury my neighbor in cash alone.

One of the worse parts of the legal industry, i found 5 attorney's who said, "There is not case here." She only needed to find one willing to take her money. Adverse possession suit before anyone jumps to incorrect assumptions. :)

Read it. You'll love it.

I agree with this analysis.

My only disappoitment was that he did not sue (yet) Matt Barker and Uncle Pat for defamation, or Uncle Pat for extortion. Those claims appear to be supported by the facts.

I also think they should have sued Uncle Pat for extortion. Not only did she know about the tox report, but she understood their significance so well that she claimed the state crime lab faked them and insisted on a second test. Her comment that "you'll never hear from us again" can reasonably be interpreted as a threat. The "us" could mean Erika, Pat, and even Matt Barker. IIRC, all three made additional defamatory comments after the extortion attempt failed.

I agree with this analysis.

My only disappoitment was that he did not sue (yet) Matt Barker and Uncle Pat for defamation, or Uncle Pat for extortion. Those claims appear to be supported by the facts.

I also think they should have sued Uncle Pat for extortion. Not only did she know about the tox report, but she understood their significance so well that she claimed the state crime lab faked them and insisted on a second test. Her comment that "you'll never hear from us again" can reasonably be interpreted as a threat. The "us" could mean Erika, Pat, and even Matt Barker. IIRC, all three made additional defamatory comments after the extortion attempt failed.

Matt Baker isn't getting sued.

how are you still able to post over there? You challenge them on a regular basis and they take such great delight in having an uneven playing field where counterarguments are unwelcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT