ADVERTISEMENT

Satellite tv

primetime13

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
What's everyone using to tailgate with these days? Our old Tailgate spot had a cable hookup, but we recently switched spots and wanted to see what worked best around campus. I know Dish has the tailgater, but didn't know if that was better than direcTV ?

Count me in with your inquiry
I haven't done a crazy search but I couldn't find a TV at your Tailgate 101
Basically ...
What do we need to buy, w/ links where to buy it. (Generator, Dish equip, TV, cords, etc)
Different price options would be great.

Im sure there are quite a few people on here that are pros by now about this. Please come through!

I tailgated with DirecTV for almost 2 decades and it was extremely simple set up. However, the HD size of the satellite is just too large now and and takes up too much space. This coming football season I'm going to purchase this from DISH Network: http://www.gotailgater.com/new-king-tailgater-bundle/

Some folks who tailgated next to us in the IM fields used this and the setup was basically automatic. It automatically finds the satellites without having to manually find them. It's small and compact, and it's pay as you go for the DISH Network programming. So, when football season is over, you cancel the service.

All you need to purchase besides this either a Deep Cycle Marine battery & power inverter (cheaper & quieter) or a generator (more expensive but will last longer than 8 hours. I highly recommend a Honda). Might want to purchase some extension cords and longer coax cable if you need to run the cable a longer distance to your TV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT