ADVERTISEMENT

Seatles Offense

NolesandPanic

Walk-on
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2013
Would love to see Jimbo get creative and use our studs in different ways. MIx it up a little

Kind of like defenders just dripping off of Lynch? Hard to draw that up in the playbook.

Lynch & Wilson in my league...ya buddy. Big night for me tonight! Wilson wasn't even my starting QB, had him in the flex. Might be a good weekend.
happy.r191677.gif

Pointless to post in here all you get is arguments, all I was saying is we have a lot of horses that he doesn't mix in enough.

What do you expect when you are critical of an offense that broke the record for offensive scoring in college football HISTORY and usually only played 3 quarters at most of games to do so and didn't pad stats? If you want us to jump to a pro style offense because a pro team just won the superbowl and played tonight, well, I don't know what to tell you because we already run one.

Originally posted by Singleshot:
Kind of like defenders just dripping off of Lynch? Hard to draw that up in the playbook.

Lynch & Wilson in my league...ya buddy. Big night for me tonight! Wilson wasn't even my starting QB, had him in the flex. Might be a good weekend.
wink.r191677.gif

Well who would you put there then? And no, I don't fantasy brah, this is my first time.

Originally posted by vanole35:
Top scoring offense in NCAA history last year

Posted from Rivals Mobile
We just got outscored 31-30 by an offense that returned like 3 starters. Last year was last year, let the guy give his opinion, it's what we pay a subscription for.

Thank you for reminding us that one game is an adequate sample size to determine our offense is bad. And yeah 31-30 by a team that historically is horrible on offense, right the ship Jimbo!

That's a very narrow way of looking at the game. What does allowing them to outscore us in your specific amount of time have to do with our offense? If the defense is doing its job, scoring 30 should result in a win no problem. We are breaking in a new DC and don't have much film on all those new starters, that's not the fault of the offense. That doesn't mean we have to change the best offense CFB has ever seen after one game.

Originally posted by Singleshot:
Well who would you put there then? And no, I don't fantasy brah, this is my first time.
No one. You would definitely put your second qb in that flex slot if your league rules allow that, but since no one would ever put any other position there, you basically have a second qb slot.

Btw, I have lynch on my team too; it was a fun night.

Originally posted by ryanpkc:

We just got outscored 31-30 by an offense that returned like 3 starters. Last year was last year, let the guy give his opinion, it's what we pay a subscription for.
Last time I checked, we out scored them 37-31. Can't look at offensive and defensive scores in a vacuum. If we hadn't scored that d TD we would have had another opportunity for our offense to score.

Originally posted by NolesandPanic:

Pointless to post in here all you get is arguments, all I was saying is we have a lot of horses that he doesn't mix in enough.
The guy is known for featuring multiple backs and we had 3 receivers at or near 1,000 yards last year. We are one game in with a bunch of guys who had no experience and were in a tight game.

It's not pointless to post, but not everyone has to agree with your post either

Originally posted by ryanpkc:

Please point out where I told him he couldn't give his opinion.

Or did you mean please agree with his opinion?

I'll throw the OP a bone.

We could absolutely use a bit more diversity in the offense, and I think that's been hinted to as much from Jimbo and Company. The offense, admittedly, wasn't up to par from last year Saturday night, but it will get better as the weeks chug along, no doubt. I think Jimbo started playing a few of his cards close to the chest after he saw the score go up to 17-0.

We'll see how things pan out. Defense could play better too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT