ADVERTISEMENT

sharing electronic calendars / family

wbnolefan

Star Player
Aug 23, 2002
As I'm dragged kicking and screaming into the world of technology I have a (probably) dumb question:

I use Microsoft outlook at work, wife and I each have iPhones, with two kids who will soon be getting their own cell phones. With kids involved in sports, church trips, etc what is the best way for us to all share a calendar? I'd like for each person to be able to see what the other has scheduled but they don't need to see my conference call alerts, meetings etc and I don't need daily reminders about Algebra tests. Any good apps or solutions to integrate my Outlook calendar into a family system?

Look at an app called "Cozi"
You have to pay for it and I fought against it until my wife got it...it's actually been very nice.

as mentioned....google calendars for sure. From there we can introduce you to Google docs...but I don't want to blow your mind with that just yet old man ;)

also, there is a way to set your gmail up to look and function as outlook.

My wife and I each have iPhones, and we share an iPhone calendar. I keep an Outlook calendar at work, which shows up as separate entries on my iPhone. I can see work and home stuff, and the wife doesn't have to see my work stuff.

We use an app called miCal... it's great. It syncs all of our google calendars and also separate work calendars all into one very user friendly app. We have iPhones

What happened to the good old days of Dad simply scheduling whatever he wants, and other family members modifying their lives around him? No need for "apps" or "programs" or other demonizing gadgetry.

We use MS OneDrive "family room" which has a calendar and shared cloud space/OneNote space.

football games will trump all other activities, so I'm fighting it

Seriously? I love FSU football. I've paid good money to travel across the country to watch big games. But I'll DVR a game to watch one of my kids play their soccer/softball/basketball game. I'm a dad first and a football fan second. I hope some of these comments are just message board blustering.

Seriously? I love FSU football. I've paid good money to travel across the country to watch big games. But I'll DVR a game to watch one of my kids play their soccer/softball/basketball game. I'm a dad first and a football fan second. I hope some of these comments are just message board blustering.
Just LR hyperbole, I meant my son's football games. I used to referee football and I hated calling middle school games. Once my son started playing it was the biggest night of the week. It's funny how things change over the years.

Reactions: BelemNole
Another vote for Google Calendar. I have 8 different calendars that I share with different sets of people.

ADVERTISEMENT