ADVERTISEMENT

Smart? Fan Catches Ball Holding Baby

DanC78

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 29, 2003
we've all probably seen the video now of the dad catching a fly ball while holding his baby. Pretty cool I have to admit, will make a great story for the rest of their lives to tell.

But, I can't help but think what a bad idea it was to be sitting there with a baby.

Was at a Rays game last year a man got hammered by a line drive. Had to receive medical attention. About a half dozen other zingers went that direction before the game was over.

I don't know...I didn't play much baseball after Little Leauge, so maybe I'm being an over protective parent, but that can't be the smartest place to be sitting with a baby....maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
That's awesome.

You are wrong. That wasn't a line drive and the baby was not in danger. He got the ball, baby didn't even wake up and the visiting team didn't get the out. That dad rocks.

Reactions: ncnole1975
They did get the out because that was fan interference.

That play really wasn't dangerous but I agree sitting there with a baby is nuts.

Who brings an infant to a baseball game? If you can't afford a babysitter, don't go.

we've all probably seen the video now of the dad catching a fly ball while holding his baby. Pretty cool I have to admit, will make a great story for the rest of their lives to tell.

But, I can't help but think what a bad idea it was to be sitting there with a baby.

Was at a Rays game last year a man got hammered by a line drive. Had to receive medical attention. About a half dozen other zingers went that direction before the game was over.

I don't know...I didn't play much baseball after Little Leauge, so maybe I'm being an over protective parent, but that can't be the smartest place to be sitting with a baby....maybe I'm wrong.

Can't see video. How was the ball holding the baby? Was it cradling the neck and head properly?

Reactions: DanC78
Baby quoted after the game saying 'soccer fans are sissies'.

They did get the out because that was fan interference.

That play really wasn't dangerous but I agree sitting there with a baby is nuts.

Who brings an infant to a baseball game? If you can't afford a babysitter, don't go.

Baseball game maybe... but when I'm at Doak Campbell and see junior or princess dresses in their Seminole outfits and are under the age of 5 I have to wonder what the heck the parents are thinking...

Reactions: RPMNole
I saw it live. i thought it was great as did his wife, the fans, the cub announcers and even the cubs manager when he saw replay. Dude was a boss for that moment of his life. They even interviewed him during the game two innings later.

I have no problem with going for that catch but sitting in those seats with a baby is fairly bonehead.

Reactions: RPMNole
Women think he's irresponsible because of where he sat, men don't. There is one reason why: women don't oay attention at baseball games, there too busy flapping their gums. Men actually watch the action. The baby was infinitely safer in dads' arms in the front row than he'd have been in moms' arms in the 15th row.

Women think he's irresponsible because of where he sat, men don't. There is one reason why: women don't oay attention at baseball games, there too busy flapping their gums. Men actually watch the action. The baby was infinitely safer in dads' arms in the front row than he'd have been in moms' arms in the 15th row.

Wife's open yapper would collect any foul ball like a black hole... :cool:

Reactions: DanC78
ADVERTISEMENT