ADVERTISEMENT

Smells Like Tuna, Tastes Like People

NDallasRuss

Veteran Seminole Insider
Dec 5, 2002
Purcellville, VA
"Bumble Bee Foods and two managers were charged by Los Angeles prosecutors Monday with violating safety regulations in the death of a worker who was cooked in an industrial oven with tons of tuna.

Jose Melena was performing maintenance in a 35-foot-long oven at the company's Santa Fe Springs plant before dawn Oct. 11, 2012, when a co-worker, who mistakenly believed Melena was in the bathroom, filled the pressure cooker with 12,000 pounds of canned tuna and it was turned on.

When a supervisor noticed Melena, 62, was missing, an announcement was made on the intercom and employees searched for him in the facility and parking lot, according to a report by the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health. His body was found two hours later after the pressure cooker, which reached a temperature of 270 degrees, was turned off and opened."

Bumble Bee is People

You can tune a piano but you can't tuna Jose Melena.

A man died. Y'all should have more respect. I'm not squidding...

That's a whale of a story. At least he didn't get mixed in with the fish, 'cuda been worse.

SoylentGreen.jpg

Reactions: Helluvanengineer
We should dolphinitely scale back on the fish puns.

I wish I could complain that all these puns are in bad taste, but I'm not looking for puns with good taste. I'm looking for puns that taste good.

I would never make jokes on porpoise...and I've had haddock enough herring them already!!!!!

Wow. I was almost hoping it was a wet tuna like comes out of some of the cheaper cans, so that he could have just drowned. But autopsy confirmed he died of burns........I thought I already knew all of the worst ways to die, but this is up there. Dieing of burns in a 270 degree oven does not sound very fast. I hope there was little enough oxygen that maybe he passed out and it was just biological death by burns but he was unconscious

Bumblebee is gonna shell out some major clams over this.
Trying to tuna this out so I don't get smoked up,too much. I'm sure the old boy is pretty dried up and is unable to fish or cut bait. I hope he didn't flounder around too much.

ADVERTISEMENT