ADVERTISEMENT

Something your wife does, or gf, that pisses you off....

She makes decisions without first employing any kind of logic or critical thinking at all - just emotion and whatever feels right/wrong at the time. 100% opposite of how I do things. It backfires on her more often than not, but lessons are never learned.

Reactions: tommynole3476
She makes decisions without first employing any kind of logic or critical thinking at all - just emotion and whatever feels right/wrong at the time. 100% opposite of how I do things. It backfires on her more often than not, but lessons are never learned.

Dude, for real man. Get out of my head.

The "feel" thing drives me nuts. Zero logic.

Example from a couple years back:
"I feel like we should paint this room. I don't know what color I want it, and I don't know how I want it to look, but I feel like it needs to be a different color."

$70 of paint and supplies, a wasted afternoon taping, prepping, painting later: "Hmmm, I don't like this color either. I don't know, maybe we should have left it the way it was. I don't know."

Good thing is now I can remind her of these situations and she'll concede she has no idea what she wants and that tends to get me out of it. Particularly painting. I hate painting. Paying someone to do it, however, will end up being both an expensive and frustrating exercise, as she still won't like it. :D

First time for this thread in awhile, always good for some laughs. A few years ago, someone - I think it was Cro - posted a list so long that it took Evelyn Wood 90 minutes to read it.

Osceola, I fall for it every time. After 34 years you would think I would have learned by now.

It's odd that I consider our relationship strong, but man, there are so many things that my wife does that drive me crazy. Right there with Russ about the feel thing, wife will have absolutely no sound reasoning or logic for why/how she wants something done.

This is especially true when I've suggested a potential course of action; not only will she have no logic or reasoning to refute my sound logic and reasoning, she'll have no alternative solution either.

Another one is, she cannot back out of our driveway. It's straight, but she parks on the 'inside' parking space, so she has to turn her wheel a few degrees to move her car to the left, and then line back up to go straight out. But she can't, she'll turn her wheel entirely to one side to move the car a foot to that side, and then turn the wheel all the way back the other way to straighten out, which means, you guessed it, she's not straight. So now she makes this weird, reverse three point turnaround to get out of our driveway.

Here's a very typical interaction we have... Last night I fixed dinner, and went into the nursery to tell her it was ready, I open the door and before I can open my mouth, she starts barking instructions at me about something... she continues to talk, as we move into the living room, and then the kitchen... she continues to talk, so I start fixing my plate (since, you know, dinner's ready and we're in the kitchen now), and she angrily says "WE'RE YOU EVEN GOING TO TELL ME DINNER WAS READY?!"

Inability to keep track of where she put her keys, glasses, purse...When I get to the house, I always put my wallet, keys & shades in the same spot on the corner of the counter. She comes in & randomly tosses hers down. When it's time to go, she inevitably can't find her stuff.

Even worse is when she "straightens up", which includes moving my stuff to one of her random spots.

My wife has this gift when chewing gum. She doesn't smack her gum like trailer trash but rather is able to turn the gum after every chew to where there is a bubble for each bit. And it always pops in her mouth.

To make matters worse she will always do this with her mouth slightly open and ALWAYS when we are on the road in the car. I can't get up and leave any time soon so I'm trapped or I have to complain.

Inability to keep track of where she put her keys, glasses, purse...When I get to the house, I always put my wallet, keys & shades in the same spot on the corner of the counter. She comes in & randomly tosses hers down. When it's time to go, she inevitably can't find her stuff.

Even worse is when she "straightens up", which includes moving my stuff to one of her random spots.

And its ALWAYS the last place you would even think to look. Same problem, I feel your pain.

She buys stuff at publix that should be bought at sams...and then buys stuff at sams that should be bought at publix....it's really unreal.

I have banned her from whole foods...so I won't even go there.
Hahaha.Hahaha. Omg. Sounds like my sister in law. My brother rescinded all grocery shopping duties from her years ago for being inefficient and buying stuff they didn't need. Lol.

On another note this app makes it impossible to edit someone's quote or even delete my first set of "Hahahaha's". Freaking annoying.

Reactions: DanC78
Hey Tarpon, do you now do stuff that's annoying as hell to guys? :confused:

This is especially true when I've suggested a potential course of action; not only will she have no logic or reasoning to refute my sound logic and reasoning, she'll have no alternative solution either.
The worst is that my wife will know that there's no logical reason for her deciding a certain way, but she'll still stick to it, even in the face of facts, figures, etc. that completely disprove and contradict her position. Drives me batcrap crazy.

The keys thing drives me crazy. We switch cars fairly often. I now know to just look in her pocket book. When the keys aren't where they're supposed to be. But I've had some frantic moments getting ready to leave the house in the morning because of her forgetting to put the keys back.

My wife has this gift when chewing gum. She doesn't smack her gum like trailer trash but rather is able to turn the gum after every chew to where there is a bubble for each bit. And it always pops in her mouth.

To make matters worse she will always do this with her mouth slightly open and ALWAYS when we are on the road in the car. I can't get up and leave any time soon so I'm trapped or I have to complain.

That would be grounds for divorce.

1) restacking the dishes - just do it yourself if you're going to critique how I've done it.
2) rejecting the restaurant choice and then failing to provide an alternative
3) that generally grouchy look on her face for no reason sometimes.
4) falling for every sales line people throw at her and spending stupidly - cars, houses, boats, you name it, she'll pay top dollar.
5) Planning camping trips to the Nth degree -
6) listening to her bitch about how often I play golf / how long it takes to play golf.
7) failing to notice the flow of traffic and staying in the slow lane when there are faster lanes available.
8) Dressing sexy as hell and not being willing to break me off some lovin after a night out.

Let me add sending me pictures and articles through Facebook Messenger throughout the day. My phone sits next to me on my desk and each time that green light pops up letting me know she's sent me another weird recipe of funny internet meme, I want to throw the phone across the room.

I like that she sends me things that she wants me to see, but when I'm trying to get a bunch of stuff done so I can get out of here at a decent time, or meet a deadline, it's distracting and makes me stop what I'm doing so I can look and then respond to her so she doesn't get her feelings hurt.

If we are in the same room and I say "I'm going to get some water" or something from the kitchen, she'll wait until I get back to ask me to get something.

Maybe I shouldn't bitch about being single.......well I don't actually, my last GF kind of put me off the gender for a while (but that while has been 5 years).

I have a dog that's always happy to see me no matter where I've been (not that I really go anywhere in my old age).

Resting bitch face. We all have it. Maybe not all the time, but we do.

It's sad how this is always the first topic in the general topic realm that gets brought up. It's not "why do you love your spouse" or something like that...you always turn to the complaining first.
Nobody on here would be interested in reading each others' sappy stories about the things that make them love their significant others.

Unless, of course, it reads like a Penthouse Forum* letter: "I love my wife because at least once a month she surprises me by coming home from her Friday after-work happy hour with some random waitress or free-spirited intern who's dying to pleasure both of us in as many different ways as possible..."

*I'm not even sure if this is still a thing that exists. That may just be "old me" remembering something that existed 20 years ago.

My wife has a gift for "cleaning up" and never remembering where she put any of the stuff she put away. It's never where it belongs, she just wanted it out of sight, so she stuck it somewhere, then forgot where she put it 3 seconds later - so it's gone until we stumble upon it accidentally. Maddening.
She also like to treat my work bench as a junk pile. Anything she wanted out of the house she'd throw on my work-bench. In the new house it's not right outside the kitchen door anymore so it doesn't happen, but it used to drive me nuts.
Lastly, she can't just go to the store to pick something up. If I'm cooking and I discover that we ran out of pepper...I'm out the door and back in 8 minutes. She's gone for an hour at least. Even if we're waiting in the car while she "just runs in for" whatever, it takes half an hour and she comes out with 4 bags of crap. Just get what you need and go woman!

I was in the USMC for 8 years where 10 minutes early is on time and at the appointed time is late. I have to build in a 30 fake buffer time to get anywhere on time. But it's her and my daughters conspiring to make us late, everywhere.

My wife puts everything in the clothes or dish washer. Use a measuring cup for some water? Put it in the dish washer... Cut open something with the scissors? Put it in the dishwasher.... Wear a hat three times? Time for a load of laundry...

And I'm not going to even get started on loading the dishwasher or washing machine...

She buys things that we don't need/want because her sisters have bought it.

Oh lawsy. When my girl goes to moving stuff, it is always my fault when things cannot be found. Often, the "things" are fairly important or at least relevant to life. It isn't like she hasn't had practice in keeping up with stuff like documents... She works for a SeaPA!!

1) turns dryer off before the "cool down" cycle has even started thus burning up 3 thermostat thingies in 3 yrs. at $75 a pop...really? she can't wait til the damn dryer is done?Sometimes the clothes are still damp to boot.
2) turns the dishwasher off before it's done..why?? Sticking with the dishwasher,the items she loads she puts them in totally random spots.The dishwasher is designed for certain things,like plates to go in a certain area.It will be empty and she will put bowls where the plates go.The plates can only go in one area so where the hell are we supposed to put the plates if she puts bowls and glasses there?So I end up having to rearrange the damn thing every time.One other dishwasher item- she will run it when it's less than half full.
3) turns the sink water in kitchen on then casually picks up or whatever for minutes at a time as the freaking hot water just runs on a dish. She does this as I stare in disbelief so I can imagine how long she leaves it run when i'm not home
4) puts nearly everything in the house in a different spot when she picks up or cleans thus looking for a screwdriver turns into a 30 min search...
5) very wasteful i.e water running,food,money and leaving the TV's on in 3 different rooms during the day, just to name a few.

This is extremely common and a HUGE reason why gals shouldn't be making the financial decisions for the household.

Constant need to redecorate, remodel and reconfigure. Initially I thought "OK, we will get this done, and then we can just enjoy the place." Nope. Something always needs to be improved

Lessons are never learned because you are always there to absorb the fall-out. She doesn't "need" to get it right because her mistakes ultimately become your problem.

ADVERTISEMENT