ADVERTISEMENT

Something your wife does, or gf, that pisses you off....

I would LOVE to see what your SO would say about all of you.

I'm a very logical person and female, but horribly fiscally irresponsible mainly because I love shopping, I've learned to curb that some.

I asked my hubby last night he said the only thing that drives him crazy sometimes is that I can be needy, LOL. I'm ok with that!

I'm a very logical person and female, but horribly fiscally irresponsible mainly because I love shopping, I've learned to curb that some.

I asked my hubby last night he said the only thing that drives him crazy sometimes is that I can be needy, LOL. I'm ok with that!

Pix?? Most unflattering habits/characteristics can be overlooked if there are sufficient countervailing considerations. The pix will help this expert panel weigh in on your situation and provide any appropriate recommendations. Thank you.

No concept of time. As a result, we're either (a) late, or (b) rushing around and barely on time for stuff. Love her, but it drives me f*&^%$$ nuts.
Holy crap! You just put my entire relationship into a couple sentences. I can tell my wife exactly when we will need to leave somewhere and it will be 10 minutes before that and she still need to shower and pick out he clothes. She wants me to set alarms for when she needs to do stuff

Hahaha.Hahaha. Omg. Sounds like my sister in law. My brother rescinded all grocery shopping duties from her years ago for being inefficient and buying stuff they didn't need. Lol.

On another note this app makes it impossible to edit someone's quote or even delete my first set of "Hahahaha's". Freaking annoying.
Yes, I can't go back in my post when using the iPhone app. It looks like it works but then takes me to a completely different line. Like using a typewriter if you screw up. Even those had the ability to edit...I think. Honestly I'm to young to have ever used one

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
My missus would leave every light in the house on 24/7 if I wasn't around. She'll come into the kitchen, get a drink, walk out and leave two lights on and go upstairs. Then complains about how I waste water. (I stopped that complaint by not flushing until every other pee to save water. Never heard another word from her).

Holy crap! You just put my entire relationship into a couple sentences. I can tell my wife exactly when we will need to leave somewhere and it will be 10 minutes before that and she still need to shower and pick out he clothes. She wants me to set alarms for when she needs to do stuff

This is a horrible trait that many of us suffer with. Drives me insane. It's the epitome of rudeness, like everyone else can just wait on me because I am special. Screw that. I think it relates to the desire to purposefully walk in late so everyone sees "me." Any other credible explanations welcomed.

If we are in the same room and I say "I'm going to get some water" or something from the kitchen, she'll wait until I get back to ask me to get something.
Everytime i stand up to do anything she immediately ask me to get her something. Like if I never went to the bathroom she would die of thirst waiting for me to get her water

That reminds me. Interrupting when men are talking.

;)

This is extremely common and a HUGE reason why gals shouldn't be making the financial decisions for the household.

The only exception I can proffer is my mother. She was wickedly good with finances and keeping everything in line. So much that it pissed my dad off and he took the check book away from her. Lol.

Conversely, I need someone to take ALL financial responsibilities away from me. I'm horrible. Give me an allowance and I'd thank whoever my SO is.

The only exception I can proffer is my mother. She was wickedly good with finances and keeping everything in line. So much that it pissed my dad off and he took the check book away from her. Lol.

Conversely, I need someone to take ALL financial responsibilities away from me. I'm horrible. Give me an allowance and I'd thank whoever my SO is.

Might be able to help. More pix please.

It's no coincidense the best GF i've had was russian/georgian who spoke little english.

I had a Chechen gf who used to accuse me of cheating all of the time. She had this incredible paranoia, one time she saw a single strand of blonde hair dangling from my baseball cap from about 6 ft away, needless to say i feared for my life.

At least show us pix of your truck. Doesn't sound like Mom needs any help, although I would be willing to review her situation too. Equal opportunity helper.

Gosh darn this app. Mom is dead. But here's my truck.

PoQaUFo.png

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
When we go out to eat she says you're driving, you pick the restaurant. So I pull up to my restaurant of choice and she doesn't want to eat there. Is this pretty much universal with all women?

- Always makes me drive
- Never tells me when she's not cooking
- Mother in law is always at my house

-Never offers up alternatives when discussing restaurant choices.

-Late everywhere

-Indecisive as all hell. She's gotten better but it used to take her 30 mins just to order meal. It dawned on me after a while that she's like that because her father is very critical. Basically she's afraid of having her decisions scrutinized.

-She's an expert at everything. We were discussing something about our yard (something I have experience with) and she suddenly became an expert on landscaping. To me it just sounds like she wants to diasgree with me for the hell of it.

-Every argument or disagreement is my fault and I should be the one to apologize. Whether or not she was being a complete asshole is moot in her mind. I finally called her on it and told her that she should check the height of our living room ceiling before nailing herself to her cross. Didn't turn out the way I hoped.

-Stuffs crap into drawers and forgets what's in there.

-Can be very dogmatic

Through it all I still love her :)

Everytime i stand up to do anything she immediately ask me to get her something. Like if I never went to the bathroom she would die of thirst waiting for me to get her water
This is me too. It's worse with wine. You would imagine my wife never opened or poured a glass of wine in her entire life. She doesn't need anything until I get up, then she absolutely has to have it immediately. The other thing is she asks me to do something, then while I'm doing that she asks for something else, and on and on. Then gets pissed that I have not done the first one yet.

This is me too. It's worse with wine. You would imagine my wife never opened or poured a glass of wine in her entire life. She doesn't need anything until I get up, then she absolutely has to have it immediately. The other thing is she asks me to do something, then while I'm doing that she asks for something else, and on and on. Then gets pissed that I have not done the first one yet.

Have you tried the old "I can't since I'm doing ___" maneuver?

My missus would leave every light in the house on 24/7 if I wasn't around. She'll come into the kitchen, get a drink, walk out and leave two lights on and go upstairs. Then complains about how I waste water. (I stopped that complaint by not flushing until every other pee to save water. Never heard another word from her).

You can install automatic lights that turn on when someone enters the room and turn off after a few minutes of no movement.

Reactions: irishnole06
She buys things that we don't need/want because her sisters have bought it.

This is where an agreed-upon budget would be helpful. "Is there enough in the budget? No? Well, if you want it, you can use your fun/allowance money, or you can sell something so you have money and room for it."

The other thing is she asks me to do something, then while I'm doing that she asks for something else, and on and on. Then gets pissed that I have not done the first one yet.

This sounds more like many bosses (male or female) I've had during my working life.

This is extremely common and a HUGE reason why gals shouldn't be making the financial decisions for the household.

Gosh, it's amazing how I've managed to buy a house, pay it down ahead of schedule, pay for a lot of home improvement projects, carry zero credit card debt for several years, and have a credit score of over 825...without the help of a big, strong, wealthy man.

-

-Every argument or disagreement is my fault and I should be the one to apologize. Whether or not she was being a complete asshole is moot in her mind. I finally called her on it and told her that she should check the height of our living room ceiling before nailing herself to her cross. Didn't turn out the way I hoped.

Yeah, I've gone down that road before. Its all well and good that you have to apologize, but the second they have to, when they were the one that started it, well you better not wait for hell to freeze over.

Yeah, I've gone down that road before. Its all well and good that you have to apologize, but the second they have to, when they were the one that started it, well you better not wait for hell to freeze over.

Ever notice that some women love to argue to great lengths that they are right, but when you try to use good logic and reasoning to show why they are wrong, suddenly they decide "I don't want to talk about it"?

She makes decisions without first employing any kind of logic or critical thinking at all - just emotion and whatever feels right/wrong at the time. 100% opposite of how I do things. It backfires on her more often than not, but lessons are never learned.

This is probably our biggest issue. She feels that I am trying to control her when I disagree with her. I try to let things go as much as possible, but there are just some issues I am not willing to budge on, especially when they are going to be costly or require a lot of time and effort on my part.

You can install automatic lights that turn on when someone enters the room and turn off after a few minutes of no movement.

We did this when we built our house a few years ago. We put them in all of the living/kitchen areas, and even our pantry and bedroom closet. It has been great!

Ever notice that some women love to argue to great lengths that they are right, but when you try to use good logic and reasoning to show why they are wrong, suddenly they decide "I don't want to talk about it"?
Or when you actually find hard evidence that you were actually right, you're a "jerk that always has to be right." I don't even rub it in, I'm more concerned about her not making the same mistake twice. She can go through any lengths to prove me wrong but the second I turn out to be right, I'm the jerk.

Our house could look like a total crapstorm came through and my wife will find the ONE item that's mine, say a pair of gym shoes left out, to get on to me about.

Gosh, it's amazing how I've managed to buy a house, pay it down ahead of schedule, pay for a lot of home improvement projects, carry zero credit card debt for several years, and have a credit score of over 825...without the help of a big, strong, wealthy man.

Yeah, my wife manages the money for our household and always has, and has been brilliant at it...was very strict and organized for a lot of years that managed to get us out of the poorhouse and kept us from accumulating debt. And she hates shopping and never buys anything for herself either, so we both keep ourselves on a very tight leash. I'm not a financial idiot or anything, but she's really good.

None of the things she does rise to a serious level, and they are nothing that really matters like financial things or argument inducing. I more think of it (or have learned to think of them) as the kinds of quirks than anyone has. "Pisses me off" is too strong a statement, none of these things anger me, but maybe make me shake my head sometimes...

1) Loses her keys, glasses, etc...but hers are not in the last place you'd look. 80% of the time they are in the first place she looked. Whenever she can't find something and asks for my help I ask "Where did you think they were?" Purse, table, coat pocket...wherever they were supposed to be, they always are, she just didn't look well enough. It actually makes it a fairly easy thing to deal with on my end.

2) She does like to tell/remind me things that there is no possible way for me to not know. So, like I start the dishwasher every night. About once every three or four years, I'll forget. So once out of 1000 times maybe. She still wants to remind me to start the dishwasher every night, and has had to actively train herself not to after I've mentioned it's annoyance a few times.

Or things that, even if I were somehow to do them differently, the consequences are so small as to be not worth mentioning...would rather make the occasional meaningless mistake 3% of the time, than be instructed 100% of the time. Like "Pull into the first entrance!" at a store or something. It's an obvious thing, but even on the odd chance that I did make a mistake and pull into the second entrance...who cares? Not worth her thinking about, mentioning, or me hearing.

She is just way more controlled of her own life than I am with mine, and bothered by the most inconsequential of mistakes, so that makes her want to constantly keep on top of all of us the same way, and it gets a little old.

3) She does like to ask me to do stuff at inopportune times, and expects (well, maybe not anymore) that I will remember to do it. Because her brain works that way...she can keep a calendar in her head, and make a mental note of something to do. But for the most part, that's a lot easier if it's YOUR own idea, need, whatever. And my brain is just not great that way anyway.

So like on a Tuesday morning when I'm in the shower, she might tell me "Can you get that box down from the attic this weekend." And if the weekend comes and goes, she will act like I've blown off doing it for her. But, there's just no way I can just file away a random (to me) detail like that.

We've gotten past that by a combination of me using my calendar on my phone, and her making a mental note for herself instead, to wait until Saturday to ask me, and then I just do it then.

Nobody on here would be interested in reading each others' sappy stories about the things that make them love their significant others.

Unless, of course, it reads like a Penthouse Forum* letter: "I love my wife because at least once a month she surprises me by coming home from her Friday after-work happy hour with some random waitress or free-spirited intern who's dying to pleasure both of us in as many different ways as possible..."

*I'm not even sure if this is still a thing that exists. That may just be "old me" remembering something that existed 20 years ago.

I actually love my wife madly - She is my best friend, a smokin hot lady for her age, a good mom, and earns a good living - that doesn't mean all the above things listed are invalidated / that's why we have been together since we were 19 years old....but god does she drive me crazy sometimes.

and banditking - "never wrong" - seems to be gender specific / as husbands we all get very good at saying, "I was wrong / it was my fault / I'm sorry" - they can do it, but it is like an eclipse - rare and remarkable when it happens.

When we go out to eat she says you're driving, you pick the restaurant. So I pull up to my restaurant of choice and she doesn't want to eat there. Is this pretty much universal with all women?
similar situation with me. I ask my wf what she wants for supper and she says it does not matter. when I make a few suggestions, nothing sounds good to her so I guess it really does matter

I actually love my wife madly - She is my best friend, a smokin hot lady for her age, a good mom, and earns a good living - that doesn't mean all the above things listed are invalidated / that's why we have been together since we were 19 years old....but god does she drive me crazy sometimes.
similar situation with me. I ask my wf what she wants for supper and she says it does not matter. when I make a few suggestions, nothing sounds good to her so I guess it really does matter

I think it is very common. There should be a rule -once a couple has decided to go out to eat, you cannot say no to a suggested place to eat unless you are going to offer an alternative.

I'm just not interested in bringing other women into our relationship. No matter how many times I say it, it doesn't sink in with her. So frustrating.

Yeah, my wife manages the money for our household and always has, and has been brilliant at it...was very strict and organized for a lot of years that managed to get us out of the poorhouse and kept us from accumulating debt. And she hates shopping and never buys anything for herself either, so we both keep ourselves on a very tight leash. I'm not a financial idiot or anything, but she's really good.

She can add and subtract AND she's responsible which makes her worth her weight in gold. If she's also into yoga, twice her weight.
Consider yourself blessed.

So far (5 years married), it has not been an issue with the second wife. Fault isn't a component of arguments. The arguments are about a specific issue. We problem solve that issue and move on. This is as it should be in my opinion. My current (and hopefully forever) wife even anticipates the kinds of errors I might make (usually absent-minded ness) and will leave sticky notes in good places as reminders (e.g., if she is out of town, "Remember to take [son's] bag today." on the door to the garage.) Anyway, she rocks. We rarely argue. When we do, they are short and logical.

Didn't you marry an ex-attorney from a white glove law firm who is now a stay at home wife....Staaaahhhp bragging.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT